Berbatov Joins Fulham

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much would we get for him though ? It would leave us with only 3 senior strikers should Owen leave.

I could see SAF either promoting someone from the reserves or buying someone new

Diouf already gone, Berbatov on his way out, Macheda and Owen could both leave in the summer too.

Could see a new signing, maybe Nani will move central.

think macheda might stay, leaving us with roo, chich, welbz and macheda..

even though berba, owen and diuof has gone. not really sure SAF will buy a new striker.
young giggs and nani can do a job further up field as withdrawn striker..

on the other hand, SAF loves to have a lot of strikers..

If Berbatov goes we definately need to buy a striker. Owen will either leave or be injured. Macheda I do not believe is anywhere near good enough for United. He has been unlucky with his loans but if he was good enough he would be playing. A team the size of United should not be looking to make do with the like of Giggs and Nani playing out of position in my opinion.

Diouf already gone, Berbatov on his way out, Macheda and Owen could both leave in the summer too.

Could see a new signing, maybe Nani will move central.

Was going to post something similar about Nani playing more central in the Hazard thread the other day but the bloody internet connection went on me.

I think Nani would thrive playing in the hole, like Hazard and Sanchez have in the past. Playing centrally offers players a lot more freedom and Nani could thrive on that. If I'm being honest I'd prefer Rooney as the furthest forward. Having Nani in behind may indeed be an option if Berba left - he played that role earlier in the season away at Villa when Chicharito went off injured and was very impressive.

No Berbatov again. If he was to play he could pick up an injury thereby reducing the chance we'll receive a transfer fee.

Doubt that is the reason we arent playing him. You could say if he was to play and scored his price would go up.

Perhaps Pogba needing gametime is why he's being left out. Fergie wants to keep Pogba so he has to give him chances, Berba is out of favour and probably wants to go and play football now. Should be on bench over Park though at the moment.

Credit to Berba for not slagging anyone off, if he was to do so after leaving I would understand and probably agree.

His agent, Emil Danchev has confirmed today that he'll be leaving in the summer, won't be going to another English club.

Wish him the best hopefully he'll leave with a premier league medal

He's not a player that relies on pace so he should maintain his level for a few more years yet. 10 million is probably fair.

Feel sad reading Berba's agent's comments. I wish him the very best.

I think Berbatov still has a lot to give and will be a success wherever he goes. Good luck berba :(

Disappointed he's leaving, but like Veron, he's a great player but didn't really fit. It's probably best for both that he moves on. Excited by this comment "Ferguson wants to change the playing style, to implement more speed".

That comments from Berbatov's agent would support thr point he didn't suit our style. It's why Welbeck is ahead of him, tempo is key.

Will he play for us again this season? Cant see it unless it's the final game of the season

Does look like Berbatov won't play again. Both Welbeck and Chicharito are not in peak form so I'm sure he could do a job for us but he's been frozen out for whatever reason.

Think he may get a few minutes last game of the season!

Will go down as a flop with his time at United, shame really because at his best he's class, but not really suited to the United style!

Far play to him though, not whinged or moaned once about being left out, even after being left out the champs league final squad!

Didn't suit our style is a fair description of Berbatov's United career. I created a thread (http://www.stretfordendarising.com/forum/f6/how-will-dimitar-berbatov-remembered-2681/) asking whether he would be considered a flop or player that didnt suit our style. I was curious to whether people considered Berbatov to be a flop after his efforts last season. 56 goals in 147 appearances is a decent enough record. When he first arrived Berbatov was played a lot deeper than he did at Spurs. When he played further up the field in 2010/11 he scored goals. Welbeck's tempo is much higher than Berbatov's so he is more suited to our quick attacking play.

It's about time he left. To be honest he has not fitted in since he arrived. With welback, Rooney and Chico in front of him why should we keep him on the bench wasting wages? He has had little or no impact this season. His wage could go towards someone like Edin Hazard or Munian. I for one would love to see either of them two playing at OT.

His stats look good for his time at United!

I still think the correct term to use is flop though, very similar to Veron's time at United, Brilliant at times, but both never showed it as much as they should of. Both suit a slower tempo game and United at there best is fast flowing football which is why both never produced the same level of performance as they did with there previous clubs!

I think that SAF very rarely gets it wrong when its time to move them on, best example is Ruud, a lot of United fans where surprised that Ruud was allowed to go, as was still a goal scoring machine, but looking back at the time we had Ruud we became very 1D, and in the seasons after Ruud left the football became much better and played at a lot higher tempo!

Flop is harsh in my opinion. Being joint scorer last season saves him from the flop tag, surely?

Maybe the to use the word flop is a little strong, he has been good at times and for parts of last season was brilliant, but I dont think its worked the way anyone thought it would for him at Old Trafford!

I dont know what other word can be used, to discribe his time with United!

Good sometime brilliant player but for me, not a United player.

Couldn't really see the point in Owen staying next season. Fergie probably has someone lined up but can't see him spending much until a midfielder is found. Macheda or King might come back as 4th choice.

I think for the rest of the season Fergie would just push Nani(when fit) or Young to play second striker role. Just have to hope we've had our bad luck with injuries for this season now.

As for next season we will have to invest in another forward, with Berba, Owen and probably Kiko all on there way out. I can see King being in the 1st team squad for next season but I still feel we would need 1 more adding to the squad.

I'd say Will Keane is more likely than King to make the step up. He's really impressed when I've seen him this season, he seems to just get better and better. Has the physique now also.

He has been involved with the first team in the past but I would have thought he'd go out on loan next season.

He probably will but of all our young strikers he is the one I feel is most ready to step up. Macheda could stay I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back