Axel Tuanzebe | Match Discussion thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideshow Bob

Match discussion thread for discussing Axel Tuanzebe's performances.

Champions League: PSG 1-2 Manchester United - 20th October 2020

Top top performance all things considered.

Yes it was a very good performance, but it is very debatable if that was a penalty and debated 10 times it would probably be judged a penalty at least 6
But we take the decisions when they go with us just as we need to when they dont.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

He was excellent. Because of his injuries I think you forget how good he is. I think he was ready to claim his position last season before he was injured

Surely has to start the weekend just take your pick of whose alongside him?

Not sure, two games in 4 days after a long lay off?

Surely has to start the weekend just take your pick of whose alongside him?
Yeah that would be my suggestion. Like @Mr C said the worry could be two games in quick succession after such a long lay off. However, if he is unscathed I hasten to guess he will be absolutely raring to go again. Long term I think Ole has to try Axel and Maguire together - Ole has shown with throwing in Bailly that he probably doesn’t have utmost faith in Lindelof. Axel has pace and will be a good foil for Maguire so for me even if it doesn’t happen this weekend, it has to be the long term goal.

I think he keeps his spot vs Chelsea as long as the physios are happy that he's not risking injury I'd be sending the same XI out again that Chelsea game is must win now.

Man Utd 1-2 Sheff Utd ~ 27th Jan 2021

Not pinning either goal on him but I do think he looks very jittery whenever he plays and spreads a bit of nerves amongst the defence probably because he's still young and learning the game.

Think it's a bit of a crunch time in this kids career one way or another he needs to be playing regular first team football next season.

Either he breaks through at Utd and establishes himself as a serious first team option rather than the 4th choice, he goes out on loan or is sold I think he's sort of stood still for 18 months due to form/injury since coming back from his loan. He can't really afford another season being 4th choice if we wants to make the most of his potential.

Him and Martial have received a lot of racist abuse on Instagram since the game.

Hope the fans are found and charged.

He doesn't look like he belongs in the team at the moment though. He's certainly not forcing himself up the pecking order. I think he'll be gone this summer.

Just looking at his insta post and I hope he can take heart from 99% of the post which are along the lines of the following

- This is the reason players still need to take a knee. This disgusting hatred needs to stop and I hope now people can see why the knee must continue. Keep your head up high.

- Stay strong brother. It's a game of football. No need for this racism ignore the haters.

- Fan from 'insert other club' just came to say keep your head up you're a young player with a bright future.

Especially the number like the bottom post. Football fans need to come together and rid the game of this rubbish.

Reactions: RVN
I did see he'd been getting abuse it's mad that people get away with this stuff online hiding behind an avatar and fake name the club should reply back to every single one of them on the official account telling them to f*ck off.

He's a young player he needs to play regular football even ideally get him at another PL club next season or if necessary back at a decent championship side or even get up to Scotland for one of the big two just go and play football every week and iron out the problems.

It's harsh to really judge him on one game every month and to be fair he didn't really do anything wrong vs Sheff Utd. Yeah he deflected the ball past De Gea but the anger needs to go towards Telles or Martial or even Pogba who just looked at the bloke standing there and did nothing the only player to react was Bruno.

Reactions: RVN
Man Utd 1-2 Leicester

Played ok not easy coming in to a side with that many changes but think he might be moved on this summer.

Been back at the club for 2 seasons after his impressive loan spell at Villa but he’s not getting much of a chance and you can see why he can be a bit sloppy and over play in certain situations.

Think it’s time he moves on maybe Utd can be clever and do a deal involving a buy back arrangement but this lad needs to go somewhere and play 30-40 games next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back