Augero to Utd?

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
Being linked with a shock move to Utd in a few papers.

I reckon one of the top 5 strikers ever in the PL era, absolute goal machine but this deal would never happen.

Story is from none other than Duncan Castles.

Probably just the papers looking for a headline.

Is it good or bad that the story is from Duncan Castles?

He's pretty widely regarded as being Mourinho's/Mendes mouthpiece in the media so who knows what the reason for this story is.

Last week the same guy said we were interested in Hart if De Gea leaves, so not sure what he's playing at with this story.

Can't see this being true... Well actually no that's not strictly true. Of course we would be interested in Aguero. What team in the world wouldn't be? But there's no way in hell Citeh sell their best striker over the past few years to us.

For sure I can believe that he's going to be moved on but I don't see that being to us. He'll be moved on to another country probably Spain or maybe Germany.

I'm not totally convinced he does move on. City need options up front why sell Aguero? If he's happy to stay and compete for his place then why sell a sure thing.

Thing is with the money these guys earn now the premier league clubs are going to have to start selling to each other if they want top prices.

To be honest if City eye Jesus as their number one man going forward then Aguero isn't going to want a bit part role. Obviously he would still get 35+ games a season but some players want to be the main man. I happen to think he will stay next year but I don't think in the next few years he'll be off to another European club or maybe back to his native Argentina.

One thing for sure is he isn't coming here.

He seems relatively happy at City maybe feels his chance at the true big time is gone he won't break into the front 3's of Barca or Real now, his best bet was probably Barca but they went big for Suarez instead of him off the back of his great season in 2014. Always felt the one thing that maybe kept him out of the very top clubs thinking was the injuries he'd always miss a big chunk of the season with injury, the move back to one of the big 2 in Spain seemed like the logical step for him when he joined City.

If he's happy to stay and compete with Jesus for that number 1 spot then there's little point in moving now, plus I wouldn't totally rule out them playing together in some games. Also, the fact they've got cover might mean he doesn't have to play every minute of every game so he can play the way Pep wants him to by pressing from the front a bit more.

I personally can't wait to see the back of him, I hate seeing City have the best striker in the league and he's been a complete nuisance to Utd in derby matches from the day he joined we've never been able to handle him.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back