Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Are we nearing the end?

Seen a think before saying if Mhki says no then were happy to pay 35m up front, I think either way him to us is pretty much settled just if it includes Mhki or not, rumours he could be in the squad for Burnley.

Read that Mhkitaryan will only go if Arsenal make him their highest paid player.

Read that Mhkitaryan will only go if Arsenal make him their highest paid player.

Yeah but matching his existing contract at Utd probably makes him their highest paid player.

Think their top earners are Ozil, Lacazette & Sanchez who are reported to be on £150k a week which I'm guessing is what Mhiki earns here.

I think he's more likely looking for a pay rise to put him above what Ozil currently earns as the rumours were that both Ozil & Sanchez were offered around £300k a week to renew at Arsenal.

Swear the numbers on this one go up every time I check Twitter, apparently it’s

£35m or Mhiki in a trade
£10m agent fee
£20m signing fee
£13m a year salary after tax which is around £500k a week

None of these numbers are confirmed or have come from a reliable Utd source and may have been inflated for shock value.

I never believe any figures quoted about wages. It's all made up, no one in journalism (especially football journalism which is 90% non factual) would know that.

Yeah was thinking the same, in the last 12 hours it has gone from £270k a week after tax, to £350k, to £450k and now were up to the cool half a million.

By the time he signs he will be on a million quid a week!

I heard Miki is on £140 a week with us. I'm not sure how a guy who is being sold because he is inconsistent and not, and hasn't been, in any kind of form can want higher wages at his next club than their best player. Is he is drugs? IMO he'd be lucky to get parity. I know it's that scumbag Raiola that is pushing all this but still, he has no right to ask for higher wages based on his performances.

I was gonna start a new thread on this but may as well continue on this one:

Where do we all think Sanchez will fit in at Utd?

Is he the answer to rw? Or will JM throw him in on lw which is his favoured position, knowing we already have 2 players vying for that place. Will he be used upfront to rest Lukaku in some games?

I heard Miki is on £140 a week with us. I'm not sure how a guy who is being sold because he is inconsistent and not, and hasn't been, in any kind of form can want higher wages at his next club than their best player. Is he is drugs? IMO he'd be lucky to get parity. I know it's that scumbag Raiola that is pushing all this but still, he has no right to ask for higher wages based on his performances.

Would you join a new company and uplift your life for the same wage you’re on?

If I got asked to leave my job cos I wasn't performing I doubt I'd be looking to go to my next job on higher wages.

Inflation in football is ridiculous every 12 months wages go up because players get new contracts which moves the average up the top players earning more also brings everyone elses expectations up and his agent is a notorious hard man to deal with he always gets a good deal for his players and it's why they remain so loyal to him, apparently he doesn't have contracts with clients it's all done on trust. Arsenal were apparently prepared to offer £300k to Ozil & Sanchez to stay his agent apparently has gone in and said Mhiki will come but he wants the contract you were offering to Sanchez as he is the replacement for him.

Mkhitaryan won't be the one making demands he'll leave that to his agent I'd be amazed if he's even in the room when these talks happen they trust these guys to get deals done for them all it needs is the agent to call him after the negotiation talk him through the offer and get him to accept it.

If I was the agent I'd be driving a hard bargain in this situation they need Mkhitaryan a lot more than he needs them and with that being the case it gives him a very strong hand to exploit.

Seeing as we are ready to bin Miki for Sanchez and Arsenal were desperate to keep him, you have to assume they are not the same class so don't deserve the same wage.

Wenger said this morning the wages are not a problem, I'm pretty sure the hold up is the pay off from united.

Fair point @jsp

Wenger quoted on saying today that they offered Sanchez the maximum they could. He added 'Maybe one day I will come out with the numbers on that.'

I'm not so certain, what's he going to do, if he stays at united the fans are going to really to give it to him if they miss out on Sanchez. So he stays and leaves in the next year or whenever, who is going to some in for him then? a club a s big as Arsenal? this could be his last chance for an elite club willing to pay lets say 150 grand a week. Dortmund aren't going to pay that.

Arsenal came in for him 6 weeks ago by all accounts. So maybe it was them that started the whole process. We just don't know what's happening.

What we do know is Wenger has said it's close and there are no problems with wages. As mentioned above, yesterday I read the problem is the pay off sum.

I was gonna start a new thread on this but may as well continue on this one:

Where do we all think Sanchez will fit in at Utd?

Is he the answer to rw? Or will JM throw him in on lw which is his favoured position, knowing we already have 2 players vying for that place. Will he be used upfront to rest Lukaku in some games?

I think he will play him on the right hand side mate, makes absolutely no sense to spend all this money on a player that will play in a position that is arguably one of our strongest in our side, be pointless, I can see him playing on the right hand side, having freedom to cut inside as Valencia will more often than not provide the width on that side so he can get involved further up field, but can also stay wide and go at players, he made his name as a right winger in Italy and for alot of his time at Barca, was only when he went to Arsenal he started playing as an inside forward on the left.

Martial Lukaku Sanchez as a front free would be frightening.

I'm not so certain, what's he going to do, if he stays at united the fans are going to really to give it to him if they miss out on Sanchez. So he stays and leaves in the next year or whenever, who is going to some in for him then? a club a s big as Arsenal? this could be his last chance for an elite club willing to pay lets say 150 grand a week. Dortmund aren't going to pay that.

Arsenal came in for him 6 weeks ago by all accounts. So maybe it was them that started the whole process. We just don't know what's happening.

What we do know is Wenger has said it's close and there are no problems with wages. As mentioned above, yesterday I read the problem is the pay off sum.

I think he will go to Arsenal after Wengers comments this morning. Sounds like the whole deal with both of them is 90% done. I'm hoping it can be sorted now in time for Sanchez to make his debut at the weekend.

I think he will play him on the right hand side mate, makes absolutely no sense to spend all this money on a player that will play in a position that is arguably one of our strongest in our side, be pointless, I can see him playing on the right hand side, having freedom to cut inside as Valencia will more often than not provide the width on that side so he can get involved further up field, but can also stay wide and go at players, he made his name as a right winger in Italy and for alot of his time at Barca, was only when he went to Arsenal he started playing as an inside forward on the left.

Martial Lukaku Sanchez as a front free would be frightening.

That front 3 would be pretty damn good. Pogba and Matic behind with a new midfielder in the summer and we would be looking well tasty.

Doesn't Sanchez prefer the left? I think Rashford/Martial will get moved to the right, Mata loses out.

I think if he turns Arsenal down Utd will just pay cash for Sanchez I don't think there's any stopping that deal happening Utd would prefer the trade and so would Arsenal because it saves both clubs money and it would seem Utd have a pretty good relationship with Arsenal when it comes to buying and selling players. If he stays and decides to fight for his spot then that's fair enough but it'll be hard for him as Sanchez is another player ahead of him in the pecking order so I think he probably needs to accept the writing is on the wall for him. He might go to Arsenal and be brilliant and people will point fingers at Jose for it but he knows as a manager he has to be ruthless and make decisions on players some will come off and some wont.

Utd fans really don't appreciate the value of our players and neither do the club Mkhitaryan is a £50m player we got him cheap because he run his contract down at Dortmund so they had to sell, since he signed the market has moved a lot so he's still a £50m player. Other clubs are selling off flops at profit Arsenal in the last 6 months have sold Oxlade-Chamberlain & Walcott for £60m, City sold Iheanacho for £24m, Chelsea sold Oscar for £60m when he was surplus to requirements & Matic to us for £40m. Would Utd struggle to sell Mkhitaryan if he stayed yeah we probably would but we'd still get £30m for him off someone because the money in football is mad there's always one club chucking money about last summer it was Milan this summer it might be someone else.

We are lucky that Arsenal clearly want him but given the Sanchez contract situation I think Utd are probably letting Mhiki go cheap.

Doesn't Sanchez prefer the left? I think Rashford/Martial will get moved to the right, Mata loses out.

Think he prefers to play in the centre as the main striker which is what he does for Chile but his early career at Udinese & Barca he played from the right when he came to Arsenal he started on the right but has played most of his games from the left cutting in and last season he played a lot of games as the main centre forward.

I think he's versatile and can play anywhere in teh front 3 my guess is whoever the two wide forwards are they'll be changing sides depending on how the games going. If we play the 3-4-1-2 in big games it may even be Sanchez playing as the second striker or the one in behind.

I think you're right though this is Mata's curtain call my guess is he'll be back to Spain in the summer unless he's happy with a squad player role but if Utd are going to go for Griezmann or Ozil in the summer he's likely to be the guy who's forced out.

The way I see it Utd will play 3 attacking forward players every week it'll be Sanchez & Lukaku nearly every game plus one of Martial/Rashford/Lingard/Mata sometimes if we play the 4-1-4-1 you might get two of them starting but the ones that don't start give us real quality options off the bench.

I think he's versatile and can play anywhere in teh front 3 my guess is whoever the two wide forwards are they'll be changing sides depending on how the games going. If we play the 3-4-1-2 in big games it may even be Sanchez playing as the second striker or the one in behind.

Not sure the changing sides thing will work. It will suit Sanchez but the whole deal with Utd at the minute is we have no right option as Martial and Rashford are way better from the left so Mata has ended up on the right. If either one could actually play on the right we wouldn't be buying Sanchez but the cold fact is neither can. It's a bit like the Peresic drama over the summer, he plays left wing/mid so how would he have fit in with Martial and Rashford? And we would then still then need a right wing/mid again.

My guess is he has been told he will play from the right for the time being and he must be happy to do so, and also he might play as a second striker as you say, leaving us with the right mid problem again.

So no cash just straight player swap? Wages and signing on fee for the player is the deal? Not miki and a transfer fee?

Not sure the changing sides thing will work. It will suit Sanchez but the whole deal with Utd at the minute is we have no right option as Martial and Rashford are way better from the left so Mata has ended up on the right. If either one could actually play on the right we wouldn't be buying Sanchez but the cold fact is neither can. It's a bit like the Peresic drama over the summer, he plays left wing/mid so how would he have fit in with Martial and Rashford? And we would then still then need a right wing/mid again.

My guess is he has been told he will play from the right for the time being and he must be happy to do so, and also he might play as a second striker as you say, leaving us with the right mid problem again.

I wouldn't 100% rule out this being Martial's last season if Utd want to spend big in the summer they'll need to sell big and Martial is potentially someone who could go for £100m + while the relationship with the manager seems fine now there's a part of me that still thinks Mourinho has doubts about him. For Martial/Rashford what they really need to do is start putting pressure on Lukaku for the centre forward spot with Zlatan off in the summer they really need to make themselves a real option as the centre forward.

I think the swapping sides thing is more that it gives us an option in game if it's not working but the way Utd play the wide forwards have freedom to come inside the only rule is when we lose the ball you need to get back to your defensive position so if you decide to drift you need to be prepared to break your neck to get back into shape or the midfield need to spot they you've drifted and look to cover you.

Sanchez as far as I can tell is a right footed player but I think he might play the role a like Mata/Mhiki have played it where the right sided position is where you start off and where you need to defend but you have plenty of freedom to go central when the team have the ball and leave the space for Valencia/Young to provide the width from right back.

So no cash just straight player swap? Wages and signing on fee for the player is the deal? Not miki and a transfer fee?

Yep straight swap no cash.

Club will just pay agents fees and wages/bonuses for the players.

My guess is if the Miki side of it falls apart we will pay the £35m or whatever it is and just get on with it and Miki would stay

Yep straight swap no cash.

Club will just pay agents fees and wages/bonuses for the players.

Nice one thanks for clearing that up. There's so much rubbish going around at the min.

Does anyone else think that this is the type of wages and signing on fee we was planning on spending on griezmann, but his going to go Barcelona now, so we've gone down the plan B route? Not complaining at all because I think Alexis is going to be a hit. Just wonder if someone's like Agent Pogba has said that's not happening no more let's go elsewhere? Because I doubt that deal will resurface again once this is done.

I think Jose will go out and either buy a top RW or a top No. 10, depending on who he signs in the summer will determine where Sanchez will play next season, if he buys Dybala for instance Sanchez will stick to playing wide right but if he goes and buys Bale, then he will move Sanchez in field and play him as a second striker.

For the rest of this season I think he will play wide right, and he does have the option of swapping him with Lingard as both can play 10 and both can play wide right, gives us options.

Nice one thanks for clearing that up. There's so much rubbish going around at the min.

Does anyone else think that this is the type of wages and signing on fee we was planning on spending on griezmann, but his going to go Barcelona now, so we've gone down the plan B route? Not complaining at all because I think Alexis is going to be a hit. Just wonder if someone's like Agent Pogba has said that's not happening no more let's go elsewhere? Because I doubt that deal will resurface again once this is done.

I doubt it if you kind of work it all out very cruedly Utd are paying £30m in signing fees (player and agent) plus £80m in wages over 4 years so £110m if we signed Griezmann you can add on top of that a £100m transfer fee so he'd cost you £210m as he'd be looking for similar wages and his agent will want similar fees.

I think we've given up on Griezmann my honest view is he rejected us in the summer and PR spin was put on it to make everyone look good if he really wanted to be a Utd player he'd have joined us last summer top players who want moves get moves. I think he backed out because he didn't want to move to Utd which is fair enough so I doubt Utd are going back there and I think that's what made us move for Morata/Lukaku last summer.

The Sanchez one is a strange one I think our motivation initially might have just been to test the water and at worst drive the price up for City but it seems like our involvement actually forced City to back out and Utd have taken him from under their nose. Reminds me a lot of the Tevez situation back in 2009 we thought he was tied down and nailed on to stay with us but City came in offered him a slightly better deal and took him. I also think the Mhiki trade (which might have something to do with Arsenal's new scout who came from Dortmund) is much more appealing to Arsenal than a cash deal because even if they get £35m for Sanchez to replace him with similar quality will cost them £100m + even a gamble on a guy like Mahrez will cost you £50-75m now.

The way I see it is Sanchez is replacing Perisic who was the wide man we targetted and didn't manage to sign in the summer I think that deal is totally dead after he signed a new deal to stay with them so we've gone for Alexis instead.

I think Jose will go out and either buy a top RW or a top No. 10, depending on who he signs in the summer will determine where Sanchez will play next season, if he buys Dybala for instance Sanchez will stick to playing wide right but if he goes and buys Bale, then he will move Sanchez in field and play him as a second striker.

For the rest of this season I think he will play wide right, and he does have the option of swapping him with Lingard as both can play 10 and both can play wide right, gives us options.

I wouldn't totally rule out the move for Ronaldo in the summer if he's serious this time as I don't think Madrid will offer him a new deal Utd would love to have him back because of the commercial interests he brings in but I don't think Mourinho would want him.

We could go for Ozil in the summer on a free and we'll probably sell Mata so potentially in terms of transfers we could replace Mata & Mhiki with Ozil & Sanchez and make a profit in transfers. Obviously this profit isn't real because it will all get spent on wages but it potentially frees up money to spend on full backs & midfield reinforcements.

I wouldn't totally rule out the move for Ronaldo in the summer if he's serious this time as I don't think Madrid will offer him a new deal Utd would love to have him back because of the commercial interests he brings in but I don't think Mourinho would want him.

We could go for Ozil in the summer on a free and we'll probably sell Mata so potentially in terms of transfers we could replace Mata & Mhiki with Ozil & Sanchez and make a profit in transfers. Obviously this profit isn't real because it will all get spent on wages but it potentially frees up money to spend on full backs & midfield reinforcements.

Yeah buddy totally agree with this, I think if you can make (as you say a false profit lol) on selling Mata and Mhki and replacing them with Sanchez & Ozil, to be honest that is sensational business. I can see him paying top dollar for a CM (Kross, Saul, Vidal, Jorginho) so he has the option of a three when we play the big boys, Pogba Matic Kroos/Vidal behind Martial Lukaku Sanchez would be ridiculous and then he can have a look at the other areas such as a fullback or two and obviously replacements for Fellani and Carrick, could be a very good January/Summer if the transfer plans go to plan.

Ronaldo, he's great and all, loves united. But surely that ship has sailed. Do we want him with his wages and ego at his age?

Bale wants to come by all accounts but of course his injuries are a problem. I once read the united medical team had reviewed his problems and thought they could solve it. If we get Sanchez I would leave the front line alone assuming we keep Rashford, Lingard and Martial.

I'd be looking at CB, RB and CM.

But if Bale is available I'd get him too. You can't not look at getting a player like that.

Wenger dig at City?

'I wouldn't like to come out on the numbers because that's Man United's problem,' Wenger said. 'I respect Man United because they generate the money they pay to the players with their own resources so you have to respect that.

'After that it's down to them to know how much they want to give to the player. Overall Man United are a club very well managed financially and of course as well on the pitch so that's why I don't have any problems with the money they pay.

'He's 29 years old so the next contract will be, of course, very important for him.

'We did the maximum we could afford to do and one day maybe I will come out on that but today is not the moment.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back