Liverpool Discussion 2023/24

Couldn't find an England related thread so might as well post in here ....

Can somebody please explain to me why 'average Joe' Gomez who only gets a game at Liverpool if Konate, Matip and/or one of their fullbacks is injured. is in the squad having last been in a squad 4 years ago.
That is a strange one, and I can see no reason for it.

Being royally spanked by Atalanta tonight.

Looks like Klopp’s only chance of a leaving trophy is the EPL unless there is a major turn around in the second leg.

0-3 and well beaten.

They've looked out of sorts for weeks, they look like a team who’s run out of steam.

Hadn’t seen this. Just looking at the stats on BBC Sport, Liverpool had 70% possession, 19 v 11 shots, 5 v 7 shorts on target. Goes to show that stats can be meaningless.

Hadn’t seen this. Just looking at the stats on BBC Sport, Liverpool had 70% possession, 19 v 11 shots, 5 v 7 shorts on target. Goes to show that stats can be meaningless.
But they won the xg stat! That's the important one. Followed by shots on target, possession, then goals scored and goals conceded.

Thoroughly deserved, and they were missing quite a few of their best players as well.

Still wouldn't put it past Liverpool to turn this around in the 2nd leg though, simply because during Gasperini's time Atalanta have always been better away from home, than at home, though they have improved their home form in Serie A this season.

Think Liverpool might need to score 5 though!

Liverpool's attacking players just seem to have all gone off the boil, they are still creating chances but the finishing isn't good enough.

Salah had a great chance to make it 1-2 but he needlessly strayed offside.

At the back Liverpool just look a bit all over the place, biggest thing for them is getting their keeper back. I see he's back in training he makes a huge difference to this team as he's the one that bails them out.

I did say it might end up going this way after Klopp announced his departure. For all of his skills, his thinking on this one is bemusing. Why didn't he just tell who needs to know,those being the people above him so they can plan to replace? They wouldn't have all of this next manager talk going on during a title challenge, and most importantly players being uncertain on their future. This smells of this all coming to a head, and he may well have cost himself a very good final season. I think they have no chance of going any further in europe now and that loss may well carry over into the league. It's ruthless at the top, and daft stuff like this costs you dearly. I guess the man is human afterall.

I hope he wins nothing after seeing how he treat the journalist in that recent interview. I wasn't too swayed before that as I know they're enjoying the last of their good fortunes. They cannot replace Klopp, or Salah, and that is going to cause a huge problem as we saw with SAF and a few of our legends.

The short-term future is 100% bad for them.

Always felt they were punching above their weight this season, all these come back victories are not the sign of a good team.

They've clung in there but for weeks now they’ve been doing just enough to get the win.

4 of their last 6 are away from home plus they’re away in Europe midweek.

Liverpool have been excellent, their problem is their forwards have stopped scoring

Pleased Klopps final tour is disappearing rapidly

Palace had an Xg of nearly 2 yesterday.

Yeah Liverpool's forwards have stopped scoring and that's a problem for them but their defence is leaking like a sieve. Haven't only kept 2 clean sheets in 10 games.

Everton 2-0 Liverpool

Klopp loses his last Merseyside derby and the defeat maybe makes it a 2 horse title race.

Love it just need City to wobble now, I dont like Arsenal but I'd take them winning the league over the other two.

I'd take any team over a club that bought its success againt all the rules.

even liverpool (just going to clear the sick up off the floor)

the plaudits city get really winds me up when it is not caveated

I'd take any team over a club that bought its success againt all the rules.

even liverpool (just going to clear the sick up off the floor)

the plaudits city get really winds me up when it is not caveated

Surely that's why one has Servants ;)

Maybe Liverpool's biggest game of the season, and Salah is on the bench.

They're playing badly, and losing. Title dream may be over in 45 mins. Not starting Salah is going to be the focus if they fail to pick up 3 points. Even when he's not in great form he scores goals, so I can't see why he's not playing.

Klipperty and Salah having a touchline row as he‘s about to be put on, ooh all is not well there.:D

About 10 minutes from them being done. 2-2. A point isn't enough.

Edit - ends 2-2. Unlucky Klopp. Cya.

Their lucks run out. Always looked the third best team to me and that’s where they’ll end up.

Salah deserved to be dropped he has been crap since he came back from injury.

Got a lot of work to do in the summer sorting out their defence as well as the attack.

Looked like Klopp said something to him before he was about to go on and Salah reacted to it.

Hasn’t been revealed but Salah walked through the mix zone saying if I speak there will be fire. Klopp played it down after the game.

That sounds like he’s got the right hump about something or he’s just teasing the press.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back