Liverpool Discussion 2023/24

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

They are very good at paying release fees to get deals done early.

I think he’s a good signing, he suits their style and they need reinforcements in midfield.

They are very good at paying release fees to get deals done early.

I think he’s a good signing, he suits their style and they need reinforcements in midfield.
As do we!

Agreed terms with Thuram and Kone as well now apparently. That'll be their midfield sorted. Cheeky bid for Henderson anyone?

Thuram is an odd one for them as they're already pretty sell stacked up top and in wide positions.

Think he’s referring to Khephren Thuram - central midfielder for Nice.

Fair enough I've never heard of either player they're apparently signing, I'm well off the beat in terms of players in Europe these days.

If they've managed to get 3 signings done quickly just shows the benefit of having an settled structure in place at the club. They're identifying targets through the season them closing deals quickly.

If he's coming from Nice surely Sir Jim should be sending him our way if he's actually any good or banging an extra £20m tax on Liverpool.

Fair enough I've never heard of either player they're apparently signing, I'm well off the beat in terms of players in Europe these days.

If they've managed to get 3 signings done quickly just shows the benefit of having an settled structure in place at the club. They're identifying targets through the season them closing deals quickly.

If he's coming from Nice surely Sir Jim should be sending him our way if he's actually any good or banging an extra £20m tax on Liverpool.
Sir Jim seems to have made it far too easy for Liverpool.

Guessing the Liverpool pip United to Bellingham rumour that was around for an unhealthy amount of time was false, as was the Gravenberch agrees to Liverpool move one was.

If he has a buy-out clause and i'd guess he does, there is nothing Sir Jim could do.
There is no buy-out clause for Thuram. They are just acting quickly. Kone is exactly what we need to play alongside Casemiro but we are letting Liverpool have him. Sad

Your fault
You should Always look for talent in Europe.
Pl is not the be all end all in football especialy for young talent.

Your fault
You should Always look for talent in Europe.
Pl is not the be all end all in football especialy for young talent.

100% my fault but I don’t consider it my job to be scouting players from across Europe.

Used to be more in touch when I played Football Manager but I haven’t played that in about 15 years.

There is no buy-out clause for Thuram. They are just acting quickly. Kone is exactly what we need to play alongside Casemiro but we are letting Liverpool have him. Sad

What by agreeing terms? If their agents are doing their jobs properly the two lads might well have agreed terms with half a dozen clubs or more, and the clubs that can agree a fee with the selling club will get a chance to sign them, obviously if there's more than one club the players should get to chose where they go. United might be in for one of them, both of them, or neither. Who knows.

We've agreed terms with Mount apparently, but i'd say it's more likely he stays at Chelsea than comes to United, and Liverpool agreeing terms with the two French lads may well have been in case the Mac Allister deal fell through. Seriously doubt they will sign all three.

What by agreeing terms? If their agents are doing their jobs properly the two lads might well have agreed terms with half a dozen clubs or more, and the clubs that can agree a fee with the selling club will get a chance to sign them, obviously if there's more than one club the players should get to chose where they go. United might be in for one of them, both of them, or neither. Who knows.

We've agreed terms with Mount apparently, but i'd say it's more likely he stays at Chelsea than comes to United, and Liverpool agreeing terms with the two French lads may well have been in case the Mac Allister deal fell through. Seriously doubt they will sign all three.
I'm sure we have not agree term with Thuram and Kone and i'm sure one of them will be a Liverpool player soon. We will still be working on the Mount deal aka new FDJ saga. We are so stupid in transfert window, we always leave it late in the window since SAF left. I don't know why. Still remember the year we got Nani, Anderson and Heargreaves in the begining of the window. That was good Time.

I'm sure we have not agree term with Thuram and Kone and i'm sure one of them will be a Liverpool player soon. We will still be working on the Mount deal aka new FDJ saga. We are so stupid in transfert window, we always leave it late in the window since SAF left. I don't know why. Still remember the year we got Nani, Anderson and Heargreaves in the begining of the window. That was good Time.

If we have an interest in signing either of them we'll have already agreed terms. Was it really a saga we wanted to sign one of the best players in his position in the World, you don't just give up at the first setback, and if Barca had paid him the £17m they owed him he would have come to Old Trafford to play for EtH, i've no doubt about that.

Yeah you remember the Nani and Anderson signings because it was so unexpected, but United often left it until the last minute to clinch deals under SAF, Berbatov was only announced an hour after the transfer window was closed, and he was the only major player we signed that year.

Same as it ever was.

Starting to remould their midfield quite nicely, this lad is full of talent and looks like he’s got the right stuff to succeed in the EPL.

Technically gifted, but he struggled initially in Germany because of the added pace and physicality of the League compared to Austria, well wait till he get's to England!

Born in Székesfehérvár, and it's not often you get to say that, thank f...

Heard a lot about him but never really seen him play, his highlight reels are pretty impressive.

If he can adapt to the speed and physical side of the league he could be a hell of a player as all of the technical stuff is there.

Lost a lot of respect for him to be honest you can be a champion for inclusion then go and take the money from a nation where those you spoke up for would be put in prison for their sexuality.

If the rumours are true his 3 year contract is worth around £100m.

It's really hard not to be cynical when athletes/leagues/companies align themselves with causes, because at the end of the day, money talks. Was this a cause Henderson strongly and passionately believed in? Probably not if he's taking the cash, so why was he championing it in the first place? Image? Looking to monetize it after he was done playing?

Again, cynical, I know, but how else can you read this?

Looks like they are going to start the season with Brighton 22/23 midfield

Managed to find 100m for Caicedo

They have had a strong window, I think they will finish above us easily. It's a shame we couldnt sell players earlier to maybe try and buy better players than the ones we got. We seem to be shopping in the lower step to Arsenal/Liverpool and Chelsea.

He's a good player but £110m is at least £40m too much.

One thing I find odd. The top 3 most expensive signings British signings of all time are all now defensive midfielders.

They have had a strong window, I think they will finish above us easily. It's a shame we couldnt sell players earlier to maybe try and buy better players than the ones we got. We seem to be shopping in the lower step to Arsenal/Liverpool and Chelsea.

Amrabat, Mount or Caicedo is the question you need to ask

Not sure on either of these post.

Chelsea Arsenal and Liverpool have all signed defensive midfielders for £100m plus in the last 6 months. Yet the best defensive midfielder to move in the last 12 months plays for us.

Why would we compare Mount our #8 or Amrabat our to be back up #6 to their #6. The direct comparison is Casemiro and it's Casemiro every time.

If United had paid £110m for a player Brighton paid £4.5m for 2 summers ago the criticism on here would be off the scales.

He's a good player but £110m is at least £40m too much.

One thing I find odd. The top 3 most expensive signings British signings of all time are all now defensive midfielders.

Caicedo is an 8, and Rice is a B2B

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back