Liverpool Discussion 2023/24

@IDFD, I guess we'll know by Christmas who had the best windows.

He's a good player but £110m is at least £40m too much.

One thing I find odd. The top 3 most expensive signings British signings of all time are all now defensive midfielders.
yet 70-80m on Hojlund is ok? I dont understand that.

I agree the money on Caicedo is too much though, but so is the Hojlund money. Although he probably is as good as Rice

Think it just shows you how the market moves once a price is set for a certain type of player then that becomes the price.

£110m is crazy money for a player who's only really had 1 season but he looks a serious talent and if you've got the money you might as well spend it.

Caicedo is an 8, and Rice is a B2B

In the same vein that Casemiro is then? Rice is a lot more defensively sound than he is at going forward and Caciedo is nowhere near as good on the ball as people make out.

For an 8 he's then a poor one. He's a standout defensive midfielder but he got one goal and one assist last season in 38 starts (41 apps) The fella is a defensive midfielder.

@IDFD, I guess we'll know by Christmas who had the best windows.

yet 70-80m on Hojlund is ok? I dont understand that.

I agree the money on Caicedo is too much though, but so is the Hojlund money. Although he probably is as good as Rice

That's what I mean though. We sign a striker for £70m and people moan about the money spent. Liverpool and Arsenal spunk £100m plus on defensive midfielders and they're suddenly great signings. If we'd signed Caciedo it would be the same moaning about why have we spent over the odds and not even gone out and for the proven thing in Rice.

You make a combined 11 and it's Casemiro that's getting in the squad in that position.

I think Caicedo is a great signing for them was really impressed by him whenever I saw him play and he's perfect for the Klopp style of play.

Not sure they've replaced Fabinho as that holding player with the signings he was key for them but Caicedo is a big improvement on Henderson.

I wonder if they might play with more of a 2 protecting the defence going forward and have a third man in midfield who's allowed to get forward.

In the same vein that Casemiro is then? Rice is a lot more defensively sound than he is at going forward and Caciedo is nowhere near as good on the ball as people make out.

For an 8 he's then a poor one. He's a standout defensive midfielder but he got one goal and one assist last season in 38 starts (41 apps) The fella is a defensive midfielder.

Casemiro joined Madrid as an 8 and was converted, same with Caicedo, same with Carrick when he came to United, it happens.

I bow to your superior knowledge.

It's an attention seeking transfer, they didn't need him, and i'm not really sure where he fits in .... pfft, it's their problem

My guess is they'll be going back to the hard working run you off the pitch midfield that won them the league and european cup.

MacAllister and Caicedo replace Henderson and Wijnaldum but there doesn't seem to be a replacement for Fabinho in there and he was the one who made the big difference.

Fabinho has been poor for 18 months, he'd been found out, Real Madrid should've left him at RB!

I don't disagree Fabinho has been a problem for them but you can't deny in that first few years he was brilliant for them and made a huge difference to that side.

Caciedo has turned Liverpool down and will only join Chelsea according to Romano.

That seems crazy.

Have Liverpool just done this to jack the price up on Chelsea?

If they have it is top class trolling.

Will Chelsea return fire and offer £100m for Lavia

Looks like Liverpool will go back grovelling back to Southampton for Lavia.

We should bid for Lavia to totally screw Liverpool over - plus he’s actually a decent prospect so would be very happy.

I wonder how much Southampton will want for Lavia now they've bid £110m for Caicedo.

I wonder how much Southampton will want for Lavia now they've bid £110m for Caicedo.
Well they’ve definitely shown their hand on how much they can spend this summer, so no doubt Southampton will stand firm on whatever they want.

Top top strop from Mo Salah yesterday when he was subbed at Stamford Bridge, guess he fancies what the Saudis are offering after all, that or he misses Jordan Henderson ....

Got another problem now.

The contractor who's building their new stand has just gone into administration.

Got another problem now.

The contractor who's building their new stand has just gone into administration.

I'll finish it!!!!!!!!!

Now where did I put that Nitroglycerin, sure it's around here somewhere ....

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Chelsea preparing their bid right now….

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Chelsea preparing their bid right now….

Kinnell, is he doing the scenic route, Sky said he was travelling at 21:30 last night

You handle the demo and I'll deal with the scrap

Nah, i've already got a buyer ....

steptoe-and-son.jpg

Hope you are not implying the thieving Scouse beep skally beeps would nick anything not nailed down ....

If you leave scrap laying around on any site it’ll find a way of disposing of itself.

Anyone else think VVD is over rated?

Got a Liverpool pal getting upset about my view on him because I wouldn't take him over Varane or martinez

VVD isn't over rated. He was excellent. But his injury ended his career.

I think he should get an extended ban for his attitude towards the ref after his red card.

do we think Salah will go? rumours of a 150m bid.

Nice bit of wedge in their kitty

I don't think they'll sell it is far to late in the day to get a suitable replacement but that would be a very tough figure to turn down for a guy who's in his 30's.

They might agree that he can go next summer and that he needs to give them 1 more season, at that point he's 32 with 1 year left on his deal.

A lot will depend on the player if his head has turned they might just let him go and bank the cash.

Great for the accountants but it would leave a huge hole in their side as he is the guy they rely on for goals.

do we think Salah will go? rumours of a 150m bid.

Nice bit of wedge in their kitty
It would instantly take them out of the title conversation in my opinion. If they were offered mega mega money then they would have to consider but would be a dagger through the heart of their season for me.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back