Callum Wilson for £18m anybody?

Justin Cider

3.3% of all FPL Managers still have him in the squads despite him being injured, and he ain't cheap @ £7.8m, there must be a good reason for that ....

20 appearances this season, 8 goals

Remind me how many appearances Martial has made, and how many goals Rashford has scored??

And, and Wilson scored 18 goals in 31 PL appearances last season

I've even convinced myself now, it he could pass a medical and was available for £15/18m we'd be mad not to make a move, if we've got the money obviously ....

I've even convinced myself now, it he could pass a medical and was available for £15/18m we'd be mad not to make a move, if we've got the money obviously ....
So his price has already decreased to £15m. Wasn't it £18m a few hours ago? Maybe we can get him for a six pack and packet of smokes in a day or so.

So his price has already decreased to £15m. Wasn't it £18m a few hours ago? Maybe we can get him for a six pack and packet of smokes in a day or so.

Neither of us know what Newcastle value him at, but we do know what they valued Trippier at because of the Bayern links, Almiron also, and it's common knowledge they are desperate to bring some money in before the window closes so if any club puts a bid in for Wilson they would offer less than the tabloids £18m the nearer that comes to happening. No more Ed Woodward on the blower saying we'll give you £21m for him, £23m tops, take it or leave it!

I'm sorry, I just wouldn't pay one single penny for him. Far too injury prone, and we are supposed to be a club that has functioning players fit for title challenges, and cup runs. Not players always fighting for fitness. Half the battle is having a fit sqaud of players. I just don't see what use he would be. I honeslty don't even think I'd want him on a free.

I'm sorry, I just wouldn't pay one single penny for him. Far too injury prone, and we are supposed to be a club that has functioning players fit for title challenges, and cup runs. Not players always fighting for fitness. Half the battle is having a fit sqaud of players. I just don't see what use he would be. I honeslty don't even think I'd want him on a free.

That's fair enough, I'd just rather have an extra body, well not a body, you know what I mean ....

EtH "Martial is bloody injured again, where the hell did I put that number for the morgue"

That's fair enough, I'd just rather have an extra body, well not a body, you know what I mean ....
It's probably the same difference!

I get what you're saying, you're just desperate for a striker. Or anything that isn't Martial. I feel the same, we just have to get the right person. This window doesn't look likely for anybody though.

It's probably the same difference!

I get what you're saying, you're just desperate for a striker. Or anything that isn't Martial. I feel the same, we just have to get the right person. This window doesn't look likely for anybody though.

We'd be fine if Rashford would put the team first occasionally, even if it's only once every 3/4 games, my fear is we'll flog Hojlund till the end of the season and he'll pick up an injury that keeps him out of the pre-season and we are still in the same position next year.

And if we have to splash £85-100m on a new striker in the Summer we might as well thank Hojlund for his efforts this season and move him on, and tell him not to be a stranger.

Rasmus is for the future foremost, those expecting him to set the world alight this season are naive. He wasn't bought for this. I think we should sell him under no circumstances, his potential is huge and if he ever does get truly going and banging in a good amount of goals in seasons to come it's money well spent and his price could easily double due to him being young and having time on his side. Yes he's being put under a lot of pressure now, but he's also learning just what is going to be expected and how hard it is to play for us sometimes. Teams come to OT with one attitude usually, to defend and counter, that's the hardest set up to break down, and he's learning what that means right now.

I think we definitely buy a striker of some maturity in the summer, someone who will put the ball in the net now and doesn't require being nurtured.

Rasmus is for the future foremost, those expecting him to set the world alight this season are naive. He wasn't bought for this. I think we should sell him under no circumstances, his potential is huge and if he ever does get truly going and banging in a good amount of goals in seasons to come it's money well spent and his price could easily double due to him being young and having time on his side. Yes he's being put under a lot of pressure now, but he's also learning just what is going to be expected and how hard it is to play for us sometimes. Teams come to OT with one attitude usually, to defend and counter, that's the hardest set up to break down, and he's learning what that means right now.

I think we definitely buy a striker of some maturity in the summer, someone who will put the ball in the net now and doesn't require being nurtured.

I've no worries with Rasmus, I think he's a potential superstar, it's just if we bring somebody else in and he does well we might lose Rasmus mentally, he'll know we will neve play two up top, or rarely, and the Manager and his staff can try and convince him he's the future of the club but that may not be enough. It happens so many times at big clubs for it not to be a worry.

I've no worries with Rasmus, I think he's a potential superstar, it's just if we bring somebody else in and he does well we might lose Rasmus mentally, he'll know we will neve play two up top, or rarely, and the Manager and his staff can try and convince him he's the future of the club but that may not be enough. It happens so many times at big clubs for it not to be a worry.
That shouldn't be a problem, competition for places is very healthy. Fergie had four strikers in our treble winning year. I think we shouldn't want players that want the comfort of a guranteed spot, this breeds complacency and arrogance. It's up to him now to make that place his own.

That shouldn't be a problem, competition for places is very healthy. Fergie had four strikers in our treble winning year. I think we shouldn't want players that want the comfort of a guranteed spot, this breeds complacency and arrogance. It's up to him now to make that place his own.

4 strikers for two position though, and Sheringham and Yorke played more like a 10, and Ole could do a passable job on either wing, and that was in a team used to winning every week, it's slightly different now, but yeah you'd want Hojlund to up his game and fight to get his place back but if his International place is on the line he might think sod this for a game of soldiers and push for a move.

3.3% of all FPL Managers still have him in the squads despite him being injured, and he ain't cheap @ £7.8m, there must be a good reason for that ....
Apart from banging your keyboard what else goes on in your life? well obviously not a lot Iv just looked back in since yesterday and here you are again another pile of meaningless drivel, do your self a favour and get out for some fresh air you are not normal. "soccer" isn't your best subject.

Apart from banging your keyboard what else goes on in your life? well obviously not a lot Iv just looked back in since yesterday and here you are again another pile of meaningless drivel, do your self a favour and get out for some fresh air you are not normal. "soccer" isn't your best subject.

Good morning JR, trust you slept well.

They’ve got to do something at the striker position (I know Ten Hag said they wouldn’t) and they could do a lot worse than Wilson. But he’s a very short term answer and that is what INEOS are trying to move them away from.

Is this now a conspiracy theory? Jesus you need some serious help.

I slept great btw, how do you manage on an hour?

You may well have done, but you got out of the wrong-side of bed again didn't you, you little monster.

Anyho, back on topic, would probably prefer Choupo-Moting over Wilson if we were going short-term(again!) but only because somebody has kindly pointed out Wilson's injury record.

It’s an old image ?wow you look worse than that? no wonder you stay in doors banging that keyboard

Wouldn't say i'm ugly but every time I try an upload a recent mug shot onto my facebook account it's removed instantly and I got a warning that they don't except offensive material.

But enough about me, Wilson yes or no having slept on it?

Wouldn't say i'm ugly but every time I try an upload a recent mug shot onto my facebook account it's removed instantly and I got a warning that they don't except offensive material.

But enough about me, Wilson yes or no having slept on it?
Ha really? I can see it, Eth goes in to see SJR about signing Wilson,
SJR..but we have no money and already have a lot of injury prone players, plus you wanted Onana and Antony and they’ve both been shit, why would we trust you with anymore signings?

ETH…I’ll get my coat.

Ha really? I can see it, Eth goes in to see SJR about signing Wilson,
SJR..but we have no money and already have a lot of injury prone players, plus you wanted Onana and Antony and they’ve both been shit, why would we trust you with anymore signings?

ETH…I’ll get my coat.

Or Sir Jim might say it's only £13m, yeah let's do it.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back