The Assistant and the Elbow

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
What's everyone's take on this one?

To me it looked like he was trying to get Robertson away from him rather than try to hurt him, hard to tell from the video if Robertson touches him first. It looks to me like he does and he's certainly chirping off at him as the assistant walks on to the field so if he has put his hands on him he's within his rights to react.

Standing him down from matches which they conduct a review is sensible but there seems to be this rush to judgement over what he did.

I guess they'll want statements from all the players, coaches and officials who saw the incident along with Robertson and the official.

Think its been massively overblown, pretty certain the assistant is going to know that the world is watching so why do something so stupid (even if he didnt like Robertson)
Robertson has made the first move, the assistant has moved in a way to shrug him off (in his right to do so) and probably not meant to catch Robertson like he did.
He's then started mouthing off and darting round trying to get him in the s**t,
He needs to grow up

To quote Roy Keane, what a big baby.

The assistant was just trying to shield Robertson away from him which was perfectly reasonable. Players shouldn’t be going up to the ref or any of his assistants in an aggressive manner.

Robertson is just very unlikeable and a total weapon.

I think it's a natural reaction to sort of bat someone away when they touch you in a situation where you aren't expecting to be touched it's a reflex.

It was hard to tell if it was aggressive it didn't seem that way but it certainly looked like he touched him which he knows he shouldn't do and he got a reaction from the official.

Looked like he was trying to push Robertson off him, nothing more. Keane's reaction to it was priceless.

Yeah the Roy Keane reaction was brilliant the extra "baby" at the end was comedy perfection.

With a thread title like that jsp must be expecting it to be the subject of some serious investigative journalism :rolleyes: on Panorama or something. ;)

FA confirm no further action to be taken against the official or Robertson.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back