Premier League 2022/23: Man Utd vs Bournemouth ~ Tue 3rd Jan 8pm KO

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
Utd go again on Tuesday night with a great chance to take another 3 points against a struggling Bournemouth side.

Didn’t appear to be any fresh injuries on Saturday and we may see Martinez and Dalot return to the squad for the first time since the World Cup. Sancho is back training with the squad from today apparently but I doubt he will be back in the squad for this game. I guess we may see him in the cup coming cup games.

Line up wise unless there’s injuries or fatigue issues my only change would be Rashford in from the start for Garnacho I still see his role as an impact sub and starting cup games.

DDG

AWB Varane Shaw Malacia

Casemiro Eriksen

Anthony Bruno Rashford

Martial

Would be nice to see a bit more from Anthony he’s had a few pretty average games still works his socks off and doing the defensive work but we need to see a bit more of the final third quality.

I think we'll see Maguire come back in this time for Malacia. With that being the only change from the line up you've selected.

Get another 3 points on the board and move on to the next.

I would be surprised to see Maguire start. Think Martinez coming in for Malacia is more likely if there is a change.

Maguire coming in wouldn’t surprise me.

They’ve got 2 big strikers in Solanke and Moore so they might want that physical presence in the air that Maguire gives us.

I think they’ll hold Martinez back for the Everton game let him dust off the cobwebs in that game, probably still a few days of drying out to do at Carrington.

Would settled for an undeserved scrappy 1-0 win just to keep the momentum going, but we really need a thumping 4/5-0 win, one for the goal-difference that come the season end may well be important, and two for those who are still refusing to accept United may be on a roll.

Think we'll go with the same back-four, and Rashford for Garnacho presuming his alarm goes off, and possibly McTom for Eriksen or Antony.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Two very highly rated former Academy grads on the bench for Bournemouth, be good to see them if they come on.

Sensible to give Varane a rest with the games coming thick and fast. Good to see Martinez back on the bench.

Two World Cup winners can't get in the team, the squad isn't strong enough they said ....

I guess Anthony is injured not many attacking options off the bench tonight.

I did wonder if Varane might get a rest we know he’s pretty fragile.

Doesn’t look good for Pellistri unless he’s injured no Sancho or Anthony and still didn’t make the squad.

Guessing it’s Bruno to the right in the 3 or maybe a total curveball of 2 up top and a diamond in midfield.

Shame about Donny, lad can’t catch a break.

Yep good win level on points with Newcastle with a game in hand.

League games get a bit tougher now but 9 out of 9 over Christmas is just what we needed.

Not the best of performances, especially in the first half where the play was too slow. Gotta be happy with the win.

Only got home after the first goal, so I didn’t see the first stretch where we apparently weren’t that great, but can’t really complain too much with the rest of the match. Is it greedy to say DdG made too many saves after we went 2-0 up, or that we’re too wasteful on the counter and don’t put teams away like we should?

Nice to see Rashford get his goal, and how much it meant to Bruno. They seem to have quite a partnership going.

Nice to see former Red Joe Rothwell get a few minutes at the end, the kid has had his career at the very top level wrecked by injury, and after having a successful spell at Blackburn more than deserved his chance to play in the Premier League though with Bournemouth's current plight it may be short-lived.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back