Patrice Evra

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSNFRMN

According to reports coming out of France, Patrice Evra has put pen to paper on a new 4 year contract.

I'm sure we'll hear more in the morning, or maybe nothing. Lot of United players have reportedly signed new contracts recently. Berba's agent has denied he signed a new one though. Had been rumoured to have signed a £175k a week deal.

I wonder how many of these players are really going to sign a new deal. I've heard about O'Shea, Brown, Carrick, Fletcher, Berba ....

I hope it's true. I'm fed up with these rumors about a "substitute." And with that, the press stops to speculate. Or not.

According to Ian Ladyman, Evra has signed a new contract. The official announcement will be made on Monday.

Will be interesting to see how he plays on Wednesday. We often see players get revitalised after signing new contracts, maybe there's a doubt in their mind about whether they're staying at the club. Evra's not been as good this season as in previous seasons, could be down to not having pre-season though.

Manchester United Official Web Site - Patrice Evra vows to perform better in 2011/12

Love Evra's interviews, so honest and says all the right things. It's been quite evident that he's not hit the heights of previous seasons but without him we lacked a lot down the left, he wasn't helped at times by not having a left winger with him, he was mostly our only attacking threat down the left this season. Saw him improve with Park down the left, both defensively and offensively. A break and a full pre-season will hopefully serve him well.

Next season is a big one for Evra. Repeated defensive mistakes and Fergie will surely lose patience. He needs to put his words into practise. Competition from Fabio may be of benefit.

Good comments jsnfrmn_mufc about a summer break and a full pre-season.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

haha he's a great guy. Also this...
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Looks up for it this season on last night's evidence. The fans deserve it after the torrid last season he had. Hopefully with a proper pre-season and the world cup woes behind him, we can see the real Evra again and he can re-establish himself as the best left-back in the world again.

Evra will miss tomorrow's game against Chile due to injury. He may be out for a while, weeks rather than months.

Interesting , Fabio at Lb and either Smalling or Rafael for sunday i would imagine .

That is a big blow in my opinion, hopefully being overplayed and is more of a precaution due to it only being a friendly.

Hopefully, away at West Brom though will be tough though, might even see Jonny Evans at LB and Smalling at RB to add more in defence and height, not sure what WBA are like height-wise this season.

Poor clearance that led to their opening goal, doesn't get back as quick into position these days. Good job Young has a good pair of legs on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back