Mesut Ozil

Status
Not open for further replies.
About Mesut Ozil or about us signing him?

I think Ozil is a very good player. Will we sign him? No.

Fantastic player. The chances of us signing him are slim. Would he be competing for a spot with Rooney instead of centre midfield? Has he had injury problems this season? He seems to have played a lot less minutes than others in the team.

Yeah I would expect that if he were to ever come to United he would be competing for a forward spot considering we like to play with traditional wingers, couldn't see him being signed as a centre midfielder. That's a reason I doubt we'll sign him. There were rumours we were interested before he went to Madrid but I was sceptical then and think its less likely now as he would command a much higher fee.

Pretty sure he's played the majority of their games, he was sent off in the Super Cup so probably missed a few games because of that. Also might have been rotated with Kaka who wasn't fit for much of last season. I'm fairly certain that he is first choice at Madrid which makes it highly unlikely they'll sell him, absolutely certain they won't in January.

He is a similar player to Shinji. I think you could play him as a RW in a similar fashion to how City play Silva in their 4-4-2. He is the perfect player to play as the most attacking CM in a 4-5-1 because he finds pockets of space behind the Striker fantastically. That said, for the price he will likely cost, I don't see us going after him.

Think Mourinho is more likely to leave than Ozil. He's good player but I'm not sure he's the answer to our midfield problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back