Not open for further replies.
200pxmanchesterunitedfc.png
vs.
150pxnewyorkcosmos77.png

Paul Scholes Testimonial
Friday August 5 2011
Old Trafford
KO: 19:30​

At the rate of which Scholes is doing interviews, he might not have anything left in the tank for his testimonial!

Typical Scholes you know. How do I get the limelight off me at my OWN testimonial, simple...invite Cantona!!

United (from): De Gea, Kuszczak, Lindegaard, Amos; Evra, Jones, Ferdinand, Smalling, Vidic, Fabio, Rafael, Evans; Anderson, Giggs, Park, Carrick, Nani, Scholes, Young, Fletcher, Valencia, Obertan, Gibson, Cleverley, Pogba, Norwood, Morrison; Owen, Berbatov, Rooney, Welbeck, Macheda, Diouf.

Good to see Ravel's name in there. Hopefully i'll get to see him at Llanelli on Monday along with Pogba and Norwood. They might send Fletch and Tony V down for a game too... wishful thinking. Great to see them back in the squad.

Watchin it on MUTV now.

Crikey that's a big crowd at Old Trafford!!...Brilliant!

Quite an entertaining game so far.

2-0 to United. Scholesy scored a cracker from about 15 yards out or so and Rooney's scored a penalty in off the crossbar after Ashley Young was fouled in the box.

Not a bad game. great to see Scholesy go out like that, what a goal. Also nice to see the game finished with the new breed. Pogba looked at home. He bossed Vieira. I reckon we could see him in the first team sooner than expected. Hope he turns out at Llanelli on Monday first though. Cleverley and Welbeck look like they have a great understanding, that can only be a good thing, not only for us but for them too.

Thank You Scholesy! You will not be forgotten. Privileged to say "I saw Paul Scholes at Old Trafford"

All together now-

'Paul Scholes he scores goals'...!!!

Had to laugh when Nicky Butt threw the ball at Scholesy near the sideline.

Comical!

There's been an obvious transition in the age of the squad this summer and that was seen at the end of the game with the oldest outfield player being 23. A lot of old players have gone out and young players have come in, on top of that we've got young lads coming up through the ranks plus a few young lads that have come back from their loan spells.

I wonder what Scholes' role as coach will be, will he work with these young lads and help bring them through maybe? it'll be interesting and i'm sure he'll do a good job whatever he does.

I'm still finding it hard to accept that's the last time we'll see Scholesy.

I got all teary eyed and choked up last night watching this game. I didn't watch it live as I was at the cinema but recorded it and watched it when I got in. What a servant Scholes was for us. It was so nice to watch him smash one in to open the scoring. The Ginger Prince has hung up his boots :(

A United legend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back