Kjetil Haug

Status
Not open for further replies.

se7en

usQTYtLV6dt_tpn2i_neGwm_90IStH5iraEpQU4FmhWQ

Manchester United and City set for transfer battle over the 'new Peter Schmeichel' | Mail Online

Manchester United are set to renew hostilities once more with bitter rivals Manchester City as the two clubs vie for the signing of 15-year-old Norwegian goalkeeper Kjetil Haug.
Haug, who is on the books of Sarpsborg, spent the final week of September on trial with United and Sportsmail understands that youth coaches were excited by the potential of the goalkeeper.

Indeed, Haug made such an impression that he was invited to train with the United Under 18 team before travelling with the squad and watching the 3-1 defeat away to Aston Villa.

Sarpsborg have offer for Kjetil Haug after his recent trial at Manchester United | Football News | Sky Sports

Norwegian side Sarpsborg have confirmed an offer has been made for teenage goalkeeper Kjetil Haug, who recently had a trial at Manchester United.

Haug spent time with the Premier League champions last month, and he has also been linked with the likes of Arsenal, Everton and Manchester City.

Sarpsborg representative Bjoerge Aaiestad did not disclose the identity of the club to have made a bid for the 15-year-old and is also expecting a further offer.

"We have got a serious offer for Kjetil and we have been informed that another offer will come from another club," Aaiestad told Sarpsborg Arbeiderblad.

"What we would like to do is to enter into serious negotiations regarding a transfer of Kjetil.

"Due to respect for the clubs, we do not want to comment on names or whether it is a club Kjetil has visited."

Haug, who has been compared to former United keeper Peter Schmeichel, recently discussed his trial with the Red Devils and his future.

"I talked a lot with Anders Lindegaard," Haug told TV2 in Norway. "He gave me lots of good advice about a possible transfer. It was very interesting and helpful.

"We also had lunch with several other United players and David Moyes. Moyes sat down next to me. It was very fun.

"It was very special to be on trial at United since I am supporter myself. United is in that respect very well received when I decide on my future. But that they are closest to my heart does not mean anything.

"The most important thing is the sporting challenge and the entire package that the club offer me."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back