How many more signings will be made?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was being facetious since that question has already been asked multiple times this summer, there was even a whole thread dedicated to it.

At this point, I'd be quite content with just one more: Van Persie.

Would love to see us sign a left-back, though. Then again...

Fergie: "I think that's us done now - we've spent quite a bit. It's only if one certain player becomes available we'd do anything."

I heard him say he's looking at one position, but nothing is certain, but maybe one more.

Disappointing but unsurprising. Despite our brilliant attacking threat that's been further improved by signing van Persie, i'm still worried about the other end of the pitch. Lack of depth in defence, midfield depth improved I think but only because of youngsters being brought into the first squad; apart from Carrick I don't think we can rely on any of our midfielders to be available for every game. Cleverley and Anderson were both injured for much of last season, Fletcher's illness, Giggs and Scholes need to be managed and can't be played every week, youngsters are youngsters, Jones and Kagawa aren't proper CM's but can do a job when needed. I'm still worried about our midfield.

^ Well, if he's available, and with the right price, then I do hope we sign him. After all, we may go for "one more," right? Either him or a CM. Still confident about the Carrick-Cleverley partnership, though.

I think it's highly unlikely anything else will be done, Henriquez has already been completed bar work permit. Fergie said that we would only go back into the market if one specific player became available, which is presumably Baines.

There's also the £40m net spend comment from the IPO. Kagawa + Powell + van Persie + Henriquez = about £45m spent - Park & others = about £35-40m net spend. Not sure if that £40m figure is fixed though.

Having sold Rodwell, think it's safe to say Everton don't have to sell for even £15m. They'll be looking for more now.

There's also the £40m net spend comment from the IPO. Kagawa + Powell + van Persie + Henriquez = about £45m spent - Park & others = about £35-40m net spend. Not sure if that £40m figure is fixed though.

Having sold Rodwell, think it's safe to say Everton don't have to sell for even £15m. They'll be looking for more now.

£45m is the total fee. Up front we have paid a less. I'm guessing, but reckon we've paid approximately £12m for up front for Kagawa, £2-3m for Powell, £15m for van Persie and £2-3m for Henriquez = approximately £32m up front. Park, De Laet, James, Norwood = approximately £4m-£5m up front. Have we received money for Pogba and Fryers yet? If yes, we have approximately received £6m-£7m. Net spend is approximately £25m. We could feasibly spend another £15m up front on another player.

But going by that we will also have paid some of the staggered fees from other transfer dealings which would be included?

I think the talk of the net spend is a little irrelevant, Fergie made it fairly clear we would only enter the transfer market again if a specific player (who!) became available.

Fryers hasn't gone anywhere yet apparently, it's all gone very quiet there, nothing been said for over a month. Think it was 800k for Pogba.

The £15m upfront for van Persie is debatable, others saying differently. Just Telegraph reporting £15m.

But going by that we will also have paid some of the staggered fees from other transfer dealings which would be included?

I think the talk of the net spend is a little irrelevant, Fergie made it fairly clear we would only enter the transfer market again if a specific player (who!) became available.

Yeah, that's a fair point. It will depend on whether the likes of Young, de Gea, Jones etc have triggered additional payments. £15m is probably at the upper end of what we could pay up front. Between £10m-£15m up front is perhaps a more reasonable range. If we manage to sell Berbatov the figure will also increase.

Can we trust Fergie on transfers? I was convinced by his comments after watching the video of the press conference.

The £15m upfront for van Persie is debatable, others saying differently. Just Telegraph reporting £15m.

I think you're right. I checked the BBC's article from two/three days ago and they claim we paid £22.5m up front. The BBC is generally accurate, so the figure is more than likely correct.

I think there's money available from the quoted £40m net spend figure. Whether we do sign another player is up for debate, but I wouldn't be surprised if the club isn't working hard to bring another player.

Oh course we can't trust Fergie haha but it goes in line with what most journalists are saying, that we'll only move back into the transfer market if Baines becomes available for a reasonable fee. Like Jason said I doubt Everton will be prepared to sell Baines for anything but a ridiculous amount after getting a good fee for Rodwell.

There's been no solid interest reported in a centre midfielder since we were priced out of Modric and it doesn't look like there's any more young talented wide men out there that Fergies interested in so personally I think that's us done for this summer, would love to be proved wrong though.

Yeah, I agree about Baines-Rodwell. I said the same in the Neil Taylor thread.

Exactly the same as what he said at the van Persie press conference, nothing new.

Fergie on transfers: "We definitely won't be buying anyone else. There is no movement about anyone going the other way."

Seems like there's genuine interest in Herrera but also sounds like if he does join it'll be January. Doubt we'll bring anyone else in this window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back