Daniele De Rossi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know really, he's 27 so he is getting into his prime. I would prefer if we signed a lad 21, 22.

Yeah that's why it's good, we've got talented youngsters coming through, buying someone who's ready to come in and start would allow those youngsters more time to develop. There aren't many experienced midfielders out there who are available though. De Rossi or Schweinsteiger would be great for us if they became available.

De Rossi is the 'type' of player we need right now.Not Sneijder.
I'd disagree with that personally.

Give me Sneijder over De Rossi anyday.

Although i wouldn't be dissapointed if De Rossi was a target of ours.

I'd disagree with that personally.

Give me Sneijder over De Rossi anyday.

Although i wouldn't be dissapointed if De Rossi was a target of ours.

I'm saying we don't need Sneijder, because we haven't lacked in creativity. We lack in preventing goals, we've conceded way too many goals cos of a bit of a weak midfield. We need a tackler,a ball winner in midfield. Since loss of Hargreaves, we've been missing that player.

De Rossi has been average for 2-3 years. Poor last season. Sneijder would be far better.

The importance of the type of midfielder is overstated. We need a player that can control play. We've been spoilt with Scholes cos he could do everything. The reason why we conceded so many early on last season was due to a number of factors. No Ferdinand, Carrick and Scholes was unable to get around the park.

Sneijder is starting against AC. Inter are playing with 3 at the back again.

Edit: Wrong thread.

Can we get him? Probably not. But he would definitely solve many CM problems. Orgasmic midfield with De Rossi + Carrick / Scholes (Scholes will only be here for one more season though).

According to Sky Sports, De Rossi's agent has flown to England for talks with City.

Disappointing, had hoped Rodwell going there had ruled that out. De Rossi and Toure is a midfield I would like.

Think they might use De rossi in the back 3 if they get him similar role he had with Italy sitting in front of Lescott & Kompany in the Libero role.

Be surprised if De Rossi does leave Roma in February he signed a new 5 year contract at Roma and I've always seen him a bit like Gerrard he just loves that club and would never leave them. City must be offering big money to tempt Roma to sell if he goes the fans will riot.

If they sign De Rossi what was the point in signing Rodwell but he'd be a fantastic player for them if they do get him he's definitely an upgrade to Barry alongside Yaya in central midfield.

Would be a great signing for them if it goes through although I'm with jsp, would be surprised if he left Roma.

Called a press conference tomorrow to clarify his future. Rumours are he'll confirm he's staying at Roma.

Refreshing loyalty, most players would find it hard to turn down the riches at City.

Taken playing for the club he loves over money and success.

Same as Totti. Lots of clubs wanted to sign and we was apparently one of them a long with the likes of Madrid, but he turned down offers to stay at Roma.

We'll never get him. One of the best players of the world wanted to play for Roma. We won't see dedication like that in a couple of more years.

Why? We've always had that kind of dedication, as long as we continue to produce home grown footballers then I don't see why that would change.

Always rated De Rossi as a footballer and respect him for sticking with Roma. But, I do think he is one that got away, because I reckon he would have shone on the Old Trafford turf in our midfield. Even if he was part of the 7-1 drubbing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back