Brighton Discussion 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperRash

Shout out to Brighton for doing so well this season, flying high in the league with a real chance of getting in Europe. Then they have an FA Cup semi final to look forward to against us.

Their scouting department needs real credit and they have made some big money from selling guys they bought in for little money. We definitely need to hire their scouting team!

Finally they looked to have unearthed a star in Evan Ferguson - a brilliant goal last night and he looks a real top talent in the making.

They are flying this season lost their director of football, manager and some key players in the space of 12 months and you wouldn't even notice.

Estupian has replaced Cucurella
Caceido has replaced Bissouma
Mitouma has replaced Trossard

I think they'll beat us at Wembley they're exactly the sort of team that we'll struggle against very well organised and have multiple attacking threats plus that Gross fella seems to score his entire seasons worth of goals against us.

They remind me a bit of Southampton around 10 years ago where they were nailing the signings and managers but eventually the edge they had disappeared and they couldn't keep going.

You look at their side and you think this summer clubs will be coming for Caceido, MacAllister, Mitouma and Ferguson.

Yeah I swear Gross only scores goals against us!

I think they will struggle to hold onto a couple of their players but they’ve done well so far replacing the outgoings. Can see MacAllister perhaps being the first to go - the others may stick around for another season or two.

Enciso is another one they’ve just brought in who looks like a top young player.

Thing is it's part of the model they know these players will likely stay for 1-2 years so it's a constant challenge of replacing them with new young talent.

MacAllister and Caceido I think will be on a lot of teams radars but they could potentially bag £120-150m for the pair of them.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Be interesting if he's negotiated a get out clause of some sort within the deal.

It’s the right call for him, he needs to continue to develop and think Brighton is the perfect place for him to continue his development. If he has a stellar year next year then clubs will definitely be hovering over him because he’s a talented boy.

If somebody had said to you at the start of the season that Brighton would twice beat United, Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea and score 20+ goals doing so you'd have strongly recommended sectioning.

Hell of an achievement from little ol' Brighton moreso as it was done in such style.

I dunno after they battered us 4-0 last season losing to them twice this season didn’t surprise me.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

If they're open for business on their best players, I predict they'll be fighting relegation next season.

They have a brilliant scouting network and they will already know who will be replacing Mac Allister and Caicedo. I think they willl only let those two players leave.

I think they'll already be preparing for Mac Allister and Caicedo leaving this summer not sure they'll be forced to sell others as they have them under contract. Those two apparently negotiated release clauses in their deals.

They'll be hard to replace as they've basically had a top 4 quality midfield all season as those two would be regulars for any side in this league. Replacing them will be tough as teams will be watching them now and seeing who they go for and looking to jump in front of them.

Would take Caicedo and Ferguson in a heartbeat. Mac Allister not so much - even though he has done brilliantly for them.

It's a bit late now, and he's always been a one-club man but i've oft wondered how good Dunk could've been if he'd moved to a really big club, think the guy is class.

No matter how good your scouting department is, you can't keep unearthing top talent on the cheap. Southampton is a case in point.

Yep been the way going back years but once other sides spot you being clever they copy your idea and use money to muscle you out.

Wenger had his knowledge of the younger French players that he built his best sides around.
Newcastle tapped into the French market picking up quality cheap players like Cabeye and Ben Arfa
Leicester did something similar to find Mahrez and Kante then Tielemens, Fofana and Ndidi.
Southampton were able to benefit from a good group of youngster supplemented with a few shrewd moves for players that clubs weren’t sure on. Van Dijk, Wanyama, Alderwiereld, Tadic and Mane.

Brighton have been great and buying from South America and like a gambler we only here about the winners how many players have come over and flopped?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back