Harry Maguire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Utd have 5 first team CBs on the books in my opinion last summer was the start of a plan to sell 3 of them and bring 2 in.

No that's the thing we don't have 5 first team CBs because 3 of them absolutely aren't good enough and 1 is seemingly always injured.

If they don’t accept £80m then they are idiots. Who knows what will happen in the coming season, he could get injured, his form could fall through the roof and they’d never get £80m again. I think it should seal the deal but you never know.

If it doesn't seal the deal then we should probably move on. I don't really accept that our centre halfs aren't premier league standards, I think they are. What we are short of is a top class one alongside practically any of them. I also think that improves them.i personally would have looked to move Rojo and bailey on but that's just a personal thing.

There’s surely a massive difference between being premiership standard and being United standard?

Spurs And City do. And as a defensive duo Liverpool and Chelsea are better. Stones Laporte are levels above our pairing same with Alderweireld and Vertonghen.

Lindelof is being touted way above his level at the moment let’s see it consistently and Smalling is average.

Currently our CB pairings are no better than what Everton Leicester and Burnley have to offer.

Have you watched stones recently. If he was at United making those mistakes he would be crucified. Less than sure about spurs too, look at the amount of defeats they had. Liverpool are a better unit because of van dijk, ther were appalling before that. Not saying we don't need a centre half just saying don't make everybody else's to be that good.

I watched almost everyone of City’s games in the run in to the title. He made a poor mistake against Holland but it’s not his usual play he’s cut most of that out now. You’ll get mistakes from defenders that are constantly asked to play it short though. Defensively he’s an upgrade on Smalling and his positioning is great for someone his age.

City have the opposite problem to us at the moment in that they’ve only got 3 CB’s. They surely need to pick someone up as back up however reports are that they will look at playing Rodri as a CB.

I hardly remember him playing in the title run in.
Don’t think he really did. It was mostly Kompany and Laporte. I watched most of City’s game in the run in and think he was used occasionally but by no means first choice. Definitely didn’t play against us.

No that's the thing we don't have 5 first team CBs because 3 of them absolutely aren't good enough and 1 is seemingly always injured.

Just dealing in facts mate we have 5 players you have to consider as first team players they might not be the quality we’d like but they are what we have so to change that we need to start moving things around. It’s now 6 if you include Tuenzebe who will likely go out on loan as he can’t play u23 football next season.

I’m not convinced any are good enough Lindelof Improved last season but still not totally convinced by him need to see another season, Bailly is a liability when he is fit and hasn’t improved at all in 3 seasons possible due to injury.

Jones should have been given a free transfer keeping him makes no sense in my opinion due to injury you can’t rely on him for long periods even if he is an alright defender.

Stones did have a poor season last year he’s lost the faith of Pep who benched him in the run in and Southgate apparently may drop him as well. As a defender he’s important roved a lot at City but he still over plays and gets caught out.

Maguire for me is the first part of a rebuild issue is we pay 80m for him next summer it’ll be 100m for Koulibaly or whoever.

Utd have to start building a squad that in 12 months time looks like it can challenge for a title and in 24 months time looks like it can win a title domestically and in CL.

Been left out of the squad for their next friendly tomorrow night following a conversation with Rodgers.

Story is Utd have offered 70m plus 10m add ons Leicester want 90m in total willing to include add ons but want vast majority of the sum guaranteed talks remain on going between the clubs.

Utd probably realise it’s time to get the deal done and I think Leicester realise the players head has been massively turned.

Sounds like it’s getting close, once a player gets his head turned and isn’t in a right place to play then Leicester should sell. £80m is over the top already and now the player wants to go and may not be committed so it’s time to get done.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hiya everybody , its my first text here, im glad we signed maguire and feel he can form a partnership with lindelof, getvrid of lukaku and pogba and get 2 decent midfielders in this week !!!!!

Hiya everybody , its my first text here, im glad we signed maguire and feel he can form a partnership with lindelof, getvrid of lukaku and pogba and get 2 decent midfielders in this week !!!!!

Welcome.

First post and you're not asking for much are you! :p

Don't necessarily agree with who we get rid of but where he is right is if we go into the season with that midfield we are in trouble

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back