Would you sell Rashford sell in the summer?

Yep our midfield and forward options off the bench are an issue.
As you said, that's the reason we can't sell Rashford. He's needed next season 100%, and the people calling for him to be sold don't see what we've just mentioned. They just want to cut throats and move on, before assessing it's damage.

Tricky, because our squad is so light, sell Rashford it's another position to fill, and will you fill it for 75m? probably not

I think if ETH stays sell him, because there is a probem between the two.

If ETH goes, I think a better manager gets more out of Rashford.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Of course it's not a subject other than from the mouths of the clueless. Rashford is an integral part of the team and as I've said before, the haters need to get used to it, and support our star player. Bringing his confidence down with all the attacks helps no one.

Also, to sell him in his peaks years, is even more clueless. I don't understand the thinking. It's clearly very obvious that his best years and seasons are just ahead of him. Let's cash in just when he's about to peak.... it's the exact logic that has put us in the poor position we are in. Bad choices, crippled by more bad choices.

£75m doesn't buy you a replacement, not even close.

Of course it's not a subject other than from the mouths of the clueless. Rashford is an integral part of the team and as I've said before, the haters need to get used to it, and support our star player. Bringing his confidence down with all the attacks helps no one.

Also, to sell him in his peaks years, is even more clueless. I don't understand the thinking. It's clearly very obvious that his best years and seasons are just ahead of him. Let's cash in just when he's about to peak.... it's the exact logic that has put us in the poor position we are in. Bad choices, crippled by more bad choices.

£75m doesn't buy you a replacement, not even close.

We wouldn't need a replacement, if we want somebody to constantly run up blind alleys, pass when he should shoot, shoot when he should pass, and generally flatter to deceive we just get Antony off the bench, and at least he works his tripe off.

We wouldn't need a replacement, if we want somebody to constantly run up blind alleys, pass when he should shoot, shoot when he should pass, and generally flatter to deceive we just get Antony off the bench, and at least he works his tripe off.
Our fans sometimes really don't deserve to have anything. So fickle with no understanding or patience.

Our fans sometimes really don't deserve to have anything. So fickle with no understanding or patience.

I'm loathe to be over-critical of any United player, you may have noticed that, more so if he's come through the system, but sometimes it's best for all concerned if there's a parting of the ways.

I'm loathe to be over-critical of any United player, you may have noticed that, more so if he's come through the system, but sometimes it's best for all concerned if there's a parting of the ways.
This is not one of them.

Watch and remember what you want to throw away/sell.

I don’t think anyone will offer the sort of money we would want to sell him, so think it’s a bit of a moot point.

Would hate to see him go because he is an academy product and he’s done some really great things for us. I do think he needs to sort out his attitude a bit but I think weighing everything up, I would still be in favour of keeping him.

He did the same with Ole too and now ETH. Sometimes good players might not fit a certain style of play a team wants to play. Players need to play for the team and not for themselves

I seriously doubt he wants to leave after the season he's had, whatever the reason. He'll want to put it right next year 100%. He won't be sold.

United looking for offers for most of the squad not just Rashford, Ineos look like they mean business.

United looking for offers for most of the squad not just Rashford, Ineos look like they mean business.
Their preference is for him to stay.

Only Mainoo, Hojlund Garnacho 100% and to some degree Rashford and Dalot, need big offers and for them to want to go, are safe.

That's just to keep the price up, they wont be letting him go cheap but shows that no one is safe and thats how it should be.

I don’t know why at this point the club would prefer to keep him? This has been one of the biggest problems at United, they don’t know when to sell before it’s too late. They need to move on from a player who doesn’t produce often enough. He could be great next year but he’ll be awful the year after.

The reason not to sell is the cost of replacements which has to be a factor.

Currently Utd have the following wide players on the books for the first team. Rashford, Garnacho, Anthony, Sancho, Greenwood Amad and Pellistri. You could potentially add Mount to that list as he's played a lot of games in the wide position for Chelsea.

To me the club absolutely have to sell Sancho, Greenwood and Pellistri this summer. If any more were to leave then you are having to buy a replacement.

I can see why they might decide to stick with him next season but they need to address the cause in the dips in form as it's a huge problem.

The reason not to sell is the cost of replacements which has to be a factor.
But he’s one of the few players that can fetch a good fee? Plus wouldn’t it could as a academy player which really helps with the financial fair play stuff?

But he’s one of the few players that can fetch a good fee? Plus wouldn’t it could as a academy player which really helps with the financial fair play stuff?

Where's he going to go? This is the issue with the fee and wages he's on there's only really a few places for him to go.

Barca, Real Madrid, PSG or Bayern as I don't see him staying in the Premier League.

I don't see either of the Spanish clubs going for him but there's potentially a space for him at the other two clubs.

Even if we'd signed him he'd be long paid off from an FFP point of view after 5 years there's nil on the books for that.

Where's he going to go? This is the issue with the fee and wages he's on there's only really a few places for him to go.
Well that’s a very good and fair question! I’m not sure where he could go and who would even have him. PSG really seems to be the only viable option?

If somebody's willing to pay the money for him I'd say yes but psg probably only team who you could see buying him
Don't think he'll be going anywhere.

Well that’s a very good and fair question! I’m not sure where he could go and who would even have him. PSG really seems to be the only viable option?

Yeah they seem to be going a lot with youth and they signed a guy last summer that can play the Mbappe position.

Barca are apparently very interested in him but they’re skint.

Bayern could be a dark horse seems like they’re a bit uncertain with Gnabry they might have a look but I think they’d see him as competition in the squad rather than a nailed on starter.

The thing is… and I know a lot will disagree but this is how I honestly see it and have for a number of years now… Not many top top clubs are seriously going to go after Rashford because he’s simply not that good. He’s fantastic for stretches but his poor form goes on for far longer.

I don't think we should entertain selling Rashford until a new manager is in. If he cannot get a tune out of him then possibly.

But the whole of our front line has been poor for most of the season, I don't see why he gets singled out.

We pass the ball left to right too much so teams get back, and we do not have skill/players to break teams down once they are back.

He gets singled out because he doesn't work as hard of the ball as the other 2.

He is the most experienced and is on the most money.

We've seen him be good so when isn't good the obvious question is why isn't he as good.

Rashford sees plenty of the ball on the left and my issue with him currently is he's always trying to beat 2 or 3 players and get a shot at goal. It isn't working and he isn't trying to work with his team mates to create chances he's got tunnel vision all the time. He's desperate to score and get out of the rut and I think it's causing him to think a little bit to much of himself and not look for his team mates.

I don't think we should entertain selling Rashford until a new manager is in. If he cannot get a tune out of him then possibly.

But the whole of our front line has been poor for most of the season, I don't see why he gets singled out.

We pass the ball left to right too much so teams get back, and we do not have skill/players to break teams down once they are back.
Yes. I'm of the same thinking. This year has been horrible for most of our players, and it's no different for Rashford.

He deserves at minimum one more season and the backing of the fans.

Makes me sick to see them all have a go at him and just forget about the others. It's been a thing for a while now and I guess some people are so blinded by various things they can't see the forest for the trees.

Yes. I'm of the same thinking. This year has been horrible for most of our players, and it's no different for Rashford.

He deserves at minimum one more season and the backing of the fans.

Makes me sick to see them all have a go at him and just forget about the others. It's been a thing for a while now and I guess some people are so blinded by various things they can't see the forest for the trees.
Because he does this to every manager. He never tries hard enough as other players do. Sure there are much worse players than Rashford talent wise but they try hard and do not give up. He is also very selfish and he tries to beat 3 players all the time and run into trouble and lose possession.

Because he does this to every manager. He never tries hard enough as other players do. Sure there are much worse players than Rashford talent wise but they try hard and do not give up. He is also very selfish and he tries to beat 3 players all the time and run into trouble and lose possession.
I Give up. Tap out.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back