The Sir Jim Ratcliffe Era

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Didn't expect him to last once INEOS took over, always going to bring in there own people.

Difficult to know what he deserves credit for and what he deserves criticism for.

Given he's been in charge of the football side of the club for 5 years you have to say he's been a failure the squad has had a lot of money spent on it and still doesn't look great, some questionable contract extensions have been carried out, the rangnick appointment was a disaster.

The flip side the academy seems to be slowly getting back on track not saying he's responsible for that but it's happened under his watch and the womens team are at least a competitive top flight team now.

Put it this way it'll be interesting to see where he ends up next.

good, lets hope more of the people who have brought the club down to the level it is now at go, including players and coaches.

And, one day, the Glazers

good, lets hope more of the people who have brought the club down to the level it is now at go, including players and coaches.

And, one day, the Glazers

Guess you'd have wanted Eric Harrison kicking out of the club when Alex Ferguson took over then?

Nick Cox is the Man Utd Academy Director. If he keeps his job it would suggest he's probably the man that deserves the credit for the improvement in that department, he took on that role in 2019.

Nick Cox is the Man Utd Academy Director. If he keeps his job it would suggest he's probably the man that deserves the credit for the improvement in that department, he took on that role in 2019.

Yeah but who appointed him, who went the extra mile, literally, to make sure Garnacho, Kambwala et al joined United when they had better offers elsewhere?

Yeah but who appointed him, who went the extra mile, literally, to make sure Garnacho, Kambwala et al joined United when they had better offers elsewhere?

I would be guessing Murtough but Nicky Butt was around at the time Cox came in so couldn't tell you for sure who picked him out for that role. Butt left when Murtough was made football director.

The Murtough plan from memory was one last big splurge on foreign talent before the new post Brexit rules came in. Looks like we found a few gems but he also agreed a big fee for Hannibal which hasn't worked out. I'm sure there were probably a few others like Jurado and Fernandez as well.

To be fair to Murtough I did say the improvement in the academy and womens side in his time in charge shouldn't just be written off.

My guess would be it's the failures of the first team under his overall watch that's cost him his job.

I would be guessing Murtough but Nicky Butt was around at the time Cox came in so couldn't tell you for sure who picked him out for that role. Butt left when Murtough was made football director.

The Murtough plan from memory was one last big splurge on foreign talent before the new post Brexit rules came in. Looks like we found a few gems but he also agreed a big fee for Hannibal which hasn't worked out. I'm sure there were probably a few others like Jurado and Fernandez as well.

To be fair to Murtough I did say the improvement in the academy and womens side in his time in charge shouldn't just be written off.

My guess would be it's the failures of the first team under his overall watch that's cost him his job.

Far too many people were instantly against Murtough when he got the gig ahead of Nicky Butt, and just ignore the great work he's done with the restructuring of the Academy since.

And maybe if Butt had learned to keep his hands down he might have been in the running for Murtough's position, still wasn't a given though,
Butt like Fletcher until recently was in in a newly created position responsible for those mmmm maybes in between the 18s and 21s/23s

Indeed you did

Not sure if I should be concerned at how many with recent history with the Manchester 115ers are arriving ....

The Academy is riddled with 'em

Freak. I'm more out of puff than that after just running up the stairs and he's 10 years older than me.

One of the paper reporting Utd and Newcastle still miles apart on a compensation package for Ashworth.

Starting to look unlikely that he joins Utd before the summer

good stance, we've been over paying for players for years, and we need to put a stop to it.

This is frst step in saying we are no longer a walk over

Ashworth has a phone so he`ll be able to do things, Newcastle are just making themselves look stupid here.

You can't do the job properly on gardening leave.

Not sure how much this will influence the first team stuff but not getting him in place as effectively the head guy will set back the overall rebuild which is why Newcastle are being so disruptive.

I suspect they'll hold firm until the end of the summer then agree a deal that sees him leave in September with Utd paying some compensation.

Of course he can’t do the same on GL but it’s not like it will stop him altogether he’ll be on the phone a lot anyway, heard we are offering £2M and Newc want £15M which is ridiculous for a sporting director.

They paid quite a bit to get him out of Brighton so I suspect they’ll want that plus a bit extra for the disruption.

I reckon once Newcastle get his replacement lined up it’ll get sorted sensibly.

If Newcastle charge us £15m guess how much they’ll be charged for the replacement

Interesting that the new CFO is also a Ratcliffe guy.

Suggests he’s not just running the football side he might be pretty much running the whole show.

As for working from home I’m sure Martial will be gutted. Come on someone had to do the joke.

Suggests he’s not just running the football side he might be pretty much running the whole show.
I think there’s a very very good chance Ineos are going to own United in a few years and that may have been the Glazers plan since allowing Ineos in.

I think there’s a very very good chance Ineos are going to own United in a few years and that may have been the Glazers plan since allowing Ineos in.

I agree my guess is there's a handshake deal for them to buy the rest of the Glazer shares out over the next 3 years, they can't make official because of the other shareholders but I think it's happening.

Also, technically we're not owned by INEOS we're owned by Sir Jim he setup a new company that as far as we know isn't owned by INEOS.

Not really a surprise is it. I'm glad he's here. It does seem like we are about to start doing things again, and I can't wait.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back