Next manager

it's not just the press is my point, it's most fans, pundits, ex players.

Everybody can see the lack of tactical nous and playing style, apart from you :p

I mean even the players were too embarrassed to celebrate

For him to go at the press was pathetic

He didn't go to the press he has to talk to the press before and after every game.

If they're asking him difficult questions he has to give the best answer he can to them. The press conferences these days aren't serious they're theatre. Every manager is out their "cutting a promo" to use a wrestling term trying to big themselves and their players up and spin the narrative back in their favour. They're often like politicians who'll do anything they can to avoid giving the glaringly obvious answer to a question but that's part of the media game and both sides know the score.

I'm sure he knows they're right about certain things but he can't say that so he talks some nonsense to try and distract them and if Utd get a win tonight it probably all gets forgotten quite quickly as the news moves on fast.

I think it was more relief than embarrassment they knew they'd got away with one big time and if they'd lost that game it was on them not the manager in my opinion.

it's not just the press is my point, it's most fans, pundits, ex players.

Everybody can see the lack of tactical nous and playing style, apart from you :p

I mean even the players were too embarrassed to celebrate

For him to go at the press was pathetic

The entitled, the Liverpool mafia and Nev and his chums protecting their legacy, oh right!

I can see what the problems are, probably more than most, but I just don't feel the need to moan about it 24/7, it doesn't help anybody, constructive criticism after a 24hr meltdown fine, but some of the comments are just disturbing .....

Not having that, he was well justified, SAF would have bounced half of those chancers out of the pressers months ago.

I said go at the press. You can't have a go at the press when even the players knew it.

Apologies I misread your post.

On that point it's his job to go out and front up I think some of the nonsense talked in the press was out of order and he's within his right to call it out.

He's a manager under pressure and the press are trying to land punches on him I expect him to throw a few back at them.

He’s under pressure and should be after coming within a whisker of getting beat by Coventry with a var checked offside goal, it goes with the territory when managing a big club,
We should have cruised the last 20 mins at 3 up we were lucky in the end.
Rose tinted? Blindfold and deluded is more accurate.

He’s being battered in the press, he should have a go back at them. The media is brutal when things aren’t going well for a manager.

I would have been more concerned if he didn’t show a bit of fight in his press conferences.

Guess it’s just another stick to beat him with.

I do feel sorry for anybody under the microscope of our media, it's a horrible place to be.

There is a point of no return, and I think they've collectively decided that this is it.

Yeah I fully expect him to get the chop at the end of the season but the comments he gets from the media/online is unnecessary.

He’s not a bad coach by any means but every thing he does is twisted into something negative. The guy cannot win.

Lets not pretend the media were having a go at him, or picking on him. They were reviewing the facts. We all sat and saw it.

He had a go at the media for printing what we all saw. And that's why he looked weak.

He should have said it was awful, we were lucky, and we hope to put it right. No cry about the media being mean because they said it was a pathetic performance. It was a few mm away from being one of the worst FA cup collapses

Yeah I fully expect him to get the chop at the end of the season but the comments he gets from the media/online is unnecessary.

He’s not a bad coach by any means but every thing he does is twisted into something negative. The guy cannot win.
Yeah. The longer I think about it, the more I feel bad for him. It's the hardest job in football, and he's not really had long to get adjusted to it. So I do have a lot of smypathy for him too. As two years isn't that long in football terms, especially acquiring a full sqaud of players you really want.

Lets not pretend the media were having a go at him, or picking on him. They were reviewing the facts. We all sat and saw it.

He had a go at the media for printing what we all saw. And that's why he looked weak.

He should have said it was awful, we were lucky, and we hope to put it right. No cry about the media being mean because they said it was a pathetic performance. It was a few mm away from being one of the worst FA cup collapses
Reviewing the facts? The media called it embarrassing and that wasn’t a fact. It nearly was embarrassing but it was not a pathetic performance. We controlled the game for 70mins, they got one back and the players panicked which is obviously a trait we have. The second goal was a freak and the penalty wasn’t a penalty in a million years. So while how we crumbled was embarrassing, he was always going to say it was an achievement because we are still in a final.

He didn’t look weak in my opinion. He would have looked weak if he sat their meekly and just submitted to the comments.

I think we both have differing opinions of him as a manager. I don’t think he’s perfect by any means but he’s not as bad as he’s being made out to be. I criticise him quite rightly when he deserves it but players seem to get a free ride at times because the manager gets most of the heat.

I totally respect everyone’s opinions but for me when the chips started to hit the floor this season, the manager was picked upon like a pack of hyenas savaging their prey!

If we hadn’t been decimated by injuries this season, we wouldn’t be scrambling around in 7th place for sure. Not an excuse but it is a mitigating factor on why we have been poor.

I honestly don't even think the game was anything to pick apart.... it was a cup game with plenty of 'moments' - I thought it was a great watch and in the end we won. I'm saying that based upon the competition, sometimes this is just what happens. I expect a whole lot more when it comes to the league and being at home etc... but all of this aftermath in a cup game is OTT.

no we didnt, possibly 45
Well I guess that’s matter of opinion. Coventry did change their tactics at half time which gave them a little more attacking threat but we were very comfortable until Simms scored their first.

I think appointing McLaren was a big mistake. He should have got a young British coach who knows not only the PL but the lower leagues too.

I don't think we can really dig into his coaches as none of us know exactly what their role is within the overall structure.

The club didn't allow the Sun, the Mirror or the MEN to ask any questions at todays press conference.

It's just asking them to write more nonsense.

I know SAF did it, but only when he had won a load of stuff.

The club is becoming even more of a circus than normal.

They need to pull the trigger now, put in an interim and move on.

They can't even talk to potential managers all the while ETH is there

It's just asking them to write more nonsense.

I know SAF did it, but only when he had won a load of stuff.

The club is becoming even more of a circus than normal.

They need to pull the trigger now, put in an interim and move on.

They can't even talk to potential managers all the while ETH is there

Not sure about that, if the club has decided to move EtH on they will already have a 'YES' from who they want to bring in.

Maybe, I would think it's difficult to look for a new manager without letting your current one know

You are damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

If they’re writing nonsense clearly designed to stoke a negative image of your club why not clip their wings.

I don’t read any of those papers so can’t say if what’s being written was fair or out of order.

So now he’s saying United are one of the most dynamic and entertaining teams in the league? I mean he’s not wrong but that’s not a defense of your team when they can’t win. He’s completely lost it at this point and I just can’t see how they keep him beyond this season.

"We are one of the most dynamic and entertaining teams in the league at this moment. We are creating loads of chances by playing good football."

This is the most worrying part.

I don't see this good football. Please tell me where it is so I can watch.

Yeah, another weird statement from ETH. He's losing the plot, sounds like he knows he's gone and after failing to show something on the pitch, he's trying with words.

Awful football.

I cannot wait for him to go

"We are one of the most dynamic and entertaining teams in the league at this moment. We are creating loads of chances by playing good football."

This is the most worrying part.

I don't see this good football. Please tell me where it is so I can watch.
I’d agree. I watch United and they are a fun team to watch because they create chances and they concede chances. And there tends to be a lot of goals in their games too. But it’s done via this basketball style of football and I don’t think they play great football. I think they transition quickly and that catches teams out but then they get caught out too.

That comment and recent other ones confirm what`s coming, his time is up he knows it and so does Ineos.

NEXT

I’d agree. I watch United and they are a fun team to watch because they create chances and they concede chances. And there tends to be a lot of goals in their games too. But it’s done via this basketball style of football and I don’t think they play great football. I think they transition quickly and that catches teams out but then they get caught out too.
It's definitely entertaining for a neutral, and really it's what the rest of the league want to see. Manchester United still a royal mess... the laughing stock of the league, with a bad manager, and playing football like a bunch of children. I'm sure it's being lapped up everywhere. We're just the entertainer clowns now.

I think, well I’m really hoping that Ineos have realised that the Man Utd job is far too big for any manager at the moment and it needs a large team of experts in each department. Yes I know Ten Hag has his coaching team but I think it goes well beyond that and a culture reset is needed.

I think Tuchel may be able to have a crack, he has a very strong character. I don't think it would faze him as much as most managers.

Agree I think Tommy Turtle might be given a crack at it.

The next manager will have a far better set up around him….I hope

I'm just ready for a change at this point, had enough of ETH. Even if he was to have all the players available next season I still don't see him being able to do or build anything meaningful. He's already admitted defeat for next season too, which is not what any fan wants to hear. We all know it's a tough trip back to the top, but coming out with that stuff only further hurts his cause. It is possible to have a great season with what we have, with the right management, I don't believe our players are so bad they stand no chance to mount a title challenge.

I think we are actually talking to Tuchel, with him being available soon, we have to be sounding him out. He'd be my pick after Nagelsmann went out of the picture.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back