Loan Watch 2023/24: Donny Van De Beek at Eintracht Frankfurt

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
Not a great start he hasn't been registered for their Europa Conference League squad.

He started the first few games but didn't make much impact and dropped to the bench at the weekend and was an unused sub.

ETH killed this man. There is no two ways about it. He signed him and then didn't even see if he was good enough. I am no fan, never was, but I have to be truthful and tell it like it is. van de Beek was never given an opportunity to show what he could do. Absolute madness of a transfer.

It's the sort of stuff you do on FM.

ETH killed this man. There is no two ways about it. He signed him and then didn't even see if he was good enough. I am no fan, never was, but I have to be truthful and tell it like it is. van de Beek was never given an opportunity to show what he could do. Absolute madness of a transfer.

OGS signed him.

Solskjaer signed him.

Thought it was strange that ETH never bothered with him at all. Makes sense now. TY.

He was a very strange signing in a very strange summer.

He joined 6 months after Utd signed Bruno Fernandes and it was always hard to really see where he fit into the plan.

His price had dropped significantly due to covid, Madrid decided to walk away from a deal they had and Ajax needed cash quick. Utd stepped in and got him for a lot less than Madrid were willing to pay.

Problem was he didn't solve any of the problems in the starting XI and when he couldn't wrestle the starting spot from Bruno who at that point was doing unbelievable numbers

He's had a bad run of luck with injuries but he's going to be difficult to move on, hopefully after a tricky settling in period he'll find his spot at Frankfurt and show what he can do.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Really feel for the lad, it didn’t seem like he was really wanted at the time and then injuries set in. Then there were some underwhelming loan spells where he just couldn’t settle.

Probably the best thing to do is go back to Holland and try and rebuild his career in his homeland.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back