Kobbie Mainoo | Match Discussion Thread 2023/24

Another top performance. He possesses time and composure. I’d love to see him play alongside a Carrick type midfielder - United would dominate possession and control games against most teams.

He was excellent, a couple of lovely through balls. He's the most exciting thing about united at the mo and should start every game.

That little turn which got him a foul was class.

The through ball to Garnacho could have brought an assist if there was a little more composure in front of goal.

It was a quietly impressive performance.

Youngest United midfielder to ever start a game for Manchester United at Anfield apparently.

Would have thought that was Nutty Norman but what do I know.

Anyho,, Southgate must call him up asap to the England squad, or they will lose him.

Sure Gareth is weighing up that option as we speak. Although he has played for the England youth teams but you never know how strong their allegiance to another country is, so he could choose Ghana.

England do need to tie him up because - and I hate to hype players up - he will win the Ballon d’or one day. Fighting for the trophy with Hojlund probably.

Think it's important they keep this lads feet on the ground and don't become to reliant on him to soon.

Be interesting to see if they play him alongside Casemiro once he's fit as in pre season that looked like the plan for this season but we are yet to see them on the pitch together.

He's our best midfielder and therefore needs to start every game

He is a kid and therefore needs to be looked after to make sure he isn't burnt out chasing short term success.

There's still opportunity for him to play a lot of games in the run in but they need to be sensible with him like they were with Garnacho last season and think long term.

Funny, you don't have the same attitude towards Hojlund. Who you also called a kid.

Remind me, what age did Bellingham start to excel at Dortmund?

He's 18, not a kid in law, he's our best player, and should play in my book, at least while Casemiro and Eriksen are out.

I do have the same attitude with Hojlund he should not be getting run into the ground and it's why he's often subbed off after an hour must to the frustration of some of our fans. There should be a senior striker taking the burden but our senior striker can't play 90 minutes of football or 2 games a week so we are having to over play a kid.

Remind me which league Dortmund play in? The Premier League is a much higher standard than the Bundesliga.

Also, it may be that Bellingham is a bit of a freak some players are fit and ready to play senior football at 16 like he was others aren't. Mainoo has spent half the season out injured all I'm saying is lets not chuck him in for 90 minutes every 3/4 days if he isn't ready for it, they need to give him regular breaks.

I think what you’ve got to say is he looks good and he looks composed. But he’s also not doing anything that looks unsustainable. It isn’t like a Macheda or Januzaj. The skills he has are about composure and calmness and that’s sustainable.

Bad error for the goal but again a good performance. Looks like our only midfielders with any sort of composure and I include Bruno in that statement.

Bad error for the goal but again a good performance. Looks like our only midfielders with any sort of composure and I include Bruno in that statement.
He made a mistake and he will make more, but he is our best midfielder.

Won't see the best of him till he plays further forward, he's wasted playing deeper though he can do a passable job there.

Good performance. His composure in possession is fantastic. Think he won 7/7 tackles. He or Garnacho should have named man of the match.

Played well, still like to see him playing further forward. Let him use his magic feet in and around the box.

Just a naturally gifted footballer. Superb finish today and overall good performance.

Murphy said it on commentary but his progression is going to save us a lot of money.

There was a moment second half where they'd swarmed around him close to his own goal and the crowd was up a bit and he just dropped a shoulder and turned out of trouble. It was a moment of pure class.

Took his goal really well.

I think Utd should not be relying on this kid to be the real deal with their plans going forward, he needs to be surrounded by quality players and challenged to rise to that level and beyond over the next 5 years as he develops.

2 in 2

Showed an incredibly cool head late in the game to take the points.

His goal was top class but I do not think he had a great game apart from that goal. The game was bypassing him too much especially. Tactically ETH maybe to blame for him leaving Cas so much alone.

His goal was top class but I do not think he had a great game apart from that goal. The game was bypassing him too much especially. Tactically ETH maybe to blame for him leaving Cas so much alone.

And people think i'm on a wind-up, feck me sideways.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back