Chelsea Discussion 2023/24

4-4 at Stamford Bridge! Some game! Poch is starting to put his stamp on this Chelsea team.

Ex city boy with the last minute equaliser too

Poch does seem to be getting somewhere with that lot

Palmer has been a great signing still a bit greedy needs to get his head up and pass but so much talent.

Sterling looking back to his best.

Nkunku back soon will be interesting to see what impact he has on the team.

Big win last night sees them into a cup final in Poch's first season.

Like us they're miles off it in the league no realistic chance of champions league qualification the Chelsea fans I know still don't really know what to make of this team.

Big boost for them last night was the return of Chilwell he makes a massive difference for them but he's never fit.

4-2 loss to Wolves at home and huge boos at the final whistle. Going to be huge pressure on Poch now.

4-2 loss to Wolves at home and huge boos at the final whistle. Going to be huge pressure on Poch now.
He hasn't lost to a bad side though IMO. Wolves have been playing some good stuff this year particularly going forward. Not that embarrassing tbf.

How do you spend that much money and still have a squad that looks so poor with so many gaps.

I think they need to stick with Poch but they have got to sort that defence out in the summer.

Bring in De Zerbi? I think they bought in a load of people from Brighton.

Thing is surely no European football means they are going to have a really small budget this summer unless they sell loads of players.

Maybe get Jose back.

They look miles away from challenging the only bright spark in that squad is Palmer.

Palmer with a goal and an assist.

He has carried them this season.

Romeo Lavia ruled out for rest of the season.

In his first season at Chelsea he will play 32 minutes.

Hard to argue against him being number 1.

No one really seemed to fancy it when they paid that money for him but the return in a struggling side is unreal.

Chelsea proving that you throw enough crap at a wall, some of it will stick! They’ve spent a lot of money on what are looking pretty mediocre players but they’ve got it right in Palmer.

He looks a snip at what they paid from him at the moment. His style of play is what we really lack in our squad. He’s got great technical ability and it’s getting better and better.

Got to be number one for signings of the summer without doubt.

Wasn't overly impressed with him in City's academy, mind they had so many good players at the time.

Got to be with England in the Summer now, probably at the expense of City's first £100,000,000 man, you gotta laff.

Palmer is a great player very intelligent heard he`s a United fan not sure its true.
I said we would have to keep him quiet when we played him, we didn't and he got the winner.

When he got chances in their first team he always seemed to take them he just sniffs out goals.

I reckon next season he might play more as a number 10 to give him that freedom rather than being off the wing.

His first goal last night was an absolute beauty.

Palmer looks to be a really special talent. To the point where it may even be a mistake for Pep to have let him go. I know City have a lot of talent but players like Silva and De Bruyne are going to need replacing in the not too distant future.

I doubt City are that bothered they could always try and lure him back if he continues performing at this level next season.

Think that incident showed how tough the Chelsea job is right now with all these new players there's no real established leadership in that dressing room.

Players arguing over who will take a penalty is proper kids stuff and it must really annoy a manager especially when he's told everyone before the game that Palmer is the penalty taker.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back