Bruno Fernandes | Match Discussion Thread 2023/24

Its infuriating we start a counter attack, someone passes the ball to Rashford and he thinks he`s mint by putting his foot on the ball and stands still which allows the oppositions defence to re organise and we lose all momentum.
Exactly and it happens all the time. Look at how many times he tries to make a shot with his right foot and they close everything down and our players in the box gets marked out and the space goes away. ETH does not seem to see it or care about it. Once or twice I would understand what it happens all the time.

And to think a significant % of our fans want him gone, deary me, 142 goal involvements(G/A), and counting, since he joined the club .....

And to think a significant % of our fans want him gone, deary me, 142 goal involvements(G/A), and counting, since he joined the club .....
good on him for turning up against botton of the league Sheffield United

but yes, he did play really well last night

His form dipped during the season and he was playing poorly but in the last few months we've seen more of the good Bruno than the bad Bruno.

Cracking strike on his weaker foot, you can see his confidence in his long range shooting returning and it's good to see.

He’s a brilliant player on his day but over the last season or two we haven’t seen the very best of him. The last few weeks though he has pulled us through like a captain should when the chips are down.

He will always have that moany streak to him and in the bad times that looks really bad on him personally. I think he does get frustrated with the players around him and rightly so.

Put him in a better functioning team and he will be dynamite again.

That was a worldie. And so was his hook for the Rasmus goal. Not many of our players would do that. I get angry when I saw other teams work their socks off for their team mates while some of our players are too selfish.

Put Bruno in that Liverpool team when Salah, Firmino and Mane were doing their thing a few years back and he would've smashed all Premier League records for G/A in a season for a midfielder ...

Still got a staggering record though.

Bruno needs a decent CM and back 4 to let him get away with what he does.

It’s a bit of a chicken and egg argument.

If he had better players around him in more of a structure would he play a more disciplined role or is he just always going to try and do everything? We may never know.

When he plays for Portugal he seems to play more of a team role as he probably doesn’t feel the need to do everything.

It’s a bit of a chicken and egg argument.

If he had better players around him in more of a structure would he play a more disciplined role or is he just always going to try and do everything? We may never know.

When he plays for Portugal he seems to play more of a team role as he probably doesn’t feel the need to do everything.
I do not think most of our players have a footballing brain. Obviously a few like Casemiro, Eriksen do but a lot of them do not seem to think about the game while it is going on. ETH was screaming at the end at Garnacho to come into the middle against Liverpool as so much space was there and it was the last minute of ET. But it also to the manager to teach them. I remember a Cruijff interview where he said that you teach players what they do not know.

He told you that you were playing badly because you were running too much. You had to send the ball where you wanted it to go and not to run after it. Lionel Messi is the player who runs the least and in that he was Cruyff's best pupil. He told you completely the opposite to what you had always learned.”

This is where I think Bruno has a major problem.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back