Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I can definitely see him playing a season over here!

But who for? Any of the big 4 teams plus Liverpool probably even makes sense... All teams would love a quality player like Ibra in their team.

For us he'd provide a proven and experienced goalscorer who can really add a lot to the squad. But I can see him really helping Arsenal kick on for a season!

And then if we are both interested then you know Chelsea will be. I guess the question mark is over City! Would Pep want him? He isn't the kind of player who's going to put in a shift of closing down which Pop wants from pretty much all his players. But can I see City letting their rivals sign a player of such quality? No I can't see them letting that happen easily either...

Ibrahimovic: "For the moment I will not be at PSG next season. I still have a month & a half here."

So would people like him at the club? I think he would be a great signing with his quality and experience!

I am undecided. The Premier League at 35 is my main concern.

The age thing is definitely a concern... But to give the team that quality and experience is a huge upside? It's probably only for a year maybe two at most and it's not like he's a player who relies on his pace which could suddenly go.

The importance of experience is overplayed, I think. Experience will count for little if he is unable to perform to the necessary standard, it could have a negative influence.

Completely agree... And his personality could definitely cause problems in the squad. But his ability makes it a risk that right now may be worth it.

Ibrahimovic will be offered €75m per season by the Chinese government, according to La Repubblica. I can't remember off the top of my head whether La Repubblica is reliable.

Jesus! If this is true China really are serious about becoming major players on the world scene! That's a hell of a lot of money to offer an ageing player who though is brilliant is probably not top 10 in the world.

Translation: "Ibrahimovic rejected an offer of 75 million a year from China. He wants to go to United, archrival of the City".

His free kick for PSG tonight... yeah i'll take some of that at United.

I can well believe that! The two don't get on and I doubt many top players would want to join the club with LVG still in charge. They would join knowing we'll play awful football, probably play them out of position, have no enjoyment to our game and still fall outside of the top 4!

Mourinho at United would be a big draw for players this summer even without CL football. No CL football and Van Gaal would potentially be a disaster for our transfer plans.

No CL football and LVG would truly ruin any hopes we've got of having a big summer. I can't see why any quality player or even any youngsters would want to join us with him in charge? OK he's given youth a chance but not through choice! And even then in some cases he's ruining them or not playing to their strengths.

I'd be surprised if he was off to LA already? He is still playing well and scoring lots of goals plus I thought he wanted to come to England? Maybe he's edging his bets until LVG is either sacked or definitely staying? But I'd think he'd want to do a season or two in England and then go to America or China.

Not sure we were ever in for him. Must be his agent trying to get him a wage hike by manufacturing interest in him.

I think he wants a crack in England, he has done Italy, Spain and France, and barring Germany, England is the next option. Can't see him wanting to go to USA or China yet, he doesn't seem like the type to go off quietly into the sunset. If Mourinho comes in, I think he will come, if LVG stays then who knows.

If LVG stays there's no way he joins. He's said that himself recently. But if Jose does come in then who knows. I think he'd love to come in and think of himself as the saviour of Old Trafford. That would give him such an ego trip. But if LA are paying the money then maybe he'll be tempted. I know the lifestyle out there would be much much nicer.

Translation: Manchester United has sent an offer of a season plus another optional.

Apparently this is incorrect and has now been denied by his agent. He's already said himself he'd love to come to United but only if LVG is gone. Well that's not yet the case so I can't believe he's signed a deal. Unless we've told him that LVG is gone? But then I don't know why we'd tell a prospective signing that without officially announcing it?

Every goal this season.

Reports in Sweden suggest he could join as Player-Assistant Manager. Reports elsewhere suggest he's going to Al-Sadd to link up with Xavi.

Well... With LVG set to be out of the picture that's one problem gone! And I guess with Jose coming in then Giggs will be on his way out so maybe it's true... Though I'm not sure Jose would want him as player and assistant manager. He's got his own team of backroom staff I'm sure.

Ibrahimovic:

"It's a great move. You want action you get Mourinho," he said.

"I believe he is the man to bring them back to the top, yes. Wherever he went he won."

"I had a fantastic time with him so working again with him, when I left Inter with him I said we had a short time together.

"If we will work again I don't know, let's see how it works out. I don't give guarantees.

"I said there are concrete offers from the Premier league, let's see what happens.

"I'm only warming up. I had a fantastic season and proved age is just a number. If I want to make it, I'll make it.

"I have spoken with him every day since I left Inter. I have a great relationship with Mourinho. We are in contact and we have been talking for many years.

"Let's see what happens."

This is so on. Jose and Ibra next season, arrogance in abundance, it's gonna be incredible.

As I've said elsewhere, I think we need a character like Ibra. He seems a winner, a leader and will be box office. We are currently seriously lacking in all 3 facets. In fairness in modern day football not many players are winners - money is the main motivation... But in spite of Zlatan's wealth he seems hugely motivated to win. Again as I've mentioned before,his autobiography is a good insight into his mind set in that sense - every club he joined, except for Barca, he seemed to be the leader and the driving force behind league victories pushing everyone else on. His book was written prior to him joining PSG but he certainly seemed the leader there also among all the other superstars.

As a player I'm not sure he's the pacey, mobile striker we probably crave.. However I still feel he would score a lot of goals and his contribution overall on and off the pitch would make him a very worthwhile addition.

I don't think he's lack of pace would actually be an issue though. I know it's what we've been craving but actually you can surround him with pace. Get Rashford in there with him maybe? Certainly Martial and I'd expect at least one pacey winger to come in.

His ability on the ball, his all around game and vision combined with his eye for goal is just too good to miss! Players like Ibra rarely are available and almost never as free agents!

His box office personality mixed with his ability to deliver on the pitch would be absolutely huge for this team.

Of course a lot depends on what Jose plans on doing with Rooney? Rooney behind Ibra would be a disaster so that needs to be carefully considered.

If this is true... Cracking signing because he is exactly what we need.

OK I love the idea of us signing Lukaku but that would hamper the progress of Rashford and non of us want to see that.

At 36 he won't be able to play in the Premier League week in and week out I don't imagine so it means Rashford will get lots of chances. Plus you could even in some games play the two together.

I know he's not pacey but his creativity is brilliant and he's a finisher. Plus he brings that real wow factor and fear factor back to the club.

Well done Jose, great first addition for many reasons.

At 34 (35 in October) it's a short term signing but shows faith in Rashford and Martial, both could play alongside him next season in a front 3 and learn a great deal from him.

Lacks pace but never had it to begin with, never had to rely on it, never part of his game where it was for Falcao for example. To me, still looks in great physical shape, strong player which along with his ability to hold the ball up will help him in the Prem. He can provide a focal point we've lacked upfront for so long. If we're to play on the counter, he'll be very useful at holding the ball up while Martial/Rashford/whoever join the attack or make runs beyond him when he can then use his passing skills to play them in.

Certainly brings a winning mentality and the "swagger" we lack, can imagine him doing the celebration Eric did after that goal v Sunderland. He's got that sort of aura around him. If he's even half as influential as Eric i'll be happy.

Yep completely agree with you. There are so many ways we can use him with Martial and Rashford in the team at the same time.

Could go 4-3-3 with Rooney dropping in to a midfield 3. Could go with Rooney, Rashford and Martial playing behind Ibra. But there's also the opportunity to give us real strength in depth on the bench.

He's not quick but as you say he doesn't need to be because he can use the pace of the others around him. But he can also play as a big man up front to hold the ball up and bring others in to play.

And of course there's not going to be a dull moment with him around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back