Status
Not open for further replies.
Who was the last player to score a hat trick for us? I'm thinking Van Persie v Olympiakos in the CL! Surely someone else since?

Rooney v Brugge?

Thought overall he played well tonight but I didn't like his celebration after the first goal. I know it's a silly thing to pick on but I didn't like his arrogance after that particular goal. Look that's the kind of guy he is and we love that... But it wasn't meant and so you don't throw your arms up like you've just produced a moment of genius.

I thought his general play was poor. It has been highly inconsistent for a while, but he's scoring goals, which is the most important thing.

Rooney v Brugge?

I thought his general play was poor. It has been highly inconsistent for a while, but he's scoring goals, which is the most important thing.

See I thought his hold up play was actually pretty good based on what I've seen from him this year. Now to be fair the standard is pretty low as to be honest he's really not played at all well. But as you rightly point out he's scoring goals so nobody cares a great deal.

I thought about Rooney but couldn't place where his hat trick came from.

FA Cup: Blackburn 1-2 Manchester United - 19th February 2017

Top finish.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

He had so much time to finish. He looked at the linesman twice before slotting it home. It was a cool finish.

League Cup Final: Manchester United 3-2 Southampton - 26th February 2017

Wow.

League Cup Final: Manchester United 3-2 Southampton - 26th February 2017

Wow.

Wow is the perfect word to describe the performance tonight. He is a big game player. He dragged the team out of the hole we had dug for ourselves. Leader and Legend.

You run out of superlatives for the guy really, he was written off before this season as 'he can't cut it in the EPL' but he has been awesome.

His free kick was superb and he was never ever gonna miss that header. A massive player for us and has been a stunning signify. FOR FREE!!

People will talk about the goals and that's fair enough but he worked his bollocks off today and you could see at the end how tired he was. There's a reason he's won so many trophies in his career. Outstanding.

People will talk about the goals and that's fair enough but he worked his bollocks off today and you could see at the end how tired he was. There's a reason he's won so many trophies in his career. Outstanding.

He showed his experience, he showed his drive and he showed his leadership skills today. And to have that drive and that energy at this point in his career when many would be in China or the US is such a testament to him!

Premier League: Manchester United 1-1 Bournemouth - 4th March 2017

Lucky not to be sent off. Hopefully the incident will fire him up for the second half.

Europa League: FC Rostov 1-1 Manchester United - 9th March 2017

Top assist.

Premier League: Manchester United 1-1 Everton - 4th April 2017

That chance early on has to be taken by a Utd striker you can't let the defender recover

I was more for bringing a goalscoring wide player like Griezmann in until recently. I'd really prefer a new centre forward now though, someone who can not only score but also bring those around him into the attack. Someone who attacks the 6 yard box, that has been particularly obvious in the last 2 games. Saturday it was Lingard playing a ball across the 6 yard box with no one attacking it and tonight it was Young. We need a penalty box striker.

He wasn't the problem today. He missed one decent chance the massive problem was the lack of support he had is there a point to Fellaini and Ibra playing next to eachother? What does Fellaini offer that Ibra doesn't?

Also can we stop with this crossing the ball form 40 yards out rubbish

Yeah the Fellaini selection was not great for me, him and Ibra are pretty immobile in terms of pace so there was no outball apart from into feet. To be honest I would have preferred someone else in the number 10 role and someone like TFM in midfield. At least he is mobile and I am baffled why he hasn't been given a chance there. I know Jose isn't great in giving young players a chance but it was worth a shot in one of our recent games.

His constant waving of the arms when he did not get the ball really annoyed me. That is not helping other players confidence.

I think he was clearly frustrated by the quality of the service last night we put in 1 good cross for him all night which he scored but was flagged offside he did however have a great chance to get one vs one with the keeper but he took way to long and allowed the defender to recover you could say he might have been a bit rusty as he hasn't played in over 3 weeks. He also had the chance to put Rashford in but delayed his pass which meant Rashford ran offside and his other chance it's unclear if Williams got a touch just before it reached Zlatan the cameras never really confirmed what happened if Williams didn't get a touch he'll be annoyed he missed the target.

It was basically Zlatan & Fellaini up top last night and it was painful to watch as our wide men and midfielders just pumped in crosses from deep that he had no real chance of doing anything with we had no number 10 to play through so just resorted to pumping it in from distance.

There was absolutely no need for Fellaini from the start last night Carrick and Herrera in midfield then just start Mkhitaryan out wide right and move Lingard central off Zlatan when Carrick needed to come off you had the choice of Fellaini or Pogba on the bench depending on how the game was going. I think with better movement around Zlatan last night we'd of made much better chances as it was obvious at the weekend and in other games this season that the Everton defence can't handle quick movement Liverpool, Spurs & Chelsea all ripped them apart when they played them at home we played right into their hands.

Good job Zlatan tucked that penalty away though he missed his last one in similar circumstances although by that point I don't think anyone really cared if he missed 1 point was about as good as 0 in that game.

I'm sorry JSP, but he had 4 great chances last night there was an absolute quality cross whipped in from the right that he got his head on and put wide, that I'd have fancied myself scoring and another quality cross he failed to make contact with and we were reminded by Fellaini how clumsy he is as it went through his legs. As well as the early one on one he hesitated on when he should have buried it with his right foot for the money he's on.

He has exceeded my expectations and has been successful, but I'm unsure on the degree of success. 16 league goals in 26 appearances is a good return, but considering the attack is geared towards him, he plays every minute and the number of guilt edged chances missed, it's not exceptional.

Lukaku 21 goals in 2636 minutes (125 minutes per goal)
Kane 19 in 1887 minutes (99 minutes per goal)
Sanchez 18 in 2355 minutes (130 minutes per goal)
Costa 17 in 2392 minutes (140 minutes per goal)
Ibrahimovic 16 goals in 2340 minutes (146 minutes per goal)
Aguero 14 goals in 1783 minutes (127 minutes per goal)
Defoe 14 goals in 2692 (192 minutes per goal)

It's not the minutes per goal that's a problem it's the goals per chances. Not just with him but with our entire side

C8md60CXsAA167A.jpg:large

The only bright spot to that is at least we are making chances to miss. We need a zlatan replacement to score at least as many goals and another who gets fairly close to it.

As SB said, attack is geared towards him. Others need to do more too but Ibra is the main man and ultimately he takes the blame for our goalscoring problems. If we're going depend on one player this much, we need someone who is a lot more reliable in front of goal. We're talking 30+ goals a season. If goals could be more spread out, we have a number of players who could be capable of 15 or more a season, they've all proven they can either with us or with another club.

Ibra has 27 goals that's pretty ridiculous for a guy who's 35 and if he'd taken half the big chances he's missed he'd be on 35 which is crazy numbers and those 19 big chances missed are just in the league.

I'd be interested to see how many chances others are missing do they even get chances to miss because everything is setup for Ibra?

It's the lack of play between attackers that's as big a worry no one seems to be able to link up with Zlatan playing one two's or drawing defenders away with clever runs to open space the only one who seems to be on a wavelength is Pogba he's probably created most of those chances Zlatan has missed

Premier League: Sunderland 0-2 Manchester United - 9th April 2017

Great goal.

Europa League: Anderlecht 1-1 Manchester United - 13th April 2017

He was sloppy. We've seen similar performances throughout the season where a goal has masked an indifferent showing.

I think it is becoming clear that whilst Zlatan is the only one scoring goals for us he is also part of the problem. Hard to criticise a player that has scored that many goals and in truth has carried us in that respect but I feel his lack of movement, and sometimes wayward final ball, is having a detrimental effect on those around him. If Zlatan was 10 years younger you might want to build the three behind him to suit his needs but as we will get another year at most it needs to be the other way round.

Europa League: Manchester United 2-1 Anderlecht - 20th April 2017

Nasty looking injury.

Yep looked very bad you just hope it's not a career ender a cruciate at 35 is surely game over for anyone even Zlatan

Can't see him playing anywhere but USA now however he managed to walk off of the pitch

However prior to his injury I thought that was an horrendous performance could have easily had a Hatrick were it not for his extra touches

It was a terrible performance, should have stuck with Lingard and Rashford as a two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back