Status
Not open for further replies.
Think he had a top game today, he just oozes class. He should no doubt have scored with the one he took down on his chest, but his link up play was superb and his passing was exquisite at times. Sure he will be disappointed not to score but behind Pogba, I think he was the best player on the pitch.

Think he had a top game today, he just oozes class. He should no doubt have scored with the one he took down on his chest, but his link up play was superb and his passing was exquisite at times. Sure he will be disappointed not to score but behind Pogba, I think he was the best player on the pitch.

Completely agree! Because today he had runners off him and he had Pogba feeding him the ball. I actually think across the full 90 he was perhaps better than Pogba... I mean Pogba for a spell was insane but he tired in the second half (as you'd expect as he's still finding Fitness) and I thought Ibra was a constant threat.

He was good. Goes to show how good we can be if we have the right mix of pace and power upfront. Some of the link up play today was exquisite.

He was good. Goes to show how good we can be if we have the right mix of pace and power upfront. Some of the link up play today was exquisite.

Yeah it really was... Loved the link up with Pogba at times! We certainly had the right balance of pace mixed with power and the creativity to open Leicester up.

CtLt1QRVYAAQfsC.jpg:large

Europa League: Manchester United 1-0 Zorya Luhansk - 29th September 2016

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Took his goal well after a complete miss hit by Rooney. Sometimes you just need a little bit of luck and we got that. We had most of the ball but really didn't threaten them. In fact they probably had the better openings.

But if the Rashford chance goes in rather than hitting the bar then it's a different game.

Premier League: Liverpool 0-0 Manchester United - 17th October 2016

His hold up play was poor. He needs to be more clinical, but he is at least getting goal scoring opportunities.

I still would prefer Rashford at 9, who has been less effective as a right winger thus far.

Have to agree. We have a better physical presence when he is there but you lose mobility.

Premier League: Chelsea 4-0 Manchester United - 23rd October 2016

He wasn't necessarily bad, but his lack of mobility is a problem that makes the team predictable and easier to defend against. He's like a technically superior Andy Carroll. He shouldn't play as the lone striker in a counter attacking system in away fixtures.

Yeah I agree. Jose has brought himself a problem. If he is to play up top on his own you need mobility all round him. But still the same time he doesn't seem to trust any 2 in midfield and has to strengthen the middle of the park. All our midfield players are fairly immobile

I've not got a problem with Zlatan, when he gets service he's dynamite. But the players around him have been beyond dreadful. This is causing him to get into a rut, hope he comes back firing because we need him and his goals again.

Got to say I've been so disappointed with Ibra not just in the last month or so but in fact since he started here.

Look he's a fantastic player and his goals have been vital to this team at times. But his all around play has been woeful.

He doesn't win enough in the air and when he does it goes nowhere near any of our players. His touch bounces right off him and either to the opposition or it takes him an age to then get things under control and by then the chance has gone. His skill and vision haven't been up to much either.

Now yes sure the goals could be enough on their own... But I expected more and and in this system his role is absolutely vital to the way we play.

Mind you he's being played far too often and really should be managed better in that respect. Don't get me wrong he's in great shape but he's towards the end of his career in a very fast and physical league. He needs to be given more games off.

League Cup: Manchester United 1-0 Manchester City - 26th October 2016

He was terrible in the first half, but much better in the second.

League Cup: Manchester United 1-0 Manchester City - 26th October 2016

He was terrible in the first half, but much better in the second.

Yeah agreed he was. He started to get a hold of the ball, link plays, bring others in to play and really influence the game. Thought that in the second half was as good as I've seen him play.

Best he's been for some time in the 2nd half. Good work for the goal. Needs one himself though.

I doubt he'd ever admit it but he seems short on confidence at the minute. Could do with a rest too. The flip side to Mourinho's winning mentality and nature is that he keeps insisting on playing his strongest side every match but it's time we started rotating a bit.

Some of his touches can be so far off. He seems to spend lots of time in matches standing around, or as he'd put, conserving energy for big moments. However if he kept on his toes a bit more he'd be less likely to make as many bad touches and misplaced passes. Not going to change at 35 though.

Premier League: Manchester United 0-0 Burnley - 29th October 2016

Simply had to score one of those chances today, not doing what we need from him most. Must get Rashford in his place after that today.

Simply had to score one of those chances today, not doing what we need from him most. Must get Rashford in his place after that today.

Yeah I'd have to agree because he's just not doing enough to warrant his place. Drop him and send him a goddamn message that it's not good enough.

His wastefulness in front of goal is proving to be costly. We'd be a lot higher in the league if he was more clinical. What was his conversation rate at PSG?

His wastefulness in front of goal is proving to be costly. We'd be a lot higher in the league if he was more clinical. What was his conversation rate at PSG?

Great question I'd love to know that stat.

From memory alone we would be 6 points better off if he'd put those clear chances away. A whole load today and that glorious chance Vs Liverpool! And there was me thinking we'd signed him to score those big goals when the team needed him to.

He has been wasteful to say the least. We created a shitload of chances yesterday. He either needs to be putting them away or needs to be parking his ass on the bench.

Apparently:

At PSG:

2012/13 - 4.6 shots/goal
2013/14 - 4.9 shots/goal
2014/15 - 3.6 shots/goal
2015/16 - 5.0 shots/goal

At United: 5.7 shots/goal

And to me a big reason is confidence right now! And he needs to just be taken out of the spotlight and then brought back in slowly.

The goals will come again for him because he's too good not to get it together... But playing him in every game isn't going to help him.

Premier League: Swansea City 0-3 Manchester United - 6th November 2016

Hopefully a much needed confidence booster.

Two well taken goals. Hopefully he will start scoring again regularly and we will go on a run of good results.

400th club goal today. Nice confidence booster but misses Arsenal game now through suspension which is frustrating.

Premier League: Manchester United 1-1 West Ham United - 27th November 2016

Top pass by Pogba. Nice little header by Ibrahimovic.

League Cup: Manchester United 1-0 Wet Ham United - 30th November 2016

He played with more swagger after his pass for the third goal.

He had a good game. The only negative thing is I feel that he slows play down just a little bit when we are on the counter. Apart from that he was excellent when we played through the middle. He linked up with Rooney and Miki really well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back