Youssoufa Moukoko

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

We haven't had much luck signing players from Dortmund, to be honest they've seen us coming, but this kid is well worth a punt on a free transfer in the Summer. Who knows a cheeky £15/20m bid and we might get him next month.

Way to early for him to move to the premier league needs to spend a bit more time developing his game in Germany.

He would be wise to agree a new deal with Dortmund and stay with them for a few more years.

Way to early for him to move to the premier league needs to spend a bit more time developing his game in Germany.

He would be wise to agree a new deal with Dortmund and stay with them for a few more years.

Well let's hope he and/or his agent aren't wise then and we can get him over ASAP, his goalscoring record at youth level is phenomenal.

Well let's hope he and/or his agent aren't wise then and we can get him over ASAP, his goalscoring record at youth level is phenomenal.

So is Charlie McNeil’s and so was James Wilson doesn’t mean he’s ready to lead the line for Utd.

If his agent is smart they sign a deal with a reasonable release clause in it like Haaland did.

So is Charlie McNeil’s and so was James Wilson doesn’t mean he’s ready to lead the line for Utd.

If his agent is smart they sign a deal with a reasonable release clause in it like Haaland did.

Charlie McNeill has done bugger all at reserve level yet and he's 19, Moukoko was scoring for fun for Dortmund's reserve side when he was 15/16, and on Wilson his attitude initially and then a series of injuries derailed him so we don't know if he would have kicked on or not, and where have I suggested he's ready to lead the line at United?

As a United fan why the hell would you want the lad and/or his agent to do the right thing?

Charlie McNeill has done bugger all at reserve level yet and he's 19, Moukoko was scoring for fun for Dortmund's reserve side when he was 15/16, and on Wilson his attitude initially and then a series of injuries derailed him so we don't know if he would have kicked on or not, and where have I suggested he's ready to lead the line at United?

As a United fan why the hell would you want the lad and/or his agent to do the right thing?

I just think the move is to soon I think he would be a bad signing. The best thing for this kid over the next 2-3 years is playing every week at a good standard.

Premier League is the elite standard for any striker even Haaland saw the benefit of a few years developing in Germany ahead of the move. Players who’ve shown a bit of patience tend to go further in my opinion.

Man Utd as a club are quite dysfunctional but hopefully things are changing with ETH we are going to see proper player development rather than regression under his watch. Any player with good advisors around him would say stay away from Utd until the takeover is done as who knows how that will play out.

I must admit when it comes to this kid I’ve seen very little of him but I know the name and reputation he has. He was highlighted as a potential star from a very young age and made his first team debut at 16.

Utd I think need to be buying a ready made product for centre forward the pressure on the player will be huge and they need to be able to carry that pressure. I don’t think right now we can put that responsibility on a kid.

Who is this ready made player you are thinking of? There aren't any
I personally think we should be targeting the younger ones before they get big

It would have been Toney. But obviously now not a viable option.

Arnautovic is second top goalscorer in Italy this season haha.

Nkunku will be the obvious link this summer with us and Chelsea chasing him.

I’m not saying go for a guy hitting his 30s but I’d like early 20s with a few years of top flight experience.

Vlahovic at Juventus
Osihmen at Napoli
Felix from Atletico Madrid
Ramos from Benfica

These guys will all cost big bucks but if ETH feels they tick the box then go get one of them.

We can’t afford 2-3 years of a player finding his feet.

I just think the move is to soon I think he would be a bad signing. The best thing for this kid over the next 2-3 years is playing every week at a good standard.

Premier League is the elite standard for any striker even Haaland saw the benefit of a few years developing in Germany ahead of the move. Players who’ve shown a bit of patience tend to go further in my opinion.

Man Utd as a club are quite dysfunctional but hopefully things are changing with ETH we are going to see proper player development rather than regression under his watch. Any player with good advisors around him would say stay away from Utd until the takeover is done as who knows how that will play out.

I must admit when it comes to this kid I’ve seen very little of him but I know the name and reputation he has. He was highlighted as a potential star from a very young age and made his first team debut at 16.

Utd I think need to be buying a ready made product for centre forward the pressure on the player will be huge and they need to be able to carry that pressure. I don’t think right now we can put that responsibility on a kid.

Nobody is suggesting we sign him and throw him straight into the first-team, but the kid is potentially a once in every two generational talent, he was scoring goals for fun for National German under-age teams(at u14/u15/u16 level) 2/3 years before his time, which is unheard of, anywhere, so much so the German FA refused to select him for the u18/u19s squads to try and control the hype.

If there is even the slightest chance we can get him to Old Trafford we must, simple as.

It's not a case of offering him what he wants, but ....

Nobody is suggesting we sign him and throw him straight into the first-team, but the kid is potentially a once in every two generational talent, he was scoring goals for fun for National German under-age teams(at u14/u15/u16 level) 2/3 years before his time, which is unheard of, anywhere, so much so the German FA refused to select him for the u18/u19s squads to try and control the hype.

If there is even the slightest chance we can get him to Old Trafford we must, simple as.

It's not a case of offering him what he wants, but ...
Agree with this. We cannot miss out on signing a potential fantastic talent because we need someone more experienced currently. The kid could be something special and sure when he’s ripping up whatever league he’s in, we would look and be like why didn’t we sign this kid when we had a good chance to!

We do need to buy for the right now of course but we also need to hoover up some potential as well.

Agree with this. We cannot miss out on signing a potential fantastic talent because we need someone more experienced currently. The kid could be something special and sure when he’s ripping up whatever league he’s in, we would look and be like why didn’t we sign this kid when we had a good chance to!

We do need to buy for the right now of course but we also need to hoover up some potential as well.

I don’t think we can keep waiting on centre forwards we have to sign someone who is ready to go in now and be the guy for at least 3 years to try and bring back success to the club.

If we can bring this guy in and develop him alongside another striker go for it but we can’t keep messing about with strikers we’ve got to find the solution.

The good thing is I trust ETH to pick the right guy for his team so far his judgement has been spot on.

Signed a new deal with Dortmund until 2026.

Yep he’d have been foolish to leave arguably the best club in Europe at developing world class strikers.

Lewendowski, Aubameyang and Haaland all turned potential into reality at Dortmund.

Few clubs have a better track record of taking young talented strikers and turning them into world class superstars.

Lewendowski, Aubameyang and Haaland all turned potential into reality at Dortmund.

Few clubs have a better track record of taking young talented strikers and turning them into world class superstars.

Strange way to look at it, they were already scoring for fun, it was that skillset that got them a move to the 2nd biggest club in Germany in the first place, you could say they polish then, well certainly in Lewandowski's case any way.

Strange way to look at it, they were already scoring for fun, it was that skillset that got them a move to the 2nd biggest club in Germany in the first place, you could say they polish then, well certainly in Lewandowski's case any way.

That is kind of my point they turn you from good to world class that’s their selling point to these players.

Stick with us through your early 20s and we will make you a superstar.

That is kind of my point they turn you from good to world class that’s their selling point to these players.

Stick with us through your early 20s and we will make you a superstar.

Oh yeah I get that, i've just never heard anybody say it, or it's the best club for a young defender to go to, or the best club for a young midfielder to go to, before. Not trying to be funny.

Oh yeah I get that, i've just never heard anybody say it, or it's the best club for a young defender to go to, or the best club for a young midfielder to go to, before. Not trying to be funny.

Fair enough.

Dortmund have basically said that’s what they offer young players to attract them, I think the Bundesliga is a great place to learn for young players. It’s a quick and attacking league but defensively teams are poor so young attacking players can develop.

The big step is then moving to a league like the premier league and making that step up. Many have struggled with that jump but there’s plenty of success stories.

Fair enough.

Dortmund have basically said that’s what they offer young players to attract them, I think the Bundesliga is a great place to learn for young players. It’s a quick and attacking league but defensively teams are poor so young attacking players can develop.

The big step is then moving to a league like the premier league and making that step up. Many have struggled with that jump but there’s plenty of success stories.

It's usually great to watch but it is viewed as nothing more than a development League for most players/agents, the best Scandinavian and South American kids come in after a few years in Holland, hoping to move on to Italy or Spain eventually, and the best African kids arrive either from France or Belgian, but very few stay, once in Germany.

There must have been some but i'm really struggling to think of any player that has come to England from Germany direct and been a roaring Success.

It's usually great to watch but it is viewed as nothing more than a development League for most players/agents, the best Scandinavian and South American kids come in after a few years in Holland, hoping to move on to Italy or Spain eventually, and the best African kids arrive either from France or Belgian, but very few stay, once in Germany.

There must have been some but i'm really struggling to think of any player that has come to England from Germany direct and been a roaring Success.

Firmino, Son, De Bruyne, Haaland, Gundogan, Aubameyang, Matip and Sane. Off the top of my head they’re the stand out ones I like the look of Konate and I think Ikanji has done well so far.

There is a much longer list of players who looked great in Germany but ended up looking ok in the prem. Kagawa, Podolski, Werner, Sancho, Havertz, Pulisic, Mkhitaryan and Keita.

Firmino, Son, De Bruyne, Haaland, Gundogan, Aubameyang, Matip and Sane. Off the top of my head they’re the stand out ones I like the look of Konate and I think Ikanji has done well so far.

There is a much longer list of players who looked great in Germany but ended up looking ok in the prem. Kagawa, Podolski, Werner, Sancho, Havertz, Pulisic, Mkhitaryan and Keita.

Sorry was meaning non-German who were using the Bundesliga as a stepping stone. Firminio and Son had quite a few seasons in Germany before Liverpool/Spurs took a punt on them, and De Bruyne had already been to England and had to leave to develop.

Haaland is just a one-off.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back