Yann Sommer

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

'eyeing' a deal? Not sure where that fits in the whole pantheon of transfer lexicon, but I'd guess it's somewhere before 'considering a deal'.

Old news, didn't he turn down a move to United last Sommer, preferring to stay in Germany.

He's always looked decent for Switzerland and I would say we are due a new goalkeeper feels like it's time for De Gea to move on.

I'm surprised the Pickford rumours haven't heated up over the WC.

Has he played that well at the world cup?

Not really had much to do in the games so far and I suspect Utd wouldn't be willing to pay the English/Premier League player premium for him.

Utd should be able to raise a decent fee for Henderson in the summer to put towards a new keeper. If his loan spell continues to go well at Forest you'd hope we can get £25-30m in for him from another PL side this summer.

the save in the last game was amazing, it's about the only thing he's had to do.

He's always looked decent for Switzerland and I would say we are due a new goalkeeper feels like it's time for De Gea to move on.
If we were to move on from De Gea, I definitely wouldn’t be advocating for a goalkeeper who will be 34 this month. He’s not better than De Gea, so this one would be a non-starter in my head.

When we do come to replace De Gea, then we should be identifying a young keeper like we did when we first brought him in under SAF.

If we were to move on from De Gea, I definitely wouldn’t be advocating for a goalkeeper who will be 34 this month. He’s not better than De Gea, so this one would be a non-starter in my head.

When we do come to replace De Gea, then we should be identifying a young keeper like we did when we first brought him in under SAF.

Yeah wasn’t necessarily saying he’s the one but I think he’s on a free this summer so could be a potential number 2 alongside a new signing.

Neuer broke his leg skiing so they had to get in some short term cover, think he only had 6 months left on his deal.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back