Wout Weghorst | Match Discussion thread 2022/23

He was asked a question, would you have preferred him to say he just saw his time at United as an extended break after the World Cup, and he'd focus on club football again next season?
The facts are, we would have been better served if we had asked McT to fulfil the role for the rest of the season. And I mean that!

The facts are, we would have been better served if we had asked McT to fulfil the role for the rest of the season. And I mean that!

Well I had suggested that earlier in the season, but nobody listens to me, hope you have more success.

Say he's available for £10m in the summer from Burnley I don't think they'll want to keep him regardless of how he does, they'll want quicker players up front.

Utd in my opinion need to find two strikers this summer one to be the first choice and another to be the backup. They could stick with Martial as the backup but his fitness issues basically mean when you actually need him you can't guarantee he'll even be around. We're likely stuck with him as an expensive third choice as no one is going to buy him, just have to wait until that contract expires and send him on his way.

Weghorst obviously isn't going to be the first choice option but how many goals would he need to score in this loan spell to be the backup?

Backup strikers are a nightmare to find and there doesn't seem to be anything coming out of the youth team any time soon.

Weghorst obviously isn't going to be the first choice option but how many goals would he need to score in this loan spell to be the backup?

Backup strikers are a nightmare to find and there doesn't seem to be anything coming out of the youth team any time soon.
You're probably repeatedly using that term subconsciously. He looks like he is backing up when he's going forward.

You're probably repeatedly using that term subconsciously. He looks like he is backing up when he's going forward.

Yeah but there's been plenty of great strikers down the years who weren't quick. Sheringham, Berbatov and Ibrahimovic for us.

They said Sheringham always had the first yard in his head, lets hope Wout has 5.

If you know where to stand in the box and you've got a great touch you don't need be quick.

I'm exited about this. Gives us different options and can only make us better again. The next 7 days are massive for us. Get them 6 points by any possible means.

Only 9 days ago, take it you didn't know who he was, or are you a flip flop flipperty flop type of guy.

Say he's available for £10m in the summer from Burnley I don't think they'll want to keep him regardless of how he does, they'll want quicker players up front.

Utd in my opinion need to find two strikers this summer one to be the first choice and another to be the backup. They could stick with Martial as the backup but his fitness issues basically mean when you actually need him you can't guarantee he'll even be around. We're likely stuck with him as an expensive third choice as no one is going to buy him, just have to wait until that contract expires and send him on his way.

If the Manager wants to keep him that would be a good deal.

I have to admit, he is warming me up a bit. Spotted a couple of things against Arsenal and I'm enjoying analysing his game tonight. He has started well with good movement.

Games seem to pass him by. His role should be restricted to impact sub.

Not his best game but we just couldn't get him the ball, still be useful going forward as an impact sub though, which is basically what we brought him in to be.

He shouldn’t be starting matches for us, he should be an impact sub. However, Martial cannot keep himself fit for two minutes so we have to play him.

Always said he does have his merits but it’s not quite gelling in this team yet.

Problem is he's having to be the starter because the other guy is injured again.

I think with Sancho back they may look to put Rashford in the middle and having Sancho off the left.

Was a bit unlucky last night as Utd put the creative wide players on at the point he came off. Garnacho/Rashford aren't really suppliers they're more looking to get their own shots away. Sancho/Pellestri are more likely to stick crosses into the box.

For reasons unknown to me Weghorst appears to be getting a fair whack of charity from much of the fan base. I dont understand it, he isnt close to being a United player. We were supposed to have signed a striker.

I agree, Rashford through the middle, Sancho left and whoever right

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

You’re not the only one.

Thought he looked better when Rashford went up top with him used the space Rashford created from his runs in behind well.

When Anthony is fit I suspect we might see Rashford back in the middle with Sancho left and Anthony right.

He's pretty much what I expected him to be but we were scrambling for a quick fix, he wont be staying next season.

Fantastic attitude and work rate, he put in a shift. He’s a good team player. His lack of pace is comical though. He should have scored, it’s a shame that he didn’t as it would have been a nice little confidence boost. He’s obviously not a long term option but he’ll do a job for the team for the remainder of the season.

He's awful.

Another miss he had to bury. Should have had a hatrick today.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back