Wout Weghorst | Match Discussion thread 2022/23

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I had a fear Marial would score the winner today, granting him his next get out of jail card.
Hopefully we can just get rid now and be done with it!

Think he’ll probably start against Palace. He was in pretty good scoring form for Besiktas and obviously scored a couple of Holland in the WC.

Have to assume Martial will be out or at least rested, so big chance Wout gets a start.

I think he'll also start against Arsenal, we will need his pressing ability and presence in the box.

I'm exited about this. Gives us different options and can only make us better again. The next 7 days are massive for us. Get them 6 points by any possible means.

I think he'll be on the bench tomorrow as long as Rashford is fit, I think they'll stick him up the middle and give Garnacho a start.

He's been playing regularly so should be up to speed just needs a bit of time to learn how to fit in with his team mates.

Tbf it is hard to argue against Garnacho starting the next game. He produces every time he comes on.

b Tbf it is hard to argue against Garnacho starting the next game. He produces every time he comes on.
Yeh, but making an impact coming on as a sub may be the best option for now as opposed to the opposition setting up for him from scratch.

He doesn't need minutes in his legs, but he will need to get up to speed with the pace of PL football, and the way ETH wants to play. I'd start him v Palace and give Rashford a few extra days to rest and recover. I feel like le Arse are going to go full Neville bros vs Reyes on him, so I'd love to give him time to heal whatever knock he picked up vs City.

I haven't seen tonight, but I was expecting a pile doo who's never been picked up by a half decent club lol

He was ok, we got worse when he went off.

He is very slow and that’s an issue but in games where we are struggling to break an opponent down he gives us a battering ram option.

Maybe EtH will make him run 10 laps around the Belle Vue tomorrow night against a bunch of mutts and bring the best out of him

Jesus H Christ, give the lad a chance. If you expected him to come in, and fit seamlessly into the team you are off your rockers.

A solid 6, admittedly that was mostly because of his defensive work, but come on ....

Better. He was good with his back to goal but needs to do more when facing the goal. Anyone know is heading stats for the game?

I don't think he works. Is too slow. Played 2 and we've dropped points in both and not really created anything involving our striker.

Think he’s actually a pretty clever forward. Obviously has his limitations due to being quite slow but think he was okay today. Did some good work pressing and held the ball up quite well at times. He’s obviously not the answer but as a short term option we could do worse.

Not seeing it, atm. I thought ETH might have wanted someone who offered something different, someone who'll thrive in the opposition box.

Still, early days.

He's had two tough away games, let's see how he copes at home when we have 60/65% of the possession before we write him off.

He's had two tough away games, let's see how he copes at home when we have 60/65% of the possession before we write him off.

Two tough away games?

Palace have won 4 of 11. Only Southampton have conceded more goals at home.

Two tough away games?

Palace have won 4 of 11. Only Southampton have conceded more goals at home.

That counts for nothing, historically we struggle there, and haven't they just drawn against Newcastle?

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back