Wout Weghorst | Match Discussion thread 2022/23

EtHagArmy

He was asked a question, would you have preferred him to say he just saw his time at United as an extended break after the World Cup, and he'd focus on club football again next season?
The facts are, we would have been better served if we had asked McT to fulfil the role for the rest of the season. And I mean that!

Justin Cider

Top Poster Of Month
The facts are, we would have been better served if we had asked McT to fulfil the role for the rest of the season. And I mean that!

Well I had suggested that earlier in the season, but nobody listens to me, hope you have more success.

jsp

Say he's available for £10m in the summer from Burnley I don't think they'll want to keep him regardless of how he does, they'll want quicker players up front.

Utd in my opinion need to find two strikers this summer one to be the first choice and another to be the backup. They could stick with Martial as the backup but his fitness issues basically mean when you actually need him you can't guarantee he'll even be around. We're likely stuck with him as an expensive third choice as no one is going to buy him, just have to wait until that contract expires and send him on his way.

Weghorst obviously isn't going to be the first choice option but how many goals would he need to score in this loan spell to be the backup?

Backup strikers are a nightmare to find and there doesn't seem to be anything coming out of the youth team any time soon.

EtHagArmy

Weghorst obviously isn't going to be the first choice option but how many goals would he need to score in this loan spell to be the backup?

Backup strikers are a nightmare to find and there doesn't seem to be anything coming out of the youth team any time soon.
You're probably repeatedly using that term subconsciously. He looks like he is backing up when he's going forward.

jsp

You're probably repeatedly using that term subconsciously. He looks like he is backing up when he's going forward.

Yeah but there's been plenty of great strikers down the years who weren't quick. Sheringham, Berbatov and Ibrahimovic for us.

They said Sheringham always had the first yard in his head, lets hope Wout has 5.

If you know where to stand in the box and you've got a great touch you don't need be quick.

Justin Cider

Top Poster Of Month
I'm exited about this. Gives us different options and can only make us better again. The next 7 days are massive for us. Get them 6 points by any possible means.

Only 9 days ago, take it you didn't know who he was, or are you a flip flop flipperty flop type of guy.

Justin Cider

Top Poster Of Month
Say he's available for £10m in the summer from Burnley I don't think they'll want to keep him regardless of how he does, they'll want quicker players up front.

Utd in my opinion need to find two strikers this summer one to be the first choice and another to be the backup. They could stick with Martial as the backup but his fitness issues basically mean when you actually need him you can't guarantee he'll even be around. We're likely stuck with him as an expensive third choice as no one is going to buy him, just have to wait until that contract expires and send him on his way.

If the Manager wants to keep him that would be a good deal.

EtHagArmy

I have to admit, he is warming me up a bit. Spotted a couple of things against Arsenal and I'm enjoying analysing his game tonight. He has started well with good movement.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now