World Snooker Championship 2019

Yeah just flicked it on a saw there’s a crowd.

For a brief moment I thought surely snooker hasn’t gone fake crowd noise.

A few coughs, the rustling sweet wrapper and polite applause

He’s had a mare of a session. 8-2 is looking like 9-7. Probably 9-8 and Ronnie lucky the session is coming to and end. The last frame he won was lucky too.

Hopefully he can take this frame and go in 10-7. He looks like he’s completely done at the moment though.

This is the worst World final I have ever watched. Wilson doesnt look good enough to be there. Mind you if it carries on like this my 18-11 bet could be on.

The quality from both has been very poor. So many simple mistakes.

Hendry announced that he’s coming out of retirement.

I did wonder this during the recent championshps Hendry was a pundit on.

It's not exactly a sport that needs fitness, so does age really affect your game? Wouldn't it just be eysight, and you could get lenses or laser treatment.

I wonder what attributes are affected by age in Snooker.

Or perhaps he just got fed up with it.

I did wonder this during the recent championshps Hendry was a pundit on.

It's not exactly a sport that needs fitness, so does age really affect your game? Wouldn't it just be eysight, and you could get lenses or laser treatment.

I wonder what attributes are affected by age in Snooker.

Or perhaps he just got fed up with it.
Now that is silliness personified.

enlighten me
Everything deteriorates progressively with age, once you reach 30 you are on the way down physically and by 40 you are on the way down mentally. Reflexes, senses, everything goes. Even your old todger.
Henry could never win a major tournament again.

Do you need reflexes in snooker? Surely it's all about hand eye coordination, which you can get fixed.

I guess like most hand/eye sports, it's lost in the mind, which you could argue would be a problem with age.

Do you need reflexes in snooker? Surely it's all about hand eye coordination, which you can get fixed.

I guess like most hand/eye sports, it's lost in the mind, which you could argue would be a problem with age.
lol :rolleyes: you really are a pillock at times :D

having 20/20 vision along with improved peripheral vision would certainly help hand/eye coordination, should I finish this with numpty or pillock?

having 20/20 vision along with improved peripheral vision would certainly help hand/eye coordination, should I finish this with numpty or pillock?
Hand eye coordination is to do with the afore mentioned reflexes. You cant fix that, simples.

Well Hendry has never had laser eye surgery so we can rule that one out.

He was offered a 2 year tour card and said he feels like he's playing the best he has since he retired on the seniors tour.

reflexes, with two non moving balls. Surely it's more about decent eysight.

reflexes, with two non moving balls. Surely it's more about decent eysight.
Ronnie struggled in the semi's and early final stages of this years World Championship because he just couldn't get his cue action right. That's reflexes, believe me. As he is the most gifted player in terms of natural ability ever to pick up a cue he was able to overcome it. In another couple of years he wont be able to. There will be no fix, believe me.

ok, that's my answer then.

I thought it was in his mind, fiddling with his action too much. A bit like a golfer and his putter

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back