Netherlands vs USA - Sat 3pm
Argentina vs Australia - Sat 7pm

France vs Poland - Sun 3pm
England vs Senegal - Sun 7pm

Japan vs Croatia - Mon 3pm
Brazil vs South Korea - Mon 7pm

Morocco vs Spain - Tue 3pm
Portugal vs Switzerland - Tue 7pm

Netherlands are through beating USA 3-1.

The Dutch we’re just to good for them pulled them all over the pitch then injected speed into moves to punish them when they left some space.

1-0 Messi

He was anonymous for 30 minutes Australia hadn’t given them a sniff then out of nowhere Messi strikes.

Apparently his first goal in a knockout game at the World Cup.

From what I saw, it looked like the US were the better side for stretches, but the Dutch just cut through them when it mattered. Some of the defending from the US was shocking, but Dumfries was outstanding.

The Aussies looking like they'd snap any and every hand off for a 1-0 loss. It's the knockouts. 1-0 or 10-0 makes no difference. Go for it. Strange.

2-0 Alvarez

Howler from the keeper but great pressure from De Paul to force the mistake.

Bloody hell, they almost pulled off the most unlikely of equalizers. Outstanding block by our Martinez and then a super save from the keeper Martinez.

He's having a hell of a world cup he's got that late 90's Ronaldo thing to his game where he's basically unstoppable the speed he's able to perform his skills at is unreal and he hits the ball so cleanly.

Giroud isn't going to have that goals record for long the way he's going.

Japan currently lead Croatia 1-0 at half time.

There's rumours that Ronaldo might be dropped by Portugal for their game tomorrow. The manager wasn't impressed by his tantrum when he was subbed off against South Korea.

Brazil have turned on the style tonight. They’ve laid down a huge marker for all other teams.

Japan bottling pens. Honestly didn't see that coming. Brazil only beating South Korea by the same goal difference as England vs Senegal. It's obviously coming home!!

Gotta feel for Fred, an integral part of the team that breezed the 18 match WC qualification process, and got to the Final of the Copa America held in Brazil, okay he's not in great club form, but then neither is Paqueta who played instead of him playing alongside our man(Clasemiro) who is affectionately known in Brazil as Mr Invisible, which apparently is the ultimate complement.

Still not sure about Brazil, if they play that open against one of the better sides they will come unstuck.

I suspect in the next round Fred will come back in, seems to be he takes Fred out against the opponents he feels Brazil can just run over and don't need to worry about.

Brazil were fantastic in that first half scored some beautiful goals as that forward line really clicked. I didn't see the second half but sounds like they were a bit sloppy and complacent.

Croatia you'd expect will be a lot more street smart especially in the midfield so I think he'll bring Fred back in for that bit of extra protection with Paqueta dropping to the bench.

I think the brazil love in is a bit over the top. South Korea were terrible, and set themseles up really badly.

I don't think Spain played as well as they can, with Morocco defending resolutely and creating some good clear-cut chances.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Goodbye and good riddance. Such a boring side to watch when they don't score.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back