World Cup 2022: England vs USA - Friday 25th Nov 7pm KO

Threw times in 2 mins. He wins all of em.

Comfortably our best player.

Southgate has to change this we have been hanging on for 20 minutes here.

Those 3 behind the striker need changing they’re offering nothing with or without the ball.

Henderson and Grealish coming on Sterling and Bellingham. I think he’s looking to get control of the ball again Bellingham was poor tonight.

Grealish straight away runs at them and worries them.

Kane should be off. He should be in danger of being dropped. Woeful recent performances for England.

Kane has been quality those around him have been awful.

Foden should have been on for Saka 10 minutes ago.

Rashford on for Saka

Poor from England nowhere near our best.

USA played well kept their shape and made it hard for us to build from the back and made sure nothing was allowed to come through the middle. Playing two up top made it very hard for our centre backs to pass out into the midfield.

The creative players all had shockers I think Southgate could have made subs earlier.

That said for all the pressure USA created very little and a draw was a fair result.

Very similar to the Scotland game at the euros.

What a chicken @#$ scared performance that was. Honestly, getting played off the park by a peppy and energetic but not the most skilled US side is not the stuff of champions. Agreed with the criticism of Mount. Not sure what he brings that warrants being an automatic starter. The Henderson sub tells you everything you need to know about Southgate's thinking.

Bellingham needs to learn to work more between the lines. We need players like him to pick the ball up deep, beat the press and set up the attacks. Be more pro-active.

Grealish had a go, though he made a few poor choices.

Saka and Sterling didn't work hard enough. They need to follow Kane's example.

Staggered Mount played the full game.

Yep I think Foden is a much better player and should be starting ahead of him but Foden in my opinion is yet to really show his best for England.

I think for Wales Southgate has to consider some changes. Wales need to go for the win to qualify.

Maguire was our best player by a mile, was brilliant at defending the US corners. He shouldn’t be getting any criticism tonight.

Really don’t get it with Mount. He’s a good player on occasion but he doesn’t bring much to the party in a tight game. Rashford and Grealish should have been on a lot lot earlier.

Job done I guess as we aren’t losing 4-0 to Wales! Still a very poor performance.

Pickford 6. had nothing to do
Trippier 6. Poor first half improved second half
Stone 7. Solid
Maguire 8. Rock Solid
Shaw 7. Solid
Rice 6. Not brave enough on the ball kept going back to his CBs after receiving the ball
Bellingham 5. Same as above and got bullied a bit he will learn
Mount 3. Worked hard but quality on the ball lacking
Saka 3. Wasted a few good chances first half when he was found in space
Sterling 3. Created a chance for Mount at the end of the first half but aside from that did nothing
Kane 6. Held it up well but starved of any real service and should have done better with the header at the end

Henderson 6. Thought he steadied the nerves
Grealish 6. Ran at his man and looked after the ball well
Rashford 5. Didn’t really get involved as the play was all going down the left.

Southgate 2. Left his subs to late and didn’t have the guts to go for the win.

Play like we did today and we’d struggle against both of them.

I would much rather face Ecuador.

Play like we did today and we’d struggle against both of them.

I would much rather face Ecuador.
The Dutch were poor today. Think we would be comfortable against them. Ecuador are more like the USA; I think their pace on the break could trouble us.

The Dutch were poor today. Think we would be comfortable against them. Ecuador are more like the USA; I think their pace on the break could trouble us.

I agree but I think we’d let them get in our heads, we’d talk them up into being better than they are.

I still think top the group go into the second round with some confidence and see how we go in the knockout games.

You mean exactly like he did with the US? The way Southgate went out of his way to be respectful and not underestimate them had us playing like we were facing Brazil.

If we can’t beat an aged Wales side then we might as well just go home now and save ourselves the trouble.

I don't know why I bothered watching, England were always going to win comfortably ....

But nice to see Maguire back to his majestic best, and in a two as well.

The problem is Southgate is too defensive, you've got Foden on the bench and you bring on Henderson.

Foden is arguably our best player, he should be starting.

Rashford should have come on earlier and Kane started dropping way too deep so I would have hooked him too

Mount, Sterling, Saka should be dropped for Foden, Rashford, Grealish.

But Southgate will swap Saka for Walker no doubt.

Henderson was the right sub it needed some experience in there as to many players heads had gone and we were struggling. We were much better when he came on. That is what he’s in the squad for and I think he played that role perfectly last night.

You can look at the result in a number of ways we played badly and were still worthy of a point.
We have total control of the group.
6 goals in the first game shows when it does click there are goals in the team.
We weathered a pretty intense storm at the start of the second half without conceding.

I wouldn’t go mad with the changes Walker in for Trippier and I think Mount out for Foden. Keep Grealish and Rashford as impact players in the second half of matches.

USA just had our number to be honest we couldn’t work out a way to play through their press on the night. I dont see that being as big an issue vs the Welsh.

Very impressed by Adams for them marshalled that space in front of the defence brilliantly.

This tournament has come too soon, but if America can keep this very young group together, find a replacement for Ream who will probably be too old, get the right head doctor to help Pulisic to finally reach his potential, and maybe find a CF who can score the scrappy goals they will have a formidable team in 4 years on home soil. I'd put them down as one of the favourites now.

Think Iran might beat them on Tuesday though.

Henderson was the right sub if you're defence minded. Not the right sub if you want a goal.
Which was my point, Southgate is too defence minded

Henderson was the right sub if you're defence minded. Not the right sub if you want a goal.
Which was my point, Southgate is too defence minded

You need control to get the goal.

Bellingham was sinking he had to make a change it wasn’t a defensive sub in my opinion it stopped the flow of their attacks and put us back in control of the game.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back