Womens Euro's 2022

Mr C

Anyone going to watch?

I might watch a couple of games, I just don't feel it with womens football. I like watching it, there is some good stuff (apart from goal keeping) but I just don't get that feeling like the men's championships.

England should win this though, their manager is top class.

I'll be honest... I don't follow women's football and I don't like it. And I don't like that it's now being forced down our throats.

It's not the best standard, but it is early days compared to the mens game.

I'll be honest... I don't follow women's football and I don't like it. And I don't like that it's now being forced down our throats.

How exactly is it forced down your throat?

If you don't like it don't watch it or read about it you control what you consume.

It's great that the media give it some coverage now so that those who are interested in it can follow it.

I'll watch bits of it when I'm just around the house and games are on but won't be going out of my way to watch it as I don't really follow the women's game.

Sounds like we've got a good chance of winning it.

I think the standard is actually pretty good it'll never be the same as the mens simply because of the speed and endurance level of male players compared to female but technically they are very good and improving all the time as more and more teams are able to go professional across Europe.

Looks like the tickets have sold well which is good for any tournament.

Men or women who just follow women’s football could very much say that mens football is forced down their throats.

Not that anything is forced down anyones throats, if you don’t like something then don’t watch it.

I'm referring more to men's and womens content is now all mixed in together. The transfer speculation for example on Sky Sports is mixed together. I don't like baseball so I don't follow it, I don't have it mixed in with football stuff.

I think it's pretty clear when they talk about women's or men's football. The breaking news ticker can sometimes catch me out for about 10 seconds until the name appears but I'd say it's a good thing that they're given some proper coverage.

Thought the euros were a sell out. No one at st Mary's tonight

Think the England games are sell outs would expect empty seats at quite a lot of group games.

This is about the 4th game I've checked into. The quality of football is poor

Guess the quality will rise when we get to the knockout rounds.

England destroying Norway at the moment 2-0 up inside 20 minutes

Some of the defending was atrocious. This kind of result should not be happening at a high level tourny. Weren't France up by 5 at half time. At least I think that's what Ian Wright said.
It wasn't great quality from the world 8th best side

Some of the defending was atrocious. This kind of result should not be happening at a high level tourny. Weren't France up by 5 at half time. At least I think that's what Ian Wright said.
It wasn't great quality from the world 8th best side

Brazil 1 Germany 7

Not that I follow it but was told Norway were a decent side expected to give us a tough game.

What happened?

Though the pen for our first goal was pretty soft but after that Norway just imploded.

The defending in womens football and in particular the goalkeeping is poor. These cricket score's I don't think are good for the game, no matter how great it is for the England team. Norway put 4 past NI. France scored 5, Spain and Germany scored 4.
I guess they've not been pro that long so have a long way to catch up in terms of quality to the mens game. But there is gulf in quality between the teams.

Don't think it was really down to the keeper from what I saw just looked like the defending was very poor England got in so easily down the right side.

I think that's a lot to do with it you've got a mixture of professional/semi pro players and where the bigger football nations have started putting some serious money behind it the results show on the pitch.

I think it's got a lot better but you really notice the difference in quality of keepers for the good sides and the crap ones.

I imagine having a keeper who's full time pro working with a goalkeeping coach every day makes a huge difference at any level.

I watch a fair bit of womens football during the season, there are no good keepers.

Depends what you use as a benchmark for them as lets be honest no professional outfield female player could probably play professionally in England.

Outrageous finish by United's Alessia Russo(the 3rd goal in a 4-0 win) in the Semi-Final v the 2nd best side in the World.

Well done to the girls would be a great achievement for them to win this one.

It was a good game, but again, goal keeping..... England keeper made a couple of decent saves though, along with a complete howler.

Well done to the women's team. Can't say I watched and can't say I'd get excited personally if they won it. But it is good for them and it is good for the women's game in the UK.

They play some good stuff, their manager is brilliant, I imagine she'd do ok for any football team.

I've only been dipping in and out of the games but they are very good to watch they pass the ball very well and in the forward areas they've got some really exciting creative players. Once they seem to get a bit of momentum going in a game they are relentless and really punish the opponent which is what top sides do.

Think with any sport it's all about opportunity at a young age and in the UK in the last decade things have got a lot better for young girls that like the more traditional boys sports and they are able to play and they are able to see the best of their chosen sport more easily.

Hope the French win the 2nd SF tonight as they are a joy to watch at times, but expect the Germans to do what Germans do be it Mens', Womens' or under age teams, be ruthlessly efficient and grind the French down, then do the same to England again in the Final, or try!

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back