Wimbledon 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched a fair bit, did Nadal say he's gonna struggle to make Wednesday's match?

I thought Murray was brilliant.

It's about time neither of the Williams sisters were in the final, it's been 4/5 years hasn't it since the last time? and before that they were always in it for years. Sharapova looked very good today.

Azararenka beat paszek, sharapova breezed through against Cibulkova, the fresher lisicki bt bartoli and kvitova beat the beautiful pironkova

Bartoli showed a lot of determination in that match, tiredness let her down though, I swear she looked like she aged 10 years during the match. Great first 2 sets.

Sharapova looks unbeatable and under the roof she's louder than ever.

Missed the Azarenka game and didn't really watch the other game much... I thought I was the only one to have a thing for Pironkova, she looks really cute with that hat on. Stick thin mind.

Great day. Tsonga was one I tipped with an outside chance, I fear he maybe peaked today though whereas I think Nadal, Murray and Djokovic still have more to come.

Hard to look beyond Nadal but I've just got the feeling we'll have a new Wimbledon winner this year and perhaps an all new final.

More of Federer fan so will definitely be supporting Murray over Nadal. Murray needs to depart from his usual counter punching style and be more direct and aggressive ie dictate play.

If Murray don't do it I hope Djokovic or Tsonga will, I really want a new winner, but I won't begrudge Nadal victory.

Jason, if you had to pick one of the men who do you think will win?

Toughie... i'd have to say Nadal.

Good call on Kvitova as the dark horse for the Womens by the way... she just stormed past Azarenka in the first set, unbelievable.

Murray will self-destruct.

He's British!! (...only kidding you Brits!..we can't play tennis in Ireland!)

Judy Murray gets on my tits come on Rafa!

I could not agree more with the part about Judy Murray.

Andy had a little argument one time with Del Potro during a match when his mum cheered an unforced error from Del Potro.

Del Potro sat down and said you and you mother were always the same.

Not got a problem with his mum but I think he needs to get rid of his mum as a coach to make the next step.

I don't think she is his coach she is always at the slams and any other big tournaments.

One thing I did notice when I went to Wimbledon on the opening day that his mother never clapped good shots from the opponent whilst nadal mother did and stood up and clapped the opponent when he broke nadal

Nadal up a break in the second. Sloppy miss for Murray on break point

I think he's struggling with injury a bit, grimmacing a lot... but maybe that's because he's getting beat.

Novak Djokovic - Wimbledon Champion 2011. Best tennis i've ever seen him play. Well done to him.

My mate's down the pub and he rang me, don't think he's a fan of Wimbledon!!

Here's what he said 'Thank God the f**cking posing is over for another year! Fake girlfriends, fake laughs from the crowd, smarmy commentating...everybody is in love with themselves...ego lovefest...ball boys will be wiping their arses next'

LOL.

You Irish lads should stick to Hurling and your Gaelic Football.

My mate's down the pub and he rang me, don't think he's a fan of Wimbledon!!

Here's what he said 'Thank God the f**cking posing is over for another year! Fake girlfriends, fake laughs from the crowd, smarmy commentating...everybody is in love with themselves...ego lovefest...ball boys will be wiping their arses next'

LOL.

What ever gave you that impression Geoff that your friend doesn't like Wimbledon. He doesn't appear to have an opinion on it ;)

Over and out for another year.

A few new names have come to the forefront and Bernand Tomic, the 18 year old Australian has made a name for himself.

Disappointing as a Federer fan but I am glad i was at work during his match agianst Tsonga.

Sharapova seems to be back

rise of a new star in Petra Kvitova

Murray not quite there

Wozniacki's wait for a Grand Slam goes on

Yeah Tomic looks an exciting prospect, will be interesting to see how he does on other surfaces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back