What will be Mourinho's first choice centre-back partnership?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideshow Bob

Bailly-Blind, Bailly-Smalling or Smalling-Blind?

What will be Mourinho's first choice centre-back partnership?

What is your preferred first choice centre-back partnership?

Going in to this season I was pretty sure in my mind that Smalling Bailly was the right and best partnership... But now I'm not so sure. Blind was superb yesterday and he was last weekend as well and hasn't put a foot wrong.

Given that Blind is a natural distributor and is left footed I think that gives him the edge right now? And I'm by no means someone who believes you just have a right and left footed player in the CB positions.

Smalling was really good last year but not once did I feel the same confidence I've felt with the Bailly and Blind partnership. So at the moment I think you've got to go with this current partnership?

That said though there are still rightly some concerns over Blind because of his lack of pace and size. There will be tougher games ahead for him and that does slightly worry me. But he reads the game so well and he is growing in to this role.

Whatever Jose wants to go with me needs to make a decision now and really stick by it. If he wants to go the route of Smalling and Bailly then he needs to play them asap and stick with that! Bailly still needs time to settle down and chopping and changing the pair isn't going to help anyone.

Blind-Bailly has done really well so far. Smalling-Bailly makes sense but might not work as well as a pair, Blind seems to provide a really good balance to the defence whether it be Smalling or Bailly next to him.

Suppose the point i'm making is, it depends on how Smalling does when he gets his chance. Bailly and Blind have made a great start and will be hard to displace them at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back