What needs to change?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's Malacia turn now. We focus on the wrong position. We should be after a RB an 2 CM first

Apparently Arsenal want Rashford for 45m£. I was expecting more but maybe that is enought for ETH to find a replacement LW.

It's Malacia turn now. We focus on the wrong position. We should be after a RB an 2 CM first

Well obviously Rangnick and ten Hag see things differently, and I tend to agree, both fullback positions could do with an upgrade in the next few windows but the left-side is of more urgent need. I'm sure Maguire would agree as well.

Apparently Arsenal want Rashford for 45m£. I was expecting more but maybe that is enought for ETH to find a replacement LW.

Doubt we'll sign anybody to play LW even if Rashford and Martial are moved on, Sancho can't play on the right so will get first go at LW, and i'd expect Garnacho to be pushing him hard for the position from Christmas onwards. Then there's Antony who is expected to sign to play RW, Pellistri and Amad who will all get a chance on the left if Sancho isn't up to the job till Garnacho is ready.

Well obviously Rangnick and ten Hag see things differently, and I tend to agree, both fullback positions could do with an upgrade in the next few windows but the left-side is of more urgent need. I'm sure Maguire would agree as well.
I disagree. Telles is bad but he is only a backup option. I believe in Shaw for the LB position and think the RB position is more urgent because Dalot and AWB are both bad. In RB we can get Timber (former position) or Frimpong, both young and talented.

Doubt we'll sign anybody to play LW even if Rashford and Martial are moved on, Sancho can't play on the right so will get first go at LW, and i'd expect Garnacho to be pushing him hard for the position from Christmas onwards. Then there's Antony who is expected to sign to play RW, Pellistri and Amad who will all get a chance on the left if Sancho isn't up to the job till Garnacho is ready.
I planned to sell Rashford to buy Antony for the RW. I'm fine with Amad and Pellistri being the backup wingers. But i just wanted more from the Rashford sell. 45m£ look low, but Rashford form can't help at all, so we will see.

I disagree. Telles is bad but he is only a backup option. I believe in Shaw for the LB position and think the RB position is more urgent because Dalot and AWB are both bad. In RB we can get Timber (former position) or Frimpong, both young and talented.

No problem with that as it would be boring if we all agreed on all the players. But with Shaw I just don't think he is mentally strong enough to play for a club as big as United, and even when he was getting all the plaudits last season and at the Euros there were obvious flaws in his game that he could've ironed out(if he'd wanted to)during all his long spells out injured. He's maybe good enough to be a back-up but you can't have somebody on circa £160,000 a week doing that job.

I planned to sell Rashford to buy Antony for the RW. I'm fine with Amad and Pellistri being the backup wingers. But i just wanted more from the Rashford sell. 45m£ look low, but Rashford form can't help at all, so we will see.

Said before I wouldn't pay too much attention to figures banded about from whatever source at a time transfers can't be done.

It's only when a deal is agreed bar dotting the 'i's and crossing the 't's that reliable journalists get the transfer fee and then they are still some way out on the actual figure because the various add-ons are still being haggled on till the very last minute.

Got a lot of time for the kid, and he may well rediscover his best form after an extended rest, but at this moment i'd bite Arsenal's hand off if the offered anywhere near £45m in the Summer, it would be madness not to.

It would take 15 seconds to create a video making Lindelof to be the cause of all of our problems at the back. (I'd just find the highlights to the city game).

If Maguire is this massive issue and the defence is fine without him what the hell happened on Saturday?

Maguire hasn't had a great season however Lindelof put in the worst defensive performance statistically recorded against City. Varane is fit 50% of the time and we don't know who our full backs are from game to game. But yes Maguire is the issue.

You're going to be fuming when Maguire starts next season as ETH's #1 CB and Bruno is main midfielder aren't you?
You should visit some other United fan sites. Your hatred of Lindelof and adoration of Maguire is unmatched. The most common opinions are that Lindelof will thrive under ETH and Maguire will fail.

You should visit some other United fan sites. Your hatred of Lindelof and adoration of Maguire is unmatched. The most common opinions are that Lindelof will thrive under ETH and Maguire will fail.
I am not mad keen on either to be honest. But ETH is not going to make Lindelof any faster or any stronger. Like a lot of our plyers he is decent back up.

There's a reason I don't visit many other sites. United fans online in general aren't a great bunch.

It's quite a common opinion also that Maguire will prosper under ETH.

I don’t think I’ve met 1 Utd fan in real life or online who thinks Lindelof is in any way being held back most think he’s pretty crap and most of his performances for us since he came back that up. I would say though he’s had an alright season he hasn’t let his standards drop in the way others have but I don’t see him being a solution to our issues. He is the third best centre back at the club currently and most agree he’s a very average defender there’s quite a lot who wouldn’t even be that kind to him.

He can play out from the back but he Is no better on the ball than Maguire.
He is also pretty slow on the turn teams get in behind him easily.
He is easy to beat in the air as physically he is quite weak.

He will always face the same problem when a centre forward looks to make it a physical battle rather than a tactical one he will almost always come off second best. This is a problem is it means even mid table strikers are able to get the better of him just by being a bit stronger and a bit quicker.

Unless Maguire recovers his confidence and form doesn’t matter who the manager is he’s going to struggle because this season you can see he’s allowed mistakes to get to him and he looks a bag of nerves whenever he steps on that pitch.

You guys are funny. Maguire and Lindelof are both tall, ball playing CB, but they both lack pace and are not press resistant. ETH has proved that size is not important and he favour pacy ball playing and press resistant CB. That doesn't mean he can't adapt, but i'm sure he will want to replace them if he can.

Bit more has come out about Matt Judge leaving the club he had been sidelined to a degree as part of the restructure post Woodward. He was woodward‘s mate so seems like he’s walked.

Utd won’t hire a direct replacement instead his role will be absorbed by people in current or new positions.

There's a reason I don't visit many other sites. United fans online in general aren't a great bunch.

It's quite a common opinion also that Maguire will prosper under ETH.

Time will tell, but this is something I would feel confident enough in to put money on the outcome. Neither Lindelof nor Maguire are world class, and never will be. Lindelof, having played DM, will do better under an ETH system than Maguire, who thrives in a back 3. ETH requires his back 4 or 5 to switch roles on occasion, and Maguire will not function at all if he steps up, as we have seen countless times. Ultimately we need upgrades on both. The part that is galling is your insistence that Maguire is somehow this brilliant player being held back by everyone around him, the manager, the formation, and the tactics, when it's painfully obvious the opposite is true.

Time will tell, but this is something I would feel confident enough in to put money on the outcome. Neither Lindelof nor Maguire are world class, and never will be. Lindelof, having played DM, will do better under an ETH system than Maguire, who thrives in a back 3. ETH requires his back 4 or 5 to switch roles on occasion, and Maguire will not function at all if he steps up, as we have seen countless times. Ultimately we need upgrades on both. The part that is galling is your insistence that Maguire is somehow this brilliant player being held back by everyone around him, the manager, the formation, and the tactics, when it's painfully obvious the opposite is true.
I agree. This guy will not last two more year at the club. His only chance is if we can't find a club for him for his current value (40m€). I don't care about the loss, i want him gone as soon as possible. He is terrible and too old to improve.

French press saying Monaco want 70m€ for Tchouameni !
It's way above his value, i believe he will stay at Monaco if they can't accept 50m€ max for him. In the past they sold Fabinho and Bernardo Silva for this kind of price.

French press saying Monaco want 70m€ for Tchouameni !
It's way above his value, i believe he will stay at Monaco if they can't accept 50m€ max for him. In the past they sold Fabinho and Bernardo Silva for this kind of price.

Tielemens and Bakoyoko as well came to England for around 40m.

They're obviously trying to push the price as high as possible as that's how their business model works but I don't see any club going massive for him. There's been quite a few players who came over from France with big reputations recently who didn't like up to expectations.

I guess you could look at Guimares to Newcastle that was about £40-45m as a good benchmark for the price buying clubs might be willing to pay.

Tchouameni does look a different gravy from previous guys who have come from France though. Looks a real star in the making.

I think someone will break the bank for him.

Tchouameni does look a different gravy from previous guys who have come from France though. Looks a real star in the making.

It's a really tricky one for clubs to navigate though as the French league is all over the place in terms of quality so it's hard to really know how good he is.

Camavinga was the big one from last summer he was cheap because he was going to run down his contract but previous years we've seen all sort of players talked up as the next big thing. Soumare at Leicester barely made an impact, Bakoyoko was a disaster, Pepe was a disaster, Lacazette never looked amazing but then you have lads like Kante and Fabinho who were maybe the hidden gems.

If the club has done its homework and they feel the lad is the real deal and fits the new bosses system perfectly then take the plunge if he wants to come. Utd are never going to get a "deal" on players they'll always pay premium prices unless they find players with release clauses that they can exploit

The one thing I do like about the French league is it's a physical league which I think helps players who are coming over to England as they're ready for that side of it which is something that I reckon shocks a lot of the lads that come from Germany.

But Fabinho, Bernardo Silva and Tielmans are great in the BPL. It look like a add on tax because he is a French international. The same kind you get when you target an English international. We will see if someone give in to there demands.

But Fabinho, Bernardo Silva and Tielmans are great in the BPL. It look like a add on tax because he is a French international. The same kind you get when you target an English international. We will see if someone give in to there demands.

There's also how much money they've invested into that player and his development those 3 players were not out of the academy they all signed for Monaco as did Tchouameni they paid around £15m for him so that will be factored into his value to Monaco. Also, if Monaco are in the CL next season if they qualify he might decide to stay 1 more year for the experience although I think as a young player you make your move while you're still hot property.

A lot will come down to the player and where he wants to go once he's decided his destination Monaco will have to deal with that club and get the best deal possible.

Not sure what the deal is with their owner as he is a Russian businessman I don't know if he's been sanctioned in any way which may force the club to sell players.

They had our pants down for Martial so maybe we'll go back for round 2.

There's also how much money they've invested into that player and his development those 3 players were not out of the academy they all signed for Monaco as did Tchouameni they paid around £15m for him so that will be factored into his value to Monaco. Also, if Monaco are in the CL next season if they qualify he might decide to stay 1 more year for the experience although I think as a young player you make your move while you're still hot property.

A lot will come down to the player and where he wants to go once he's decided his destination Monaco will have to deal with that club and get the best deal possible.

Not sure what the deal is with their owner as he is a Russian businessman I don't know if he's been sanctioned in any way which may force the club to sell players.

They had our pants down for Martial so maybe we'll go back for round 2.
Martial was another story. He was hot property very late in the window, to the point that Monaco will not have time to replace him, so we paid the bill. Also he was a forward and they usualy go for more than over position. Anyway i believe he will ask for a move this summer to secure his place in the starting 11 for France. Not sure if he have a prefered club, but in France it's all quiet about his new destination at the moment.

Damn, we are loosing De Jong. City want to swap him for Bernardo Silva and Xavi is interested. If we lose him i can't see another top class CM coming in. All my hope is on ETH finding a way to lure him away from Guardiola and create the domino effect we need to get all your targets in. Also, why the press is linking us to Dumfries ? I rather Timber or Frimpong, they both are younger and better than this 26yo guy.

Seen reports linking us with Lamptey. That's a signing I can get behind. Even though I don't think RB is a priority this summmer I think this kid has all the ability in both defensively and offensively and we know he can handle the league.

Seen reports linking us with Lamptey. That's a signing I can get behind. Even though I don't think RB is a priority this summmer I think this kid has all the ability in both defensively and offensively and we know he can handle the league.
No, this is a stupid move. All he have on AWB is pace. His delivery and close control his suspect. We should go for Timber or Frimpong first. And if they don't want to come we go for Spence as last option.

These players are absolutely stealing a living right now. Attitude and application is the big thing that needs to change - these players look like they don’t give two hoots at the moment.

Honestly fuming at them all.

The only good thing for ETH is every single week we are lowering expectations for next season. If he can get them into the top four he will look like a rock star. Massive job to do

The only good thing for ETH is every single week we are lowering expectations for next season. If he can get them into the top four he will look like a rock star. Massive job to do
Expectation ? Well, untill i see who he sold and who he bring in, i have no expectation at all. We need 4 or 5 players in to make me believe again in this team. At the moment, every week they try to prove again and again, how crap they are. The respect for the badge, the effort, the standard of play. All the basic demands of a United team is not there anymore. I just want this season to end and start the rebuild. My only expectation at the moment is transfer news, nothing else.

The only way is up I guess.
Well, we don't know, it can become worst. Imagine we loose all the players that are expected to leave in the summer and nobody want to come in. We will be worst. I don't trust the Glazer to give full control and a big budget to ETH untill i see it.

He certainly won't get full control. He may get a decent budget, maybe 100 - 150m plus sales. We may have to bulk up the squad with a couple of free signings and younger players

He certainly won't get full control. He may get a decent budget, maybe 100 - 150m plus sales. We may have to bulk up the squad with a couple of free signings and younger players
This kinds of budget will get you 3 top players max, but we need 5. Also we need to convince them to come without CL football. I feel that everything will be done late in the summer, after your targets are sure they can't get a CL teams first. It's sad, but we no longer are first choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back