What does the future hold for Rafael?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideshow Bob

I get the impression that Van Gaal is not a fan of Rafael and his future at United is in doubt. The cynic in me would suggest that Rafael has recently created Twitter and Facebook accounts for a reason. One of which is to increase his exposure. Or is it simply that the 3-5-2 formation is the reason for Rafael's non-inclusion?

I think on his day Rafael is as good as any right back in the league. Unfortunately due to injuries his day doesn't happen often enough. To be honest you can label several United players with that problem.

I think injuries are the reason for non-inclusion. We're only playing 352 because the full backs weren't fit.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave because of injuries but I think the reason he's been left out is that he takes a while to get up to speed after injury, he's been back from injury for a while now but until today he'd looked really rusty, he could have scored the winner today I seem to recall, I think his energy makes a real difference to the side. He has been the best player on the pitch at times this season for me certainly against West Ham. I'd like to see him stay but there are certainly understandable reasons for why he would be allowed to leave. Don't think anything can be read in to the twitter thing, he's been on Instagram for ages, Fabio has also joined twitter.

I just get the feeling van gaal doesn't fancy him. I disagree, I think he is easily good enough to be first choice right back in this team, but if van gaal doesn't then he may as well get rid of him and bring somebody else in

Thought he was one of if not our best player at start of the season, since injury he's not been playing and hasn't looked right when he has played either.

I'll miss him because he's got passion and when he does stay fit and is in form I think he's a cracking player. But fitness has been a huge problem and apart from Fergie's last season it hasn't shown any signs of improving.

Might be for the best that most of the squad Fergie left will be gone by next season.

Pretty sure he doesn't have one here. Pity I really like him but he does get injured a huge amount.

The only way he'll stay is if there is no one interested, probably due to injury. I think he'll still be here next season.

About time too. Sad to see him go out with a whimper. Really liked him too. Maybe he can have a career where the physical demands of the league is lesser compared to the premier league.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2015/07/14/13572142/rafael-wants-serie-a-move-agent

Cassiano Pereira (Rafael's agent) told Tuttomercato.web: "His contract expires in June 2016 and the coach, Van Gaal, said he isn't counting on him, so the player wants to leave and we are talking with more than one club about this.

"Roma would be a more than welcome destination

"We would be more than happy to talk to the capital club. Italy would be a great opportunity, particularly as he has a Portuguese passport.

"We are in contact with several clubs, but I can't reveal them.

"If Fiorentina call us, we'll be very happy to talk. The player is very interested in playing in Italy."

Gutted he's leaving to be honest. He was available for a while but had to put up with Valencia still.

His injuries seem to have done in his career. I liked him a lot but his injuries meant that he did not have a consistent run of games to build any momentum. Sad end to his united career.

Hopefully not the last time we deal with Lyon. (Lacazette)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Wish him great luck there and hopefully better luck with injuries. Could never be accused of not caring about United when he played, seem to recall him going nuts on the bench once when we scored too. It's a shame to lose someone so passionate but his injury record has been terrible and he's probably not what Van Gaal's looking for in a right back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back