West Ham United Discussion 2023/24

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Damn right he should continue, he's given the club their first major trophy since Billy Bonds was strutting his stuff.

Billy who?

I thought it might be the right time to have a fresh start and leave on a high.

That said for Moyes if he’s happy and wants to carry on working then no reason to stop, not like he’d walk into a bigger job if he did leave West Ham.

Big summer for West Ham losing Rice is going to be massive he carries that team and without him a lot of players are going to find their job has got a lot harder.

On top of the Rice deal they've also sold Scamacca to Atalanta for just over £20m now it looks like time to spend that money.

Fees agreed for Harry Maguire and James Ward Prowse both reported at around £30m.

Edson Alvarez from Ajax is also close to being agreed according to the BBC.

Turns out Rice was actually holding them back!

Good start to the season and top of the league for a few hours at least. Ward Prowse looks a very shrewd buy indeed.

Antonio looks to be back on his game too he wasn‘t fully at it last season.

His turn on the goal yesterday was world class.

The Bowen goal was also counter attacking perfection.

They seem to be the front runner for Kalvin Phillips on loan although City apparently want a £7m loan fee for him just for 6 months.

Huge pressure, I’d say the majority want him gone a defeat like that at home might be the final nail in the coffin.

He should have gone after winning that trophy last season, leave on a high.

The fans were always split on him because of the way his teams play.

Huge pressure, I’d say the majority want him gone a defeat like that at home might be the final nail in the coffin.

He should have gone after winning that trophy last season, leave on a high.

The fans were always split on him because of the way his teams play.

Not sure that's true, the vast majority of West Ham fans i've met are football cute and are clued in on what's happening.

Not sure that's true, the vast majority of West Ham fans i've met are football cute and are clued in on what's happening.

The ones I've met don't like him they fully understand the way he plays gets results but they are fed up of watching it.

There is an element of careful what you wish for and all that which they are aware of.

Show's how quickly things change as a month ago they beat Utd and Arsenal back to back now they've lost both of the repeat fixtures.

The ones I've met don't like him they fully understand the way he plays gets results but they are fed up of watching it.

There is an element of careful what you wish for and all that which they are aware of.

Show's how quickly things change as a month ago they beat Utd and Arsenal back to back now they've lost both of the repeat fixtures.

Well yeah you are talking to the entitled ones then, Moyes won the club it's first trophy for 44 yeas only last season, and if the club doesn't cough up for a top CF any Manager replacing him is gonna have exactly the same issues Moyes has.

Well yeah you are talking to the entitled ones then, Moyes won the club it's first trophy for 44 yeas only last season, and if the club doesn't cough up for a top CF any Manager replacing him is gonna have exactly the same issues Moyes has.

I'd hardly call them entitled some of them are season ticket holders, one goes home and away. So these are lads spending a couple of grand a year following them.

That cup win came at huge expense in the league they had a terrible season in the league last year and they are grateful for him to that. They feel if the club want to push on and qualify for Europe more regularly through the league position then they need to be a team that looks to win games rather than avoid defeat.

Not sure who really controls the signings at West Ham but their hunt for a decent striker seems to be never ending, Antonia came good for them for a while but honestly can't think of the last good striker they had.

Losing Kudus when he was in red hot form wasn't easy for them as Paqueta also got injured around the same time.

I'd hardly call them entitled some of them are season ticket holders, one goes home and away. So these are lads spending a couple of grand a year following them.

That cup win came at huge expense in the league they had a terrible season in the league last year and they are grateful for him to that. They feel if the club want to push on and qualify for Europe more regularly through the league position then they need to be a team that looks to win games rather than avoid defeat.

Not sure who really controls the signings at West Ham but their hunt for a decent striker seems to be never ending, Antonia came good for them for a while but honestly can't think of the last good striker they had.

Losing Kudus when he was in red hot form wasn't easy for them as Paqueta also got injured around the same time.

What's that got to do with the price of snuff? It doesn't matter if you travel first-class everywhere or if you are an Inter-City jibber if your expectations are too high they are too high.

And it should have been obvious they would fall away last season with a small squad when they were focusing on winning a trophy in Europe for the first time in nearly 60 years, and it's like the previous seasons when they finished 6th and 7th which is high for them didn't happen.

Wtf are they actually expecting?

What's that got to do with the price of snuff? It doesn't matter if you travel first-class everywhere or if you are an Inter-City jibber if your expectations are too high they are too high.

And it should have been obvious they would fall away last season with a small squad when they were focusing on winning a trophy in Europe for the first time in nearly 60 years, and it's like the previous seasons when they finished 6th and 7th which is high for them didn't happen.

Wtf are they actually expecting?

The point is these aren't lads just having a moan these are lads who put their hand in their pockets and go most weeks so they are paying to watch it every week and some of them aren't enjoying it.

They expect their team to have a go against everyone at home, they feel that under Moyes they are far to cautious at home even against the teams around them in mid table or bottom half. Basically they don't enjoy watching his team and they want to try something different.

The point is these aren't lads just having a moan these are lads who put their hand in their pockets and go most weeks so they are paying to watch it every week and some of them aren't enjoying it.

They expect their team to have a go against everyone at home, they feel that under Moyes they are far to cautious at home even against the teams around them in mid table or bottom half. Basically they don't enjoy watching his team and they want to try something different.

It's the board the fans should be complaining about not the Manager for not backing him with a top-striker, everything else they need to be reasonably successful is already at the club, and they have had two of their highest finishes in their PL history in the 2 previous seasons, and a trophy.

How are these clued in fans expecting West Ham to attack more without a recognised CF, and having to play Antonio and now Bowen up top which weakens them substantially out wide as well.

And okay they collapsed against Arsenal this weekend but I was more impressed/worried by West Ham against United recently than by Aston Villa yesterday, and I think Villa are a good side. They are not far off.

To be clear they aren't massive fans of the board either especially their decision to stick with Moyes :p

A lot of the negativity comes from that new ground they'll never forgive the current owners for moving the team from it's home.

Yeah kinda miss the 'Chicken Run' myself

Thought the ground was growing on them?

Think over time the reality of things never going back to what they were settled in but not really heard any say they prefer it.

Still feels like you are miles away from the pitch and they say you get a lot more PL tourists than actual fans because it's so big to fill it they pick up loads of people who just want to go to a game while visiting London which makes atmosphere a problem.

The worst thing the club did with that move to the new ground was suggest the move would allow them to compete for top 4 places as the reality is that's got nothing to do with the stadium.

Think over time the reality of things never going back to what they were settled in but not really heard any say they prefer it.

Still feels like you are miles away from the pitch and they say you get a lot more PL tourists than actual fans because it's so big to fill it they pick up loads of people who just want to go to a game while visiting London which makes atmosphere a problem.

The worst thing the club did with that move to the new ground was suggest the move would allow them to compete for top 4 places as the reality is that's got nothing to do with the stadium.

Never had Upton Park down as one of the more atmospheric grounds, okay it could rock when Man United turned up for a night-match but that was the same at most grounds when United turned up.

Obviously meant with more monies coming it they would have more money not to spend on a striker!

Never had Upton Park down as one of the more atmospheric grounds, okay it could rock when Man United turned up for a night-match but that was the same at most grounds when United turned up.

Obviously meant with more monies coming it they would have more money not to spend on a striker!

It was certainly a ground that got up for the big games, still annoys me that we didn't win that final game there to give it the send off it really deserved.

It just didn't need to be said as it would always be used as something to beat you with down the road. They have spent money on strikers just none of them ever seem to work almost like the centre forward spot there is cursed.

I'm sure they'd cough up the money for Solanke or Toney who on paper would be great signings but not sure those players would want that sort of move.

It was certainly a ground that got up for the big games, still annoys me that we didn't win that final game there to give it the send off it really deserved.

It just didn't need to be said as it would always be used as something to beat you with down the road. They have spent money on strikers just none of them ever seem to work almost like the centre forward spot there is cursed.

I'm sure they'd cough up the money for Solanke or Toney who on paper would be great signings but not sure those players would want that sort of move.

Thought Gianluca Scamacca was a shrewd signing but for whatever reason it just didn't work out for them, or him.

Thought Gianluca Scamacca was a shrewd signing but for whatever reason it just didn't work out for them, or him.
Yeah Scamacca came with a big reputation but never really settled. It was the same with Haller who is now flourishing with Dortmund and Ivory Coast after getting over his illness.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back