West Ham Discussion 2021/22

jsp

Picking up where they left off?

2 games 6 points 8 scored.

Leicester played a lot of the game with 10 men but West Ham ripped them apart

Though his touch for both goal was brilliant on his first goal the way he killed the ball perfectly allowed him to then use his strength to turn the defender who couldn't do anything to stop him.

He's a player who's improved so much of his game in the last few years West Ham will be depserate to keep him fit as that has generally been the problem he's faced during his career.

West Ham have only signed 2 players so far in this window, they have managed to retain all their players but with European football you do wonder if that will catch up to them later in the season when it's 2 games a week every week.

They've pulled together a decent squad there I think Coufal and Soucek have been great signings that have slotted straight in plus they've invested in a bit of quality from the championship in Benrama and Bowen.

I guess the question remains will they go back for Lingard and try to get him in again before the window closes?

Yeah Moyes has built a cracking side there I reckon they’re as good maybe better than his best Everton sides ever were.

Injuries starting to hit West Ham now Ogbonna is out for the seson and now Zouma is out as well.

You do have to think they'll fade in the second half of the season when those extra european matches catch up to them.

Interesting that Sebastien Haller(Ajax Amsterdam) who couldn't hit a banjo's backside with a barn door when he was at West Ham has now become only the second player after Cristiano Ronaldo to score in all six Champions League group stage matches. Well done Son.

Close but no cigar for West Ham in the Europa League.

Not sure what the rules are anymore regarding straight red cards for denying a goal scoring opportunity but felt a bit harsh on Creswell he's tried to play the ball but with it being outside the area I think the ref has to give the red under the rules.

Makes you wonder why he only showed a yellow in the first place.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back