We are not a team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideshow Bob

We are not playing like a team, we are playing like a bunch of individuals thrown together at the last minute. The team has no shape and the players do not understand their roles. Off the ball movement is non-existent leaving the player in possession with no passing option. The first half was one of the worst halves of football I've had the displeasure of watching. I'm seriously starting to question whether Van Gaal is the man to take us forward, and I'd like to consider myself to be fairly patient.

I think, like moyes, he should be given the chance to get us into the top four. If he does he probably deserves a crack next season. I do agree tho the football is ponderous and predictable. We lack speed in both motion and thought.

Yeah, he will be given a second season if we qualify for the Champions League, and probably rightly so. With the quality in the squad at his disposal we should be finishing in the top four, but we've made the task more difficult for ourselves. The squad is imbalanced, but team selections and decisions have exaggerated the imbalance. I do find myself questioning his decisions quite often.

I'm still behind him but there's no doubt things need to improve a lot. Not sure another change of manager is the best way to go either by the way unless things worsen significantly. Who else can we get that will definitely do a better job? Klopp who is currently managing a struggling Dortmund side? I think he's still a very good manager but there's no guarantee he or anyone else would do any better and we could be back here again in 12 months time. There's still a lot of issues with the squad that need to be addressed, another change of manager may create more problems in this regard. My feeling is (I might be totally wrong) that he's won too much in the game to not get it right in the end and seeing how Barca and Bayern did after him suggests to me that we'll be better for sticking with Van Gaal.

We're 3rd and still in the FA Cup by the way ;)

Van Gaal on formations:

“I have played now already five or six systems and I am looking still for the balance. This system is more balanced than normally and I can play with more attacking players. In spite of the fact that we are looking for the balance, our results are not bad and our defensive organisation is not bad, we also score a lot of goals. So, I cannot say that I am very disappointed about that.”

Van Gaal on Burnley performance:

“I was not down about the second half, I have given my opinion and am always honest. When it is bad, it is bad and when it is good, it is good. I think in the second half we were the better team and created chances and overall we have created more chances than Burnley.”

“Football is made for created chances, we have created more chances than Burnley so we have deserved to win. When you look at the statistics that I am looking, for our process, then I am disappointed that we play in that way. Next match we can show that we are still in our process and positive, when you see that it's not bad I think.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back