Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah poor first half performance. Imroved a bit but perhaps his game time so far this season has taken it's toll - think he's started every game since the Chelsea game in cups also.

Southampton 19/10/2013

Poor; touch was way off. Unlucky not to score a couple of goals.

van Persie is a doubt with Calf and Toe problems... push Rooney up and capitalise on his good form and play Kagawa behind him? Kagawa hasn't had the best of starts to the season but think his passing when under pressure is better than Rooney's.

I wrote that last night and whenever Rooney made a mistake I kept thinking about it. I'd rest van Persie on Wednesday and maybe do the above. Suspect we may see Kagawa on the left though unfortunately.

Seems to be playing further forward under Moyes and not so much in the hole. Prefer him deeper and our lack of mobility in midfield could do with his help, obviously not his fault as he's been instructed to play there.

Real Sociedad - 23/10/2013

Good performance after a few indifferent games. Brilliant in the build up to the goal. He'll probably be a little disappointed by his finishing, which was the only negative aspect of his performance.

Stoke City - 26/10/2013

Excellent. Desire, drive and leadership qualities were on all show. Captaincy material.

He was really good today. In an ideal world until we buy a quality midfield player I think Wayne possibly needs to play there.

I agree Wayne showed a lot of drive today. He needs to because we are short of big characters in that team.

We would be in more trouble if we didnt have Rooney this season.

I may slag him off because of his contract situations from years ago, but he is the ONLY one carrying the team through these games atm.

He was all over the pitch doing everyone elses jobs for them, and worked harder than anyone else.

I just hope he does sign a new deal with us

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Happy to say I was wrong about him as a player. Thought he needed the move to re-energise, just needed a new manager. Unfortunately he's playing better and most of the rest are performing worse.

Arsenal - 10/11/2013

Absolutely top class today. Looks reborn. Club slammed for transfer dealings in summer and rightly so but should be applauded for managing to get Rooney to stay.

He put in a proper shift today. Ran his blood to water. When his head is right he is the best number 10 in the league by a distance.

He unsurprisingly looked shattered towards the end. Never stopped running and was all over the place. He appears to be a happy footballer.

At the heart of everything at the minute, it's great to watch.

The difference between Rooney as a number 10 and other modern number 10's, mostly little nimble players like Ozil or Silva, is that Rooney is switched on and in the thick of the action from the minute he crosses the white line until the end.. I often find a lot of other number 10's at other clubs have a lot to offer but don't show it enough. Think it was highlighted with Ozil in direct opposition today and offered absolutely nothing.

Even though I said get rid at the start of the season I didn't realise he was going to have his best season. He has been class all season. We should offer him what he wants, he shows week in-week out that he still loves this club, even though occasionally he throws a strop.

Agree IM, a lot of 10s tend to shy away at times. When Rooney plays bad, he's still heavily involved, I can't think of anything Ozil did yesterday that made me regret that we didn't want him.

Cardiff City - 24/11/2013

Silly and lucky not to be sent off. Our best attacking player; scored, an assist and set pieces were a threat. Poor decision/execution at the end.

Don't know he tried to set up Welbeck. It was easier to score.

It was a shocking miss. A centre forward should be taking the responsibility himself. And to make it worse he passed to a centre forward that cant finish.

No idea what he was doing at the start or the end of that game. Pleb!

Bayer Leverkusen - 27/11/2013

Outstanding. Was it three or four assists?

Set piece delivery has gone up a notch this season... Moyes been working on set pieces I think.

Only 2 official assists. One was an own goal, the other was deflected into Evans' path.

Was good for us yesterday. But I can't help the feeling that he is performing like this to put himself in the shop window.

Most people would disagree but I prefer him as proper striker rather than in behind one.

Think I do too to be honest. Under Moyes, we've seen him and van Persie rotate a bit between the roles. I'd actually like to see van Persie play a little deeper more often.

Rooney will always be heavily involved reagrdless of whether he plays in a 10 or further forward whereas I feel van Persie gets a little exposed at times when up top on his own, we probably don't use him enough as we should so yeah I wouldn't mind seeing van Perise behind Rooney the odd time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back