Was David Beckham world class?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideshow Bob

Keys and Gray talked about Beckham during today's show. Gray thought Beckham was a great player but fell short of world class level - compared to the likes of Zidane.

What do you guys think?

This is exactly what they say about Scholes. It's because they're English and didn't acheive anything on the international stage.

Beckham, who by the way i liked... was and still is the most overated player i've seen. He was a one trick pony (no skill to beat a player via dribbling) who would push, run, cross, but what I will say for Becks. a) He could cross a cracking ball, b) we haven't anybody in this team who could take free kicks like him and c) nobody has the desire to win for United like he did.

Definitely on his crosses and passion alone, he didnt have to prance around, do ten step overs just to put in a rubbish cross. One touch - cross - goal. Ask any striker whether they would rather have a class crosser with decent dribbling skills or a speedy enthralling trickstar who messes up the final ball 9x out of 10.

I'd go along with that. Aspects of Beckham's game was/are world class.

For my money Zidane falls into the elite bracket where as Beckham tops the below tier.

Passing, determination/never say die attitude and non-stop running are traits that fall into the world class bracket.

If I was to pick my all time Fergie IX Ronaldo would be ahead of Beckham.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back