Wagatha Christie Trial

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
Anyone been following this?

The lawyers must be loving this how the hell did this end up in a courtroom.

I'm paying a small amount of attention.

It seems to me Vardy is suing Collen for libel because she stained her character, but I don't think anything Rooney said was as bad as what's come out in the trial. Talk about shoot yourself in the foot.

She seems like a real nasty character.

There was some lawyer talking about the case saying Vardy actually has a pretty good chance of winning because in the UK it's on the defendant in this case Rooney to prove what she said is true.

So Rooney will have to prove to the judge beyond a reasonable doubt that what she posted about the Vardy account leaking stories is true. The problem for her is the evidence she needs to prove that has conveniently all gone missing or been deleted and since the Sun are not obliged to reveal the source of their article she might find herself legally snookered.

Wayne Rooney was in the court today saying he had to speak with Vardy during Euro 2016 to tell him to stop giving the inside story to Vardy who wrote a column for the Sun during the tournament.

She comes across as fame hungry b*tch but the law may actually be on her side here so all the Rooney team can do is smear her reputation in court and prove that only those viewing that instagram account could have ever seen those stories.

it sounds likes to me likes she's proved it's highly likely to be Vardy. Whether it's enough is another story

it's disgusting, people on the radio talking about going through supermarket bins because of cost living and they spunk 1m each on this BS.

To be fair to Rooney, she did try settle and she has said its a waste, but she can't cancel as she is the one being sued.

Vardy really isn't coming out well of this. Seems very unlikeable

Ignoring the subject it's actually quite a interesting case and I agree it's ridiculous that it has made it this far but it seems that Vardy has some sort of personal vendetta against Rooney.

Imagine being the two husbands sitting their watching your wives chuck millions of your families money down the drain on lawyers must be infuriating.

Ignoring the subject it's actually quite a interesting case and I agree it's ridiculous that it has made it this far but it seems that Vardy has some sort of personal vendetta against Rooney.

Imagine being the two husbands sitting their watching your wives chuck millions of your families money down the drain on lawyers must be infuriating.
Rich people will clearly spend a lot of money to prove they are right!

Vardy does seem like a right piece of work from the other stories starting to filter out.

Rich people will clearly spend a lot of money to prove they are right!

Vardy does seem like a right piece of work from the other stories starting to filter out.

Think she used to make a decent bit of money off this stuff being a bit of a gossip queen now no one tells her anything and she's probably been frozen out of the little WAG groups as no one can trust her.

Even if she wins and she probably will it won't change anything people are still going to be very guarded around her as they know she's the gossip line to the sun newspaper.

The court has now finished it's hearing and it sits with the judge to make their decision.

My guess is Vardy will win because Rooney can't provide the proof to support her claim and as far as the court is concerned the post was aimed at Vardy and not the Vardy account.

All Rooney has been able to do is smear Vardy and show a pattern of behaviour but she has not been able to prove in this specific case that Vardy gave or authorised someone else to give that information to the sun.

What is crazy is both women have spent £1m each on their legal teams and if Vardy wins the max she's expected to get is £50k and 70% of her legal fee paid, so even if she wins she'll be minimum £250k out of pocket and her reputation remains in the gutter even if she wins.

The fact this was the main headline on Sky News today kind of sums up how the world has become so screwed.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back