UEFA Nations League

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
Anyone been watching these games?

I've caught a bit of both two absolute belters by all accounts

Spain beat Italy 2-1 in Milan to reach the final and last night France came back from 2-0 down to win 3-2 against Belguim.

UEFA have had some bonkers ideas for football recently but this nations league thing is brilliant even the group games are played a much more competitive pace than friendlies.

Finals are on Sunday

3rd/4th ~ Italy vs Belguim
Final ~ Spain vs France.

Doubt I'll watch the playoff in the afternoon but I'm definitely going to watch the final in the evening Spain look to really be coming back as a threat on the international stage with some fantastic young players. Sadly it looks like time has run out for Belguim and their golden generation of talent.

Varane off in the final injured.

Love the way this Spain team knock the ball around takes serious ability to play the way they do.

I like the look of Orazabal think a lot of clubs will be keeping an eye on him currently at Sociedad

Been told all week top sides don't concede from their own corners.

I wonder then did anybody see the goal Nations League finalists Spain, with an defence featuring experienced Premier League players Azpilicueta, Laporte and Marcos Alonso and rising star Pau Torres, with Busquets still one of the best in the business protecting them conceded when they were totally in control from their own corner against Italy late on in the Semi-Final when they were two-nil up and had an extra man?

Yeah and they were rightfully panned by everyone watching for doing something so stupid.

Anyone watch the final last night?

Second half was brilliant but what have they done to the offside rule if they're letting goals like that stand? Defenders can't be expected to just let that ball go through and gamble on the offside he has to go for the ball. They need to sort that law out you surely have to have got the ball under some sort of control for it to be judged as a new phase.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back