Sideshow Bob

Under-21s preview: Norwich v Manchester United - Official Manchester United Website

Manchester United have a fourth Barclays Under-21 Premier League assignment of the season when facing Norwich City at Carrow Road on Monday night.

The teams drew this fixture last term in front of almost 10,000 fans but United will be determined to take all three points in a bid to climb the table. Warren Joyce's reigning champions won 1-0 at leaders Sunderland last time out and, while the Canaries are currently bottom, the East Anglians have previously fielded strong sides against the Reds.

Josh Harrop scored in both games against Norwich last term and is available again after a hernia problem to provide some extra creativity from midfield.

"I've trained over the last few days and have been working hard and doing extra stuff in the gym," Harrop told MUTV. "I had a sports hernia and thought it was the best time to get it done now, as we didn't have many games, so I finished one game and got it sorted. It's fixed and I'm back on the road now.

"I played with it for quite a while but saw it out until the end of the season. I couldn't really feel it after then so I didn't get anything done, but I started feeling it again and it came back. I had the opportunity to get it done now as we didn't have many games."

Joyce has suggested Nick Powell could be in contention for his long-awaited return after recovering from a serious hamstring injury but Joel Castro Pereira has gone back to Rochdale on loan. Wednesday's UEFA Youth clash with PSV Eindhoven could have a bearing on the team selection.

The game, which kicks off at 19:00 GMT, is being screened exclusively live on MUTV.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Wasn't 100% focused on watching it but Powell looked like he was enjoying it. Did well.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back