Treble on? Cups only.

Our inability to finish sides on the break is going to cost us this season. Opposition managers aren't scared to throw men forward anymore because we are unlikely to hit them on the counter and punish them. Take the Palace game for example. They were bombing forward without regard for defending, and we couldn't do anything but hold on and pray for the final whistle. The major difference from years gone by, is we're not conceding as many late point(s) dropping goals.

Can't remember the last time we had a game killed off at halftime or even 60 min and could coast home in style.

There was a few after the World Cup, Forest at home in the league and first leg of the cup semi and the Burnley cup game but they are few and far between. A lot of games this season we’ve spent the last 5-10 minutes hanging on to a 1 goal lead. We are pretty good at doing it but it’s unnecessary.

Palace is a great example Casemiro had to take a yellow because after getting ahead in that game we did nothing second half to finish them off. That put him out of the Arsenal game. Luckily in the home game we did get the second goal as we ended up needing it after the red card.

The team needs to find more goals with more than just Rashford contributing on a regular basis.

It is odd to jump to such a ridiculous extreme having totally missed the point.

The players won’t complain and neither will the manager but playing that many games is a huge test for any squad.

Especially those who also played a World Cup mid season.

The point was injuries will likely hit as players bodies start to feel the strain and Casemiro missing 4 games out of 5 due to suspension hasn’t helped either.

The squad is already stretched we can’t afford any more needless disciplinary issues.
There needs to be perspective in life. There are people in the world fighting wars, laying their lives on the line to fight for their freedom against an aggressive dictatorship, we could actually be not too far away from WWIII. There are thousands upon thousands of people losing their lives buried under rubble and grieving families dealing with multiple sudden losses. Elsewhere there are people simple starving due to poverty. Here close to home there are pensioners, people with disabilities, the unemployed (even healthy employed people)sitting indoors wrapped up in coats because they cant afford to heat their homes and showering or bathing twice a week instead of their daily routine. I could go on.

Physiotherapists, masseur's, mansions, fine dining, (tasty old tarts into the bargain). Let's not be overstating the perils of playing 2 games a week.

There was a few after the World Cup, Forest at home in the league and first leg of the cup semi and the Burnley cup game but they are few and far between. A lot of games this season we’ve spent the last 5-10 minutes hanging on to a 1 goal lead. We are pretty good at doing it but it’s unnecessary.

Palace is a great example Casemiro had to take a yellow because after getting ahead in that game we did nothing second half to finish them off. That put him out of the Arsenal game. Luckily in the home game we did get the second goal as we ended up needing it after the red card.

The team needs to find more goals with more than just Rashford contributing on a regular basis.
A few cup games against lower league opposition, but not nearly enough in the league.

Bruno is our second highest league scorer with 5. He's tied for 21st overall. In that top 21 + ties, Arsenal have 5 players (contributing 35 goals, 7 were Trossard before joining), City have 2 (contributing 32 goals, with Haaland getting 25 and Foden 7, which explains a lot where their season has gone awry), Brighton have 4 (contributing 21 goals not including Trossard's 7) and we have 2 (contributing 16). Our next highest goal scorer is Antony with 3, tied for 50th. That's not nearly good enough for a side expecting to be challenging for the title/major trophies.

There needs to be perspective in life. There are people in the world fighting wars, laying their lives on the line to fight for their freedom against an aggressive dictatorship, we could actually be not too far away from WWIII. There are thousands upon thousands of people losing their lives buried under rubble and grieving families dealing with multiple sudden losses. Elsewhere there are people simple starving due to poverty. Here close to home there are pensioners, people with disabilities, the unemployed (even healthy employed people)sitting indoors wrapped up in coats because they cant afford to heat their homes and showering or bathing twice a week instead of their daily routine. I could go on.

Physiotherapists, masseur's, mansions, fine dining, (tasty old tarts into the bargain). Let's not be overstating the perils of playing 2 games a week.

I just find it ridiculous to jump to such extremes, we aren’t talking about players being privelaged we are talking about elite athletes competitions with each other. If our players are playing twice a week against other players who only have to play once it’s not ridiculous to say ours will suffer and face a tougher test.

These players are pushing their bodies to the limit and there are no signs of complaints from them, they are paid big money and given luxuries to make sure they can do it twice a week.

Footballers will be acutely aware of these struggles loads of them come from tough upbringings and football gives them a chance to escape poverty but they have had to fight and scrap their way to reach the top and get these luxuries.

If you want to have a pop at people have a look at those who never have to work a day in their lives because they inherit wealth, basically the owners of our club and many other clubs. I would guess there’s more club owners who inherited wealth rather than created their own and more often than not the club owners are the sort who spend money to keep the tax man away from their income. Use exploitative tactics to pay their workers nothing or in the case of the state run clubs make decisions that can cause or prolong wars.

I see no reason to bring all of the points you’ve raised into a conversation about how many trophies Utd can win.

So after royally showing Leeds United their backsides yesterday it's back to our treble charge.

Move over Barca you are in our way.

I think given the present state of play the quad thread WAS closed prematurely and should be reopened.
It would be rude not to given there should actually be more confidence in it now than there was when it was opened.
So…..

I think given the present state of play the quad thread WAS closed prematurely and should be reopened.
It would be rude not to given there should actually be more confidence in it now than there was when it was opened.
So…..
Do we risk jinxing the team's progress by reopening the thread? I would not want to be responsible for that.

Do we risk jinxing the team's progress by reopening the thread? I would not want to be responsible for that.
Nothing to do with anyone being responsible for anything. It seemed appropriate at time of closure, now it doesn’t.

When that thread was started United were 40/1 for the league. Now it's down to 11's.

465/1 for the quad. Was 2305/1 3 weeks ago.

I more take issue with it being called the quad when we aren't in the champions League though.

I more take issue with it being called the quad when we aren't in the champions League though
Same

I don't honestly think we have much chance with the league. I think we're expecting Arsenal to drop too many points all the while we don't

Cup games I'd back us as long as Rashford remains fit

I dont hold hope of 4 trophies but I just thought the thread could be a bit of fun should we find ourselves edging closer to it as we have done since the thread was created and again when it closed.
Of course it wouldnt be THE quadruple so rename it 4 Trophy Chase or something!

I dont hold hope of 4 trophies but I just thought the thread could be a bit of fun should we find ourselves edging closer to it as we have done since the thread was created and again when it closed.
Of course it wouldnt be THE quadruple so rename it 4 Trophy Chase or something!
Back open for business.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back